IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > IDN Domain Appraisals

IDN Domain Appraisals Appraisals by other members on International domain names.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th May 2012, 08:56 PM

tee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enough
сочи.org [Sochi.org]

Care to share your thoughts/Opinions on сочи.org the .com went for 20K in 2008 I believe.

TIA for your thoughts and comments.
Tim

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sochi
Old 7th May 2012, 09:02 PM

Ben has a spectacular aura aboutBen has a spectacular aura aboutBen has a spectacular aura aboutBen has a spectacular aura aboutBen has a spectacular aura aboutBen has a spectacular aura aboutBen has a spectacular aura aboutBen has a spectacular aura aboutBen has a spectacular aura aboutBen has a spectacular aura about
Re: сочи.org [Sochi.org]

"Sochi will host the XXII Olympic Winter Games and XI Paralympic Winter Games in 2014, as well as the Russian Formula 1 Grand Prix from 2014 until at least 2020.[9][10] It is also one of the host cities for the 2018 FIFA World Cup."

You should develop a simple website on it, with all that's going to be happening in Sochi it could really make a lot from the traffic in the coming years. I'm not sure how popular .org is in Russia and if there are any alias plans, but if I owned this I would hold on to it and wait and see, I would not be willing to sell it.
Old 8th May 2012, 03:58 AM

Wot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enough

I have zero interest in a portfolio or around 30 plus fairly good names including городсочи.com SochiCity.com,город-сочи.com Sochi-City.com at a price in the mid $xxxx so make your own call,not very encouraging.
Old 10th May 2012, 04:24 PM

tee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enough

@wot the reason for the delayed response was I had to reply to all those xxx,xxx pm offers just kidding. thanks for the info. I think that maybe London is getting all the attention, also does the winter games rank as high as the summer games? Maybe after London Sochi will start getting some attention.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wot View Post
I have zero interest in a portfolio or around 30 plus fairly good names including городсочи.com SochiCity.com,город-сочи.com Sochi-City.com at a price in the mid $xxxx so make your own call,not very encouraging.

@Ben thanks for the info yeah, the Winter games, Formula 1 Grand Prix, World Cup host city all make it attractive but I think I need to develop it.

On developing...
First thought was Olympic info based, weather, travel, things to do in Sochi ect, and affiliate links out the wazzooo

Second thought: I assume the .com owners will develop and have some or all the stuff from the first thought and I am sure they have alot more $/€ at their disposal. So I thought about something like StatusNet microblogging software, see identi.ca, but it doesn't support russian or maybe a craiglist kinda site, so people can offer their services for the Olympics/World cup ect. Basically something different than what would be expect from a GEO site?
Just my initial rambling. thoughts/opinions appreciated.
Old 11th May 2012, 01:27 AM

Wot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tee1 View Post
@wot the reason for the delayed response was I had to reply to all those xxx,xxx pm offers just kidding. thanks for the info. I think that maybe London is getting all the attention, also does the winter games rank as high as the summer games? Maybe after London Sochi will start getting some attention.

@Ben thanks for the info yeah, the Winter games, Formula 1 Grand Prix, World Cup host city all make it attractive but I think I need to develop it.

On developing...
First thought was Olympic info based, weather, travel, things to do in Sochi ect, and affiliate links out the wazzooo

Second thought: I assume the .com owners will develop and have some or all the stuff from the first thought and I am sure they have alot more $/€ at their disposal. So I thought about something like StatusNet microblogging software, see identi.ca, but it doesn't support russian or maybe a craiglist kinda site, so people can offer their services for the Olympics/World cup ect. Basically something different than what would be expect from a GEO site?
Just my initial rambling. thoughts/opinions appreciated.
Be careful with anything that relates/mentions Olympics in any website they are VERY protective.