IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > Regional Specific Discussion > Noms de Domaine Français

Noms de Domaine Français IDN talk for French IDN Domains.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st May 2012, 12:53 PM

Domainer1 is on a distinguished roadDomainer1 is on a distinguished roadDomainer1 is on a distinguished roadDomainer1 is on a distinguished roadDomainer1 is on a distinguished roadDomainer1 is on a distinguished road
How to monetize French IDN?

Hello!

I have an IDN domain with French traffic. The stats are usually between 100 and 140 unique visitors per day. All of them are potential cloth buyers. Now I'm trying to monetize it without creating website. I'm not a French-speaker, so building a French website is not for me. Do you know any French clothing affiliates with their own templates?

P.S. Parking is not for me, because Google doesn't display ads on this domain for some reason! The domain generates 10$ per month with CPA on Bodis.com, but I think such revenue is not enough for this highly commercial IDN!
Old 21st May 2012, 01:19 PM

Jay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enough
Re: How to monetize French IDN?

What's the domain?
Old 21st May 2012, 01:26 PM

squirrel is a name known to all
squirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to all

Cloth or clothing ?
Old 21st May 2012, 01:40 PM

yanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to yanni Send a message via Skype™ to yanni

I am not that familiar with French affiliate programs, but in most probability, you'll be hard-pressed to find one that will allow a simple redirect, or offer a white label solution (in the clothing sector).

laredoute.fr looks promising (Program through zanox.com) They seem pretty liberal and they may allow redirects if you approach them.

As far as parking goes, France passed a law a few years back where parking pages could not show direct advertisements and most parking platforms served second-click landers.
As a result parking earnings on French domains nose-dived, at least in my personal experience, and have stayed low ever since.

Goof luck with your project.
Old 21st May 2012, 01:45 PM

Jay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanni View Post
As a result parking earnings on French domains nose-dived
Ah, that explains a lot.
Old 21st May 2012, 01:45 PM

squirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
What's the domain?
Artem Id be interested to know too because it seems to me that you might be cybersquatting
Old 21st May 2012, 01:47 PM

Ryu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
As far as parking goes, France passed a law a few years back where parking pages could not show direct advertisements and most parking platforms served second-click landers.
Holy cow! They've got a law specifically for domain parking? That's incredible.

Why would they do that? It's not like parking pages are destroying some unique aspects of French culture/identity.
Old 21st May 2012, 02:10 PM

yanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to yanni Send a message via Skype™ to yanni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
It may only be effective on traffic coming from France, as i just visited one of my parked french domains and it does show ads, but none from French firms.
Old 21st May 2012, 02:37 PM

blackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enough

Domainer1,
tell me, why are you here asking questions?
http://domenforum.net/showthread.php?t=147049
You don't like this forum, talk dirt of this forum members and this forum in general and.. you are here asking for help?
Don't you think you are behaving inconsistently?
Old 21st May 2012, 02:49 PM

Domainer1 is on a distinguished roadDomainer1 is on a distinguished roadDomainer1 is on a distinguished roadDomainer1 is on a distinguished roadDomainer1 is on a distinguished roadDomainer1 is on a distinguished road

blackpower,
Nothing bad was said about this forum and members. I was talking about how curious it is that one of the sellers don't like translations to be approved by natives. And I think that some sellers are not honest to their buyers with their translations sometimes. That what I was discussing with my Russian colleagues.

Thank's for all replies!

Last edited by Domainer1; 21st May 2012 at 02:51 PM..
Old 21st May 2012, 02:52 PM
Semi-retired

alpha has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu View Post

Why would they do that? It's not like parking pages are destroying some unique aspects of French culture/identity.
The french passed another law recently that anyone driving through France must carry a personal alcohol breathalyzer kit. The weirdness never ends
Old 21st May 2012, 03:04 PM

blackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domainer1 View Post
blackpower,
Nothing bad was said about this forum and members. I was talking about how curious it is that one of the sellers don't like translations to be approved by natives. And I think that some sellers are not honest to their buyers with their translations sometimes. That what I was discussing with my Russian colleagues.

Thank's for all replies!
I don't know anybody on idnforum who's business is to purpousely sell typos to fool people.. and this is what you are essentially imply in your post on russian forum. You were right on subject but your tone was wrong. Anyway,
, just wanted to clear out this as I was put off a bit with that argument and following discussion on russian forum

Last edited by blackpower; 21st May 2012 at 03:05 PM..
Old 21st May 2012, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpower View Post
but your tone was wrong.
I agree. May be the tone was a little bit rude. Nevertheless I like both forums. And I tried to help seller and his buyers. Now I know that all members use good translators and don't need translations. But be careful, sometimes translators are wrong.
Old 21st May 2012, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
What's the domain?
Good question, but I prefer to keep it in secret
Old 21st May 2012, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
Cloth or clothing ?
Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
it seems to me that you might be cybersquatting
Sometimes it is hard to know, whether domain is trademark or generic. Because many websites use generic domains and idn-analogue of this domain is generic as well. Especially this is hard when you register domains in languages you don't know: Chinese, Hebrew and etc. Squirrel, are you sure that you are not cybersquatter? Or you can speak all languages of your domains?
Old 21st May 2012, 03:51 PM

Quote:
I am not that familiar with French affiliate programs, but in most probability, you'll be hard-pressed to find one that will allow a simple redirect, or offer a white label solution (in the clothing sector).

laredoute.fr looks promising (Program through zanox.com) They seem pretty liberal and they may allow redirects if you approach them.

As a result parking earnings on French domains nose-dived, at least in my personal experience, and have stayed low ever since.

Goof luck with your project.
Yanni, thank you
Old 21st May 2012, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domainer1 View Post
Clothing

Sometimes it is hard to know, whether domain is trademark or generic. Because many websites use generic domains and idn-analogue of this domain is generic as well. Especially this is hard when you register domains in languages you don't know: Chinese, Hebrew and etc. Squirrel, are you sure that you are not cybersquatter? Or you can speak all languages of your domains?
I agree with you
It's just that I did a quick search for your whois record and I saw at least one french IDN that is an obvious TM infrigement.
Old 21st May 2012, 03:58 PM

Ryu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha View Post
The french passed another law recently that anyone driving through France must carry a personal alcohol breathalyzer kit. The weirdness never ends
LOL. Sometimes I can't tell what's said as a joke and what's said for real. This is one of those comments.

Well, I guess you meant it. Am I right?
Old 21st May 2012, 04:02 PM

IdnHost is on a distinguished roadIdnHost is on a distinguished roadIdnHost is on a distinguished roadIdnHost is on a distinguished roadIdnHost is on a distinguished roadIdnHost is on a distinguished road

cybersquatting is purposely trying to park or push off trademarks over to someone else for profit. No one on this forum condones this behavior. Yes, sometimes people are not sure if they hold a TM, but thats why they ask others on here just to make sure. There are odd cases where a member will put up a TM for sale, but as soon as he/she is aware that the term is a TM, the thread is immidiately closed.

The point is, people make mistakes, but this is no secret.
Old 21st May 2012, 04:08 PM

Squirrel, thank you for this warning.May be it's tm as well, but may be it consists of generic words, so it can't be tm.

Last edited by Domainer1; 21st May 2012 at 04:15 PM..