IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | idntools | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Parking and Affiliate Programs > NameDrive

NameDrive For discussion of NameDrive's parking program. NameDrive offers an IDN compatible parking program to monetize your domains via PPC.
Click here for NameDrive Signup

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th May 2006, 08:39 PM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice
Thumbs down NameDrive Revenue Drop

It's just me or the last 3 days revenues from clicks went from .10 and .11 to .02 and .03! WTF?!
Old 24th May 2006, 09:38 PM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: NameDrive Revenue Drop

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose
It's just me or the last 3 days revenues from clicks went from .10 and .11 to .02 and .03! WTF?!

My average dropped from 12 cents last month to 7 cents this mth (my traffic is >60% europe)!! Traffic from some indexed domains dropped 60-80%. :-(

The only consolation is that total revenue maintained with revenue from new domains.

Last edited by touchring; 24th May 2006 at 09:43 PM..
Old 24th May 2006, 10:11 PM

g is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished road

yes the same here

dropped from 0.12-0.20 last month to 0.06 and 0.04 now

But I started with them in april

how long you have been using them?
Old 24th May 2006, 10:22 PM
Veteran

Unhappy Re: NameDrive Revenue Drop

I started in mid-march.

I suspect that the drop is caused by Google downgrading revenue for Arabic, and maybe Russian - my Russian portfolio is too small to be representative though. European PPC fell only marginally.

But surprisingly, CTR increased from previous month, but not enough to offset the fall in PPC. :-(

I'm now depending on other languages to pull up my total PPC.

Last edited by touchring; 24th May 2006 at 10:36 PM..
Old 24th May 2006, 11:22 PM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

Same old low PPC in Russian.
Old 25th May 2006, 01:27 AM

burnsinternet is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine is 20% Russian and the PPC drop is huge across the board - all my categories. Russian gets 90% of my clicks, for what it's worth to the group.
Old 25th May 2006, 05:56 AM
Veteran

So the trend is confirmed. How long have you guys parked your name?

Last edited by touchring; 25th May 2006 at 06:00 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 25th May 2006, 08:59 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

It is only logical that payments for Russian are very low. There are very few Adwords, so the bid price will be very low also.

Until recently the situation in China and even Japan was very similar. Both of these now get Google Adwords in Spades, as does Thai.

There is still very little in Arabic and none in the Indic scripts.

Google seems to be capable of turning market around very quickly when it focuses on them, but it has serious competition with Yandex.
Old 26th May 2006, 11:32 AM
Veteran

Has anyone noticed that the subject column sometimes remove accents after saving? Some English words and French/Spanish differ only by a accent and i thought having the accent will serve ads in the correct language.
Old 26th May 2006, 01:34 PM

Explorer is an unknown quantity at this point

For the last few days I've noticed a lot of clicks are coming from North America. For example, the number of clicks jumped yesterday, but 35% of them were from NA. I thought the bot has been eliminated. Are those legit clicks? Is traffic increasing? We need some clarification.
Old 26th May 2006, 02:19 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer
For the last few days I've noticed a lot of clicks are coming from North America. For example, the number of clicks jumped yesterday, but 35% of them were from NA. I thought the bot has been eliminated. Are those legit clicks? Is traffic increasing? We need some clarification.
Yes, i got about 10% increment in overall views, 50% increment in north american views, but they mostly target only japanese (especially) and arabic.

BTW, are you still maintaining your 9 cents average PPC (updated stats) ? ? Mine has dropped to 6 cents.

Last edited by touchring; 26th May 2006 at 02:25 PM..
Old 26th May 2006, 02:30 PM

Explorer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring
Yes, i got about 10% increment in overall views, 50% increment in north american views, but they mostly target only japanese (especially) and arabic.

BTW, are you still maintaining your 9 cents average PPC (updated stats) ? ? Mine has dropped to 6 cents.
It did drop to 6-7 cents, but I am much more interested in the number of clicks per day, so the new clicks from NA are very confusing, since we can't tell if number of legit clicks is increasing over time, staying flat or going down.
Old 26th May 2006, 02:31 PM
Administrator

thefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to thefabfive

I got about 80% increase in clicks yesterday with around 50% of the excess being NA clicks. Most of the NA clicks were on Russian domains.

From what I've seen it appears the Google and other search engine spiders come around just before the end of the month. A few days after that happens traffic increases somewhat. Last month was similar. Traffic number stayed at the increased level after last month's jump. Hopefully the trend continues.

Last seven days shows $0.073 average PPC compared to $0.104 for the first seven days of May.

Last edited by thefabfive; 26th May 2006 at 02:58 PM..
Old 26th May 2006, 02:41 PM
Veteran

First 7 days of may, i got 9 cents average PPC, i'm now down to 6 cents.

One day's stats is not enough to see the trend, we have to wait at least 1 week and then take the average.

It will be more effective to compare the past 7 days with the 1st week of May. I also checked the 3rd week of April, PPC is 14 cents! So there's a downward trend.

Last edited by touchring; 26th May 2006 at 02:45 PM..
Old 26th May 2006, 05:56 PM

dabsi is a tad dodgydabsi is a tad dodgydabsi is a tad dodgy

No problem with Sedo.

In Germany, people have also shifted their portfolio from Sedo to ND, and are now VERY VERY frustrated......

It's not a Google problem since our direct parking with Google is very stable.

DABSI
Old 26th May 2006, 06:21 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabsi
No problem with Sedo.

In Germany, people have also shifted their portfolio from Sedo to ND, and are now VERY VERY frustrated......

DABSI

Well, maybe Ed has some explanation work to do.
Old 26th May 2006, 06:31 PM
Veteran

Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabsi
No problem with Sedo.

DABSI

Yes, Sedo has looked after the Germans very well. Well, as far as I am concerned that is where they will have to make their living, as the rest of the World has been led up and down the Garden Path by Sedo. To my trade they will have to be paying demonstrably more than all other parking services by a significant margin.
Old 26th May 2006, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring
Has anyone noticed that the subject column sometimes remove accents after saving? Some English words and French/Spanish differ only by a accent and i thought having the accent will serve ads in the correct language.
Yes, unpredictable and annoying.
Old 26th May 2006, 07:06 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsinternet
Yes, unpredictable and annoying.
You think! You should try Sedo, and they still don't support half the languages!
Old 26th May 2006, 07:40 PM

I just moved everything except ASCII and Portuguese to NameDrive this week (I moved my Spanish and French over, that is). I was testing ND with all but English, Spanish, Portuguese, and French. I only got traffic and clicks on my Russian IDNs. Nothing to Thai, Japanese, Chinese, Arabic, or anything else until today (Japanese got traffic) when I moved over my French and Spanish. Anyway, I like ND MUCH better! I am just getting used to it.

Added - My Arabic just got some views in the past few minutes - one each. Either bots or IDNers is my guess.