IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Parking and Affiliate Programs > IDN Domain Name Parking

IDN Domain Name Parking Forum for parking international Domain names & services.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th June 2012, 01:58 AM

monkmonkey is on a distinguished roadmonkmonkey is on a distinguished roadmonkmonkey is on a distinguished roadmonkmonkey is on a distinguished roadmonkmonkey is on a distinguished roadmonkmonkey is on a distinguished road
Namedrive Parking Question

When I preview a domain, not all of them are 100% in their native language. Why is that?
"I love it when a plan comes together"John "Hannibal" Smith
"The only person who could take down J.R was J.R." -John Ross

"Larry Hagman is now God"- Me
Old 9th June 2012, 08:43 AM
Semi-retired

alpha has disabled reputation
Re: Namedrive Parking Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkmonkey View Post
When I preview a domain, not all of them are 100% in their native language. Why is that?
I was involved in the task to co-ordinate translating the ND landing pages, and I can tell you that the only languages that were 100% done were where we could get volunteers to assist.. as i look at my old files we did Arabic, Russian, Bulgarian, Japanese and Greek. I believe we also partially did Korean, Hebrew, Portuguese and Hindi.

The translations kick in based on geo targeting, so a North America visitor will see a different page to a Russian visitor.

In the preview option, if you click customize and then change the ad region, I believe you can then view as if you were located in that region.
Old 9th June 2012, 09:20 AM

IDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to IDNer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha View Post
I was involved in the task to co-ordinate translating the ND landing pages, and I can tell you that the only languages that were 100% done were where we could get volunteers to assist.. as i look at my old files we did Arabic, Russian, Bulgarian, Japanese and Greek. I believe we also partially did Korean, Hebrew, Portuguese and Hindi.

The translations kick in based on geo targeting, so a North America visitor will see a different page to a Russian visitor.

In the preview option, if you click customize and then change the ad region, I believe you can then view as if you were located in that region.

NameDrive never pay attention on Chinese IDNs?!
Old 9th June 2012, 09:22 AM

123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
i think it can be because they can geotarget you which means you get displayed ads for your location not the supposed location of the language.
Old 9th June 2012, 09:23 AM
Semi-retired

alpha has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDNer View Post
NameDrive never pay attention on Chinese IDNs?!
Actually, in going to defend Namedrive.
At the time there were many Chinese idners here, but despite many plea's for help, no one could be bothered to help (unlike the other languages)