View Single Post
Old 5th July 2006, 08:12 AM

drbiohealth is on a distinguished roaddrbiohealth is on a distinguished roaddrbiohealth is on a distinguished roaddrbiohealth is on a distinguished roaddrbiohealth is on a distinguished roaddrbiohealth is on a distinguished road
Re: Extensions, Type-ins, Value

Well, this can only be significant if the masses use it, which appears not the case. Even I became aware of this short-hand technique after reading some post on this forum. If people prefer typing the complete URL in the address bar, the complexity of .extension of IDN will become important in deciding which .extension will ultimately be preferred. Normal logic: river water always follows the path of least resistance. Another secondary factor here is, which .extension would move faster and feed the masses first. Moreover, it needs to be seen how the end-user (industry) laps this opportunity.

I am curious to know if IDN.IDN .ccTLDs exist in chinese/japanese as of now? If they do, then ICANN needs to buck up before people there start getting addicted to IDN .ccTLDs.

I see that if there are no IDN.IDN ccTLDs for languages like Russian, Arabic, Indic for next two years or so, IDN.IDN in .com will have a chance there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by domainguru
I have never understood why "ctrl + enter" functionality is important. Does anyone have any stats for how widely used it is? Because I never use it myself. Why would Internet "newbies" use it when the results are unpredicatable?