IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th June 2012, 09:34 AM

alexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enough
WordPress 3.4.1 - Anyone else having issues with this update ?

Just updated one of my Wordpress sites to - WordPress 3.4.1. However, I am now having a few issues with the admin of the site.

The field where you enter the title of a new post seems to be half the size in height, making whatever you type unreadable.

Also - no matter what I try - I cannot add an image to my posts anymore. Process starts ok - but when I click to use image or save settings, the window just remains blank.

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing any issues since upgrading or if its just me ?

Some of my other WP sites that I have NOT upgraded are all working fine and the above issues are not present.

Thanks

Alex

Old 28th June 2012, 09:46 AM

yanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to yanni Send a message via Skype™ to yanni
Re: WordPress 3.4.1 - Anyone else having issues with this update ?

No problems on my end, Alex. I tried posting pics and such and everything works fine.
Maybe something got corrupted during the update.
Old 28th June 2012, 09:53 AM

alexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enough

Any idea if or how I can degrade, and go back to the previous version, and then try the upgrade again ? ( I don't even know if this is possible, as I haven't been using WP for too long )

Old 28th June 2012, 10:01 AM

Just done the update again - and am having the exact same issues !!

Old 28th June 2012, 10:07 AM

OK - found the cause of it - a plugin I was using was causing these problems. I deactivated the plugin and the admin works fine now !

Old 28th June 2012, 10:11 AM

yanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexd View Post
Any idea if or how I can degrade, and go back to the previous version, and then try the upgrade again ?
Sorry Alex. You got me there. I have no clue.

Maybe a complete uninstall and new installation?

The update you've just mentioned, was it on another site? Could be the theme that is having the issues?

I'm shooting in the dark here: try using another browser. I've been having issues when using IE with some themes for example.
Old 28th June 2012, 10:12 AM

Ah, ok. Good. That would've been my next guess
Old 28th June 2012, 10:30 AM

Thanks for the help - much appreciated !!