IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > IDN Domain Appraisals

IDN Domain Appraisals Appraisals by other members on International domain names.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th July 2012, 12:30 PM

GlobetrotterAP is on a distinguished roadGlobetrotterAP is on a distinguished roadGlobetrotterAP is on a distinguished roadGlobetrotterAP is on a distinguished roadGlobetrotterAP is on a distinguished roadGlobetrotterAP is on a distinguished road
Русские АйДиэНы - Russian IDNs

Check out my debut IDNs!

Your any kind appraisals will be the most useful. I'll appreciate them all, indeed.

Thanx and enjoy

xn--80abmyckheobcp.com / смсбесплатно.com - "!смс бесплатно" — 44,904 exact searches per month = English "free sms"

xn--90aohddansb0a9i.com / смслюбимому.com - "!смс любимому" — 66,171 exact searches per month = English "sms (to) favorite, beloved, loved, pet, dear, darling, admired (male)"

xn--80afqveb2a.com / попугаи.com - "!попугаи" — 11,725 exact searches per month = English "parrots"

xn--80aeeddifglkfshedjglk8sta4f.com / прикольныепоздравления.com - "!прикольные поздравления" — 5,881 exact searches per month = English "cool, funny greetings"

xn--80azza.com / нах.com - "!нах" — 0 exact searches per month

slang: nach = short from Russian "nachui" - sending someone to a pr*ck, a d*ck, a c*ck

Meanings:
1. go away, get out, leave me alone, do not go, f*ck off, a very remote place where they send.
2. why? what for? for what purpose?
3. exclamation expressing negative emotions

Samples:
1. Hey, go nach!
2. Nach such employees!
3. Well, nach.
4. Have a look to the future mother in law and send your bride nach.
5. So nach are you butting into my business?
6. I do not mean all goes nach, but - nach is all this then?
7. So nach is this romance?
8. I have such a headache, nach!
9. How long in our country there will be such things, nach?
10. Write comments to the cultural, nach!

xn--n1abt.com / пох.com - "!пох" — 314 exact searches per month

slang: poch = English "do not care, do no give a sh*t, no matter".

Meanings:
absolute indifference, apathy, disinterest, insouciance, nonchalance, insensibility, torpor, indolence, frigidity

Samples:
1. First of all, you yourself should be poch.
2. Since all trully poch to you, all is poch to me too.
3. And it's poch to me that they are kicking me out of school, I wanted to leave it anyway.

xn--80aaigaphskp9b.com / телемагазин.com - "!телемагазин" — 4,403 exact searches per month = English "as seen on tv, teleshop, tv-shop"

xn--b1acfvtabifhe9i.com / весыгороскоп.com - "!весы гороскоп" — 6,611 exact searches per month = English "libra horoscope"

xn--e1afgecjffjhb1kl.com / смсприкольные.com - "!смс прикольные" — 8,974 exact searches per month = English "cool, funny sms"

xn--b1agalavcbkbf3aedle4o.com / совместимостьимен.com - "!совместимость имен" — 61,427 exact searches per month = English "names compatibility, the compatibility of names"

xn--1-dtbxa.com / 1ккв.com - "!1ккв" — 4 exact searches per month = English "one bedroom apartment"

xn--80aaafbmeqcgfufrcrkfec2cedue4x.com / совместимостьзнаковзодиака.com - "!совместимость знаков зодиака" — 106,993 exact searches per month = Engllish "the compatibility of zodiac signs"

xn--l1ae9cc.com / ёмоё.com - "!ёмоё" — 64 exact searches per month = English "my Yo"

slang: yomoyo, yo-moyo

Meanings
1. absolutely meaningless colloquialism, analogue to English "anyway". Among intellectuals use of this expression is considered bad manners.
2. frustration, grief, upset, pain, chagring, affliction, concern, heartsore.
3. my Yo = my Ё - The Yo-mobil (Russian: ё-мобиль; IPA: [jɵ mɐˈbʲilʲ]) is a planned hybrid electric car that will be produced by Yo-auto, a Russian company that is a joint venture between SKD truck maker Yarovit and the Onexim investment group.

Samples:
1. Hey, Petr, glad to see you, yomoyo!
2. I was walking along the boulevard yomoyo - and met a chick that easy yomoyo!
3. Rain on the street - but I just washed my car yesterday, yomoyo
4. I'm gonna love my Ё, yomoyo!

More Russian IDNs will be coming....
Old 4th July 2012, 01:56 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough
Re: Русские АйДиэНы - Russian IDNs

+1
Congrats, plus got me out of the 'soup' so to speak.

Now park em' at bodis.com (or where you like) and see how they do!

The slang are good and 3 character too! Looking forward to seeing more.
Old 4th July 2012, 02:11 PM

Avtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the rough

Congratulations on your first IDNs.

Not an appraisal, but a question:

What do you think of hyphens in multi-word domain names? In other words, which do you think is better: смсбесплатно.com or смс-бесплатно.com? English-language domainers usually prefer names without hyphens, but I notice that a lot of .рф registrations are with hyphens.

Avtal

P.S. Another question: АйДиэНы or АйДиЭны?
Old 4th July 2012, 02:25 PM
ком.ком コム.コム

555 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avtal View Post
What do you think of hyphens in multi-word domain names? In other words, which do you think is better: смсбесплатно.com or смс-бесплатно.com? English-language domainers usually prefer names without hyphens, but I notice that a lot of .рф registrations are with hyphens.

Avtal
Avtal i hope you found a bit more certainty in the recent progression specifically after the 13th.

I personally prefer the non hyphenated option and from what i saw it appears to be the one that receives more type in traffic then it's hyphenated option.

It is noticeable that hyphens are used more in Russian then in English or Hebrew. From discussing this with native speakers i believe that in some specific cases the hyphen is grammatically necessary and in other cases the hyphen is against grammatical rules.

Congrats GlobetrotterAP for your first step, Don't tell anyone in SearchEngines.ru that you are buying IDN's they will give you negative reputation

Last edited by 555; 4th July 2012 at 02:28 PM..
Old 4th July 2012, 04:42 PM

blackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enough

нах!
Old 4th July 2012, 04:51 PM

Avtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 555 View Post
I personally prefer the non hyphenated option and from what i saw it appears to be the one that receives more type in traffic then it's hyphenated option.

It is noticeable that hyphens are used more in Russian then in English or Hebrew. From discussing this with native speakers i believe that in some specific cases the hyphen is grammatically necessary and in other cases the hyphen is against grammatical rules.
That's my understanding too. But the .рф registrations show a lot of hyphenated names, so I'm interested in the opinions of native speakers who are also IDN domainers.

Quote:
Avtal i hope you found a bit more certainty in the recent progression specifically after the 13th.
(Sorry GlobetrotterAP for hijacking the thread). Unfortunately, the announcements on June 13th did not provide the clarity that I had expected. Verisign did not explain how they would resolve the conflicts between reserved geographic names, trademark rights, and the aliasing rights of IDN.com holders. And in the IDNBlog interview, they said they would not provide further details until after the applications are accepted, which depending on batching could be another 6 to 18 months. So I have to wonder: Why the delay in telling us the path forward?

Avtal
Old 4th July 2012, 05:46 PM

GlobetrotterAP is on a distinguished roadGlobetrotterAP is on a distinguished roadGlobetrotterAP is on a distinguished roadGlobetrotterAP is on a distinguished roadGlobetrotterAP is on a distinguished roadGlobetrotterAP is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhhisc View Post
+1
Congrats, plus got me out of the 'soup' so to speak.

Now park em' at bodis.com (or where you like) and see how they do!

The slang are good and 3 character too! Looking forward to seeing more.
Thank you! Carry on domaining, forget about the "soup".

They all are parked with Sedo. I keep watching for them.
Old 4th July 2012, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Congratulations on your first IDNs.

Not an appraisal, but a question:

Avtal

P.S. Another question: АйДиэНы or АйДиЭны?
Thank you!

Re multi-word names: the number of searches is the same for both - hyphens and no-hyphens. In general it doesn't matter and up to you. I prefer to put hyphens in Russian multi-word names but know they are not used in English. Hyphen divides multi-word long name and makes it meaning clear.

Besides the words that are required by the rules of Russian language to have hyphens, of course. However, with domain names some rules does work. Hence, just choose what you prefer by sight.

АйДиэНы - plural: I=Ай - D=Ди - Ns=эНы.
"N" = "эН" - same pronunciation.
Old 4th July 2012, 06:17 PM

chrisofmel is on a distinguished roadchrisofmel is on a distinguished roadchrisofmel is on a distinguished roadchrisofmel is on a distinguished roadchrisofmel is on a distinguished roadchrisofmel is on a distinguished road

congrats on your first names and welcome to the club. you will find out alot with parking results.
about hyphenated names, I'm am also interested in the opinions of native speakers who are also IDNer's. i do get that sometimes it is grammatically necessary and sometime's it will make the name grammatically wrong. but how would a none native be able to tell this by the tools that we idner's use.
Old 4th July 2012, 06:50 PM

Quote:

Congrats GlobetrotterAP for your first step, Don't tell anyone in SearchEngines.ru that you are buying IDN's they will give you negative reputation
Thanx 555! Well, I am not buying anything since spent all money for registration of transliterate domains and now trying to recover by selling some IDNs.
Old 4th July 2012, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpower View Post
нах!
Пох!
Old 4th July 2012, 07:23 PM

Quote:
That's my understanding too. But the .рф registrations show a lot of hyphenated names, so I'm interested in the opinions of native speakers who are also IDN domainers.

(Sorry GlobetrotterAP for hijacking the thread). Unfortunately, the announcements on June 13th did not provide the clarity that I had expected. Verisign did not explain how they would resolve the conflicts between reserved geographic names, trademark rights, and the aliasing rights of IDN.com holders. And in the IDNBlog interview, they said they would not provide further details until after the applications are accepted, which depending on batching could be another 6 to 18 months. So I have to wonder: Why the delay in telling us the path forward?

Avtal
Yeah, Russians prefer to put hyphens in long names combined of several words to to emphasize each part and its meaning.

Welcome, Avtal, go on. I assume that rules will be set and edited upon gaining some basic experience of resolving the conflicts arisen from such applications. And suits and litigation as well. There has not been anything different with general domains yet. All conflicts are to be solved by the local law. Influenced by some future international agreement.
Old 4th July 2012, 08:03 PM

Jay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisofmel View Post
how would a none native be able to tell this by the tools that we idner's use.
Google it.
Old 4th July 2012, 08:05 PM

Quote:
congrats on your first names and welcome to the club. you will find out alot with parking results.
about hyphenated names, I'm am also interested in the opinions of native speakers who are also IDNer's. i do get that sometimes it is grammatically necessary and sometime's it will make the name grammatically wrong. but how would a none native be able to tell this by the tools that we idner's use.
Thank you chrisofmel.

Simply do not put hyphen inside a word which grammar you aren't sure about. Words made of several words, or the phrases are easy to recognize if you have a translator. In fact, there are not that many Russian words with hyphens, they put them in multi-word names to part them. In domaining hyphens are mostly for nice look and attraction. Or when no-hyphens version is already taken.

What IDN tools do you use?
Old 4th July 2012, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Google it.
Yep. For instance.
Old 4th July 2012, 11:50 PM

bumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
i do get that sometimes it is grammatically necessary and sometime's it will make the name grammatically wrong. but how would a none native be able to tell this by the tools that we idner's use.
Well, Grammar is one thing and the names where the hyphen is part of the term itself are a special case. But I guess most of the time the hyphen is simply used as a word separator for better readability. That's how it is used in Germany and no one really minds (BTW: one of the largest German travel sites: ab-in-den-Urlaub.de).

Anyway it's safe to say that Russians are not as reluctant about the hyphen as Americans. Here is an interisting read on searchengines.ru. Have a look at the poll result:

http://forum.searchengines.ru/showthread.php?t=566690
Old 5th July 2012, 03:41 AM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

I think the most I've sold a hyphened ASCII English phrase for is $10k, so probably not worth regging them in IDN's.
Old 5th July 2012, 04:09 AM

squirrel is a name known to all
squirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbert View Post
I think the most I've sold a hyphened ASCII English phrase for is $10k, so probably not worth regging them in IDN's.
agree. (Unless they're arabic)
Old 5th July 2012, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee man View Post
Well, Grammar is one thing and the names where the hyphen is part of the term itself are a special case. But I guess most of the time the hyphen is simply used as a word separator for better readability. That's how it is used in Germany and no one really minds (BTW: one of the largest German travel sites: ab-in-den-Urlaub.de).

Anyway it's safe to say that Russians are not as reluctant about the hyphen as Americans. Here is an interisting read on searchengines.ru. Have a look at the poll result:

http://forum.searchengines.ru/showthread.php?t=566690
True, forget of the orthodox rules, - hyphen is a simple-tool-for-russian-idn-readability. And German ones as well, I believe.

Half a dozen of hyphens will make it easier at least to read words like this: Donaudampfschiffahrtselektrizitätenhauptbetriebswerkbauunterbeamten­gesellschaft

But they just made it shorter from 79 characters down to 41 only: Donaudampfschiffahrtsgesellschaftskapitän

Google translator unable to translate it, just hangs on. The original version meant:
"Association of junior-level surveyors of the Construction supervising Inspection of the Directorate General for electric services of Danube Shipping Company"
- not bad for a single word, a? Clear and easy to remember. Cool generic too.
Old 5th July 2012, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbert View Post
Please, clarify what is not worth regging in IDN's? English words and phrases translated into Russian and hyphened for easier understanding?