IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Parking and Affiliate Programs > IDN Domain Name Parking

IDN Domain Name Parking Forum for parking international Domain names & services.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th July 2012, 06:46 PM

blackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enough
Re: Names Parked at Bodis being forwarded (Hijacked Parked Page?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
So what happens if you park them again?
this is what i did... i parked them with another parking company (sedo) and after two-three years they were unbanned... not all at once, but after two years i noticed they started to unban one by one

Last edited by blackpower; 16th July 2012 at 06:47 PM..
Old 16th July 2012, 07:04 PM

Jay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpower View Post
this is what i did... i parked them with another parking company (sedo) and after two-three years they were unbanned
I'm a bit confused. Are you saying that you parked them 2-3 years after you developed them, or that they became unbanned 2-3 years after you parked them again? It sounds like you are saying they became unbanned 2-3 years after you parked them again, in which case developing them may not have been the factor.

Were there any names that you didn't develop that also became unbanned 2-3 years later when you parked them with Sedo?

I'm just trying to get to the bottom of this (I don't want to waste time developing if it doesn't help).
Old 16th July 2012, 07:10 PM

blackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I'm a bit confused. Are you saying that you parked them 2-3 years after you developed them, or that they became unbanned 2-3 years after you parked them again? It sounds like you are saying they became unbanned 2-3 years after you parked them again, in which case developing them may not have been the factor.

Were there any names that you didn't develop that also became unbanned 2-3 years later when you parked them with Sedo?

I'm just trying to get to the bottom of this (I don't want to waste time developing if it doesn't help).
sorry if i was not clear enough.
i did develop several domains(well, develop is big word , just put up simple wp sites); those domains unbaned faster; in 6-8 months;
the rest of domains I transferred to park with sedo; after about two years they started to unban by themselves;
So in my experience, developing does work faster; but not necessary in principal to get out of jail;

Last edited by blackpower; 16th July 2012 at 07:11 PM..
Old 16th July 2012, 07:24 PM

Jay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Nah, my mistake, it makes sense now that I read your earlier post.
Old 16th July 2012, 08:29 PM

JamesD is an unknown quantity at this pointJamesD is an unknown quantity at this pointJamesD is an unknown quantity at this pointJamesD is an unknown quantity at this point

If Google are getting a lot of unconverting traffic coming in, they'll look at where it's coming from and if IDNs are in there, they'll be an easy target to ban. I don't expect Goog to understand IDNs.
This is just my guess.

There is a solution on the way - one with nothing to do with Google.
Old 16th July 2012, 09:06 PM

Clotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I guess that just leaves us with it being Google penalising low quality traffic (which explains why they haven't targeted Japanese names).

I know my blocked domains are mostly high traffic, low CPC domains. Is that the same for others?
I have a few hundred Japanese domains that say Google doesn't differentiate by country. They ban Japanese just like the rest (even English).
Old 17th July 2012, 12:58 PM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
i did develop several domains(well, develop is big word , just put up simple wp sites); those domains unbaned faster; in 6-8 months;
the rest of domains I transferred to park with sedo; after about two years they started to unban by themselves;
So in my experience, developing does work faster; but not necessary in principal to get out of jail;
Development can help, but if you develop then put back to parking, the SEO traffic from dev will eventually (possibly quickly) dissipate, and you'll be back to the old "low quality traffic" and the names will get banned again.

As for moving to Sedo and getting unbanned in a couple of years, well frankly, anything could have happened in those two years. The type-in traffic profile could have completely changed, the algorithms Google use completely changed. Two months is a long time in this game. Two years is too long to measure anything.

Be interesting to see from those with substantial number of ASCII names parked if any of those are banned and has the amount of banning increased the same as IDN banning appears to? I have some ASCIIs, but not so many now, none are banned, but I don't have enough to judge. Roughly 3% of my Thais are banned.

I'm not moving them to Sedo to get them unbanned. Rather have them banned than do that
Old 17th July 2012, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domainguru View Post

I'm not moving them to Sedo to get them unbanned. Rather have them banned than do that
It seems we are having a consensus on this one
Old 17th July 2012, 06:39 PM

squirrel is a name known to all
squirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesD View Post
There is a solution on the way - one with nothing to do with Google.
Can you tell us where you are in the development stage. Do you need help ? If I can be of any help you can pm me.
Old 17th July 2012, 07:42 PM

JamesD is an unknown quantity at this pointJamesD is an unknown quantity at this pointJamesD is an unknown quantity at this pointJamesD is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
Can you tell us where you are in the development stage. Do you need help ? If I can be of any help you can pm me.
Hoping to have the bones of a system this week - will keep you informed, and thanks for the offer - I may take you up on it!
Old 18th July 2012, 01:57 PM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
Will this solution eventually be applicable to all IDNs? Or limited by category AND/OR country?
Old 18th July 2012, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domainguru View Post
Will this solution eventually be applicable to all IDNs? Or limited by category AND/OR country?
It will be open to any that get type-in traffic.

After the beta test, we will start off by focusing on topics that traditionally command higher CPC and high advertiser competition but we will be able to take all type-in names.