IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Parking and Affiliate Programs > IDN Domain Name Parking

IDN Domain Name Parking Forum for parking international Domain names & services.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th July 2012, 06:59 PM

TrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished road
Names Parked at Bodis being forwarded (Hijacked Parked Page?)

I noticed that for the past 3 months or so, my parked revenue from Bodis has been going down, so today I randomly checked some of my domains that historically generated higher revenue and found that 8 of my IDNs are being forwarded to 109.206.160.213 which in turn forward me to other random sites. Has anyone else experienced this?

PS: IE forwards me to random sites when entering any of my 8 domains into the URL. Howerver, both Chrome and Firefox warned of "attacked/malware pages"

I looked at a few of my IDNS with this issue and it appears that the revenue from these domains have been around $0 since March. Anyone else experiencing this?

Last edited by TrafficDomainer; 15th July 2012 at 07:00 PM..
Old 15th July 2012, 07:04 PM

Location: Global Headquarters of the Dot Net Skepticism Alliance
idn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished road
Re: Names Parked at Bodis being forwarded (Hijacked Parked Page?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficDomainer View Post
I noticed that for the past 3 months or so, my parked revenue from Bodis has been going down, so today I randomly checked some of my domains that historically generated higher revenue and found that 8 of my IDNs are being forwarded to 109.206.160.213 which in turn forward me to other random sites. Has anyone else experienced this?

PS: IE forwards me to random sites when entering any of my 8 domains into the URL. Howerver, both Chrome and Firefox warned of "attacked/malware pages"

I looked at a few of my IDNS with this issue and it appears that the revenue from these domains have been around $0 since March. Anyone else experiencing this?
My guess is that the domains are blocked and it is secondary source of revenue.
Old 15th July 2012, 07:14 PM

TrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished road

Thanks Mark. This is very strange, these domains are all generic domains. Anywhere on Bodis control panel to check if a domain is blocked?

I have also sent Matt @ Bodis an enquiry about this and will report back once I hear from him.
Old 15th July 2012, 07:43 PM

Fka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enough

Not hijacked, just banned. For verification, use this link. If primary, you're good. If secondary...

https://api.bodis.com/domainclassification?domain=[YOURDOMAINHERE]
Old 15th July 2012, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fka200 View Post
Not hijacked, just banned. For verification, use this link. If primary, you're good. If secondary...

https://api.bodis.com/domainclassification?domain=[YOURDOMAINHERE]
Thanks FKA. Yeah these IDNs verified as secondary through the link you provided. Who are they banned by? Google? So no point moving the domains elsewhere?

Any idea what are the criteria used for banning IDNs? These are all pure generic non-adult domains.

Thanks!
Old 15th July 2012, 09:04 PM

squirrel is a name known to all
squirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to all

I dont want to blame anyone, but could there be that the parking co mishandled your traffic or anything like that ? Because really the parking co is our agent for dealing with G and the secondary networks, and now your domains are done with the G feed -forever as far as I can tell- a pretty big blunder.

Last edited by squirrel; 15th July 2012 at 09:16 PM.. Reason: Fee = Feed
Old 15th July 2012, 09:32 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
I dont want to blame anyone, but could there be that the parking co mishandled your traffic or anything like that ? Because really the parking co is our agent for dealing with G and the secondary networks, and now your domains are done with the G feed -forever as far as I can tell- a pretty big blunder.
I have seen the same thing and wondering too.

I have same issue with about 10 names, i check them at Namedrive where you can find them all on one list. A few of them were $20+ per month earners and a few were fresh regs, so maybe they were previously registered and already blacklisted.

Is there any appeal process with google?? Some are totally generic like Arabic "billiards.com" but this one is on the 'banned' list. Another ascii name Sports2014.com is blacklisted too, can't figure why.

Last edited by bwhhisc; 15th July 2012 at 10:55 PM..
Old 15th July 2012, 09:40 PM

squirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhhisc View Post

Is there any appeal process with google?? .
Yes but it almost never succeeds, also I dont think that you can do it yourself. The parking co has to do it for you, but I dont think they understand IDNs enough to take the lead in that process. The namedrive rep that discussed the blacklisting a few weeks ago didnt even mention it so...
Old 15th July 2012, 09:52 PM

Jay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enough

Quote:
The namedrive rep that discussed the blacklisting a few weeks ago didnt even mention it so...
He took a long list of IDNs to Google, but unfortunately they only unblocked a few (none of mine unfortunately). Apparently Google said the review was a once-off and they won't do it again.

Basically if your name is blocked, you can kiss your parking revenue from it goodbye.

Last edited by Jay; 15th July 2012 at 09:53 PM..
Old 15th July 2012, 09:55 PM

Quote:
I have seen the same thing and wondering too.

I have same issue with about 10 names, i check them at Namedrive were they have them on one list. A few of them were $20+ per month earners and a few were fresh regs, so maybe they were previously registered and already blacklisted.

Is there any appeal process with google?? Some are totally generic like Arabic "billiards.com" but on the 'banned' list. Another ascii name Sports2014.com is blacklisted too, can't figure why.
Yeah, some of the domains that I got banned were relatively higher earners too, $XX per month. Thanks Squirrel for your thought. Yeah I don't want to blame anyone without any evidence either but what are the things the parking co might have done in mishandling the traffic leading the domains to being banned? If they were inappropriately banned, I would hope that the parking co can still talk to Google to remove them from the blacklist.

Last edited by TrafficDomainer; 15th July 2012 at 10:06 PM..
Old 15th July 2012, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
He took a long list of IDNs to Google, but unfortunately they only unblocked a few (none of mine unfortunately). Apparently Google said the review was a once-off and they won't do it again.

Basically if your name is blocked, you can kiss your parking revenue from it goodbye.
I stand corrected. Thanks
Old 15th July 2012, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficDomainer View Post
Yeah, some of the domains that I got banned were relatively higher earners too, $XX per month. Thanks Squirrel for your thought. Yeah I don't want to blame anyone without any evidence either but what are the things the parking co might have done in mishandling the traffic leading the domains to being banned? If they were inappropriately banned, I would hope that the parking co can still talk to Google to unban them.
Well parking cos have to filter the traffic they send to Google. So if Google is unhappy with the traffic, its one of two things A) part or all the traffic was junk -or at least not to Googles liking- in this case the parking co didnt do its job in filtering out the garbage B) the traffic is good and its a false positive at Google's end, in which case If this happens repeatedly, the parking co should be doing something instead of watching their clients perfectly generic domains get blacklisted. Otherwise theyre just admitting to letting theyre clients property get greatly diminished.
Old 15th July 2012, 10:42 PM

Avtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I'm starting to like the idea of mini-sites. At least you have more control over the contents. If I understand correctly, they were something of a fad 6-8 years ago. Why did they fall out of favor?

Avtal
Old 15th July 2012, 10:54 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avtal View Post
I'm starting to like the idea of mini-sites. At least you have more control over the contents. If I understand correctly, they were something of a fad 6-8 years ago. Why did they fall out of favor? Avtal
But wouldn't you have same trouble with google blocking ads to that domain?
Old 15th July 2012, 11:54 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

Quote:
Is there any appeal process with google??
A ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.
Old 16th July 2012, 12:19 AM

Quote:
But wouldn't you have same trouble with google blocking ads to that domain?
I believe google adsense for contents is considered a different product from adsense for parked domains. If so, then even if your domain is blacklisted as a parked domain, it should still display contextual adsense for contents if you were to develop your domain right? If so, what's the most efficient and cost effective way to come up with a 10-page website for each of your domain, Wordpress?

Last edited by TrafficDomainer; 16th July 2012 at 12:21 AM..
Old 16th July 2012, 02:05 AM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avtal View Post
I'm starting to like the idea of mini-sites. At least you have more control over the contents. If I understand correctly, they were something of a fad 6-8 years ago. Why did they fall out of favor?

Avtal
Because (a) the work involved to produce / host / maintain them, (b) the CTR drops to 2-3% instead of the 10% to 20% you get with parked domains, and (c) the increase in traffic (if any) rarely makes up for the drop in CTR, let alone all the work involved.

There's a reason they went "out of fashion".
Old 16th July 2012, 02:09 AM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about

And you've got a cat in hell's chance of getting blocked names unblocked. As for why they are blocked, even the people you talk to at Google don't know because the banning comes from an inner "spam" (for want of a better word) team.

If only there were alternatives ..... oh yeah, sorry there is, sell domains to end users. If you are relying on parking for long-term prosperity, you are in the wrong game. ASCII domainers went through this process a good few years ago. Parking is a stop-gap, especially as it involves dealing with Google exclusively.
Old 16th July 2012, 07:11 AM
Semi-retired

alpha has disabled reputation

Quote:
I have same issue with about 10 names
lucky you.

50% of my Russian, 80% of my Arabic, 30% of my Chinese are blocked. in the "review" that ND did with Google, 5 of mine got unblocked, and ironically 3 of those were Adult terms, so there really is no pattern or logic to this blocking, you are at the mercy of the blindfolded Google monkey

edit: there is definitely some language bias here, less than 0.1% of my Japanese is blocked

Last edited by alpha; 16th July 2012 at 07:11 AM..
Old 16th July 2012, 07:22 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha View Post
lucky you.

50% of my Russian, 80% of my Arabic, 30% of my Chinese are blocked. in the "review" that ND did with Google, 5 of mine got unblocked, and ironically 3 of those were Adult terms, so there really is no pattern or logic to this blocking, you are at the mercy of the blindfolded Google monkey

edit: there is definitely some language bias here, less than 0.1% of my Japanese is blocked
Google cannot get enough Japanese Traffic.

Beats the hell out of me why they need to block. If the traffic is low grade then why not just pay peanuts?

Oh, I forgot they do!