IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > IDN Domain Appraisals

IDN Domain Appraisals Appraisals by other members on International domain names.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 27th July 2012, 02:50 PM
IdnHost's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 807
iTrader: (11)
Rep Power: 559
IdnHost is on a distinguished roadIdnHost is on a distinguished roadIdnHost is on a distinguished roadIdnHost is on a distinguished roadIdnHost is on a distinguished roadIdnHost is on a distinguished road
Re: Русские АйДиэНы - Russian IDNs: onewordname Vs split-by-hyphens-name

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpower View Post
Brazil is a much more promissing country than Russia long term imho;
Russia is too corrupt, aimless and poorly located.
But this is long term... Russia is still rich
just out of curiousity, where are you getting your research/facts from?
and how long term are we talking here? 300-700 years?
Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 27th July 2012, 03:58 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 669
iTrader: (2)
Rep Power: 1369
blackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enough
Re: Русские АйДиэНы - Russian IDNs: onewordname Vs split-by-hyphens-name

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdnHost View Post
just out of curiousity, where are you getting your research/facts from?
and how long term are we talking here? 300-700 years?
5-10-20 YEARS
__________________
serviços.com
imobiliárias
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 27th July 2012, 06:40 PM
GlobetrotterAP's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 109
iTrader: (0)
Rep Power: 412
GlobetrotterAP is on a distinguished roadGlobetrotterAP is on a distinguished roadGlobetrotterAP is on a distinguished roadGlobetrotterAP is on a distinguished roadGlobetrotterAP is on a distinguished roadGlobetrotterAP is on a distinguished road
Re: Русские АйДиэНы - Russian IDNs: onewordname Vs split-by-hyphens-name

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123 View Post
gross domestic product.



I wonder how the russian IDN domain prices will be.

just because you mentioned it: here are the stats for brazil


GDP (PPP)

2011 estimate

Total

$2.294 trillion[5] (7th)

Per capita

$11,769[5] (75th)
Well, I get what the stats show. But I do not think there is a direct connection with Russian IDN futures. Anyway, the absolute majority of endusers are businesses but not common individuals. And they have some higher living level. The most of IDN prices might be not as in Germany or in the States but still there is money to pay for them. The point is to find a right enduser. Meanwhile IDNs are out of interest, 99.99% of people have no idea what IDN is. The certain demand will come in a year - a couple of years. And then we'll see. But great names should be sold for big bucks, just as usually.

I just picked up the topic of difference between Russian and Brazilian domains perspectives and wanted this point to be clarified. I believe all the same with Brazil, besides Portuguese has more common with English/Latin then with Russian/Cyrillic. They will survive, surely.


Thank you for taking part in discussing. Sorry, I didn't realise the post on German Vs Russian welfare was actually yours

Keep going and have a nice weekend!
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 27th July 2012, 07:27 PM
GlobetrotterAP's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 109
iTrader: (0)
Rep Power: 412
GlobetrotterAP is on a distinguished roadGlobetrotterAP is on a distinguished roadGlobetrotterAP is on a distinguished roadGlobetrotterAP is on a distinguished roadGlobetrotterAP is on a distinguished roadGlobetrotterAP is on a distinguished road
Re: Русские АйДиэНы - Russian IDNs: onewordname Vs split-by-hyphens-name

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpower View Post
Brazil is a much more promissing country than Russia long term imho;
Russia is too corrupt, aimless and poorly located.
But this is long term... Russia is still rich
Absolutely, Russia is still rich! And local business will pay for the names they like or their domain brokers advice them to pay for. That's what we actually sitting in front of the monitors and regging IDNs for, isn't it? Patience and they will come.


Russia is too corrupt - true, but it is not this kind of only country in the world.

Russia is too aimless - true, in some meanings due to still existing Soviet empire feelings. Funny but the same feelings used to rule Russian minds though the centuries, before 1917 and since much earlier ancient times.

Russia is too poorly located - true, me personally would prefer sunny beach all year long although sometimes I love snow and ice too. What do you call a poor location, - your home in Moscow? Or the biggest country of the world lying across 10 time zones from East to West and from the Arctic on the North down to subtropical latitudes on the South? Have you travelled a lot in Russia, have seen it all and can compare it's parts? I doubt. What you actually mean poor location? Poor location for what? For IDNing? You are making just great fun out of your statements. Nevertheless they are apparently your opinion and I appreciate it.

Long live to all of us to see the long term future. I will send you a card from Rio, camarada.

Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 27th July 2012, 08:03 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 669
iTrader: (2)
Rep Power: 1369
blackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enough
Re: Русские АйДиэНы - Russian IDNs: onewordname Vs split-by-hyphens-name

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlobetrotterAP View Post
Absolutely, Russia is still rich! And local business will pay for the names they like or their domain brokers advice them to pay for. That's what we actually sitting in front of the monitors and regging IDNs for, isn't it? Patience and they will come.


Russia is too corrupt - true, but it is not this kind of only country in the world.

Russia is too aimless - true, in some meanings due to still existing Soviet empire feelings. Funny but the same feelings used to rule Russian minds though the centuries, before 1917 and since much earlier ancient times.

Russia is too poorly located - true, me personally would prefer sunny beach all year long although sometimes I love snow and ice too. What do you call a poor location, - your home in Moscow? Or the biggest country of the world lying across 10 time zones from East to West and from the Arctic on the North down to subtropical latitudes on the South? Have you travelled a lot in Russia, have seen it all and can compare it's parts? I doubt. What you actually mean poor location? Poor location for what? For IDNing? You are making just great fun out of your statements. Nevertheless they are apparently your opinion and I appreciate it.

Long live to all of us to see the long term future. I will send you a card from Rio, camarada.

i don't want to argue about it.
__________________
serviços.com
imobiliárias

Last edited by blackpower; 27th July 2012 at 08:13 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 27th July 2012, 08:34 PM
GlobetrotterAP's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 109
iTrader: (0)
Rep Power: 412
GlobetrotterAP is on a distinguished roadGlobetrotterAP is on a distinguished roadGlobetrotterAP is on a distinguished roadGlobetrotterAP is on a distinguished roadGlobetrotterAP is on a distinguished roadGlobetrotterAP is on a distinguished road
Re: Русские АйДиэНы - Russian IDNs: onewordname Vs split-by-hyphens-name

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpower View Post
i don't want to argue about it.
About what precisely?


You know, sorry, but its not the way to communicate among the people - first you drop in the topic and make unconfirmed conclusions, then you avoid defending your(?) opinion. Just like you avoid answering the questions re your statements. You find it ok?

Hence, what for you are leaving your comments here? Are you just itching to say anything or simply trolling around for fun?
Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)  
Old 30th July 2012, 02:06 PM
GlobetrotterAP's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 109
iTrader: (0)
Rep Power: 412
GlobetrotterAP is on a distinguished roadGlobetrotterAP is on a distinguished roadGlobetrotterAP is on a distinguished roadGlobetrotterAP is on a distinguished roadGlobetrotterAP is on a distinguished roadGlobetrotterAP is on a distinguished road
Re: Русские АйДиэНы - Russian IDNs: onewordname Vs split-by-hyphens-name

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpower View Post
i don't want to argue about it.
Yours "yes, i think russia has about 5-10 years to start desintegrating." didn't reflect here, but came through into my mail only.

In fact hard to predict, can happen anything.
Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old 20th August 2019, 10:48 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 669
iTrader: (2)
Rep Power: 1369
blackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enough
Re: Русские АйДиэНы - Russian IDNs: onewordname Vs split-by-hyphens-name

I was right about Russian idns, wasn't I? In 2012 at the top of the best times for russian economy I predicted the future. In fact, I always knew and never bought into russians.
__________________
serviços.com
imobiliárias
Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old 27th August 2019, 04:15 AM
techguy's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 255
iTrader: (2)
Rep Power: 865
techguy is on a distinguished roadtechguy is on a distinguished roadtechguy is on a distinguished roadtechguy is on a distinguished roadtechguy is on a distinguished roadtechguy is on a distinguished road
Re: Русские АйДиэНы - Russian IDNs: onewordname Vs split-by-hyphens-name

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpower View Post
I was right about Russian idns, wasn't I? In 2012 at the top of the best times for russian economy I predicted the future. In fact, I always knew and never bought into russians.
I don't think so.

.РФ is doing extremely well. There are more than one million active registrations, and at a very conservative estimate, out of those one million+ registered domains, about 20% of them are fully developed and in use.

Although .com is king, ccTLDs are in the first preference by locals in many countries including Germany, UK, Russia, Japan, etc.

IDNs do have value in .com, as well as in (IDN) ccTLDs, but the general public has very little awareness about these.
__________________
みんな.みんな
Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)  
Old 28th August 2019, 01:05 AM
sbe18's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,339
iTrader: (10)
Rep Power: 1663
sbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enough
Re: Русские АйДиэНы - Russian IDNs: onewordname Vs split-by-hyphens-name

Russian idn's will be fine. those with com's who get the matching KOM's when released in 2100 or so will do great ... lol holding my dozen until then. s/
Reply With Quote
  #31 (permalink)  
Old 28th August 2019, 06:27 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 2
iTrader: (0)
Rep Power: 0
marketing ninetwo is an unknown quantity at this point
Cheap SEO in Lahore, Pakistan

Marketing92 providing the SEO Services In Lahore, Pakistan. Basically SEO can dramatically improve your website’s visibility in the organic (unpaid) search engine results. it is simply about optimsing your website, pages, content and message for your target audience, be it customers, users, employees
.When you join SEO Expert In Lahore, you will notice the difference from day one. Seo Company in Pakistan that Keyword Research is still one of the key foundation blocks of any successful SEO campaign This helps you to maximise your visibility in the search engine results
Reply With Quote
  #32 (permalink)  
Old 28th August 2019, 07:47 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 2
iTrader: (0)
Rep Power: 0
marketing ninetwo is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Русские АйДиэНы - Russian IDNs: onewordname Vs split-by-hyphens-name

Reliable Web Hosting In Lahore, Pakistan
Marketing92 has excellent services of Web Hosting In Lahore, Pakistan. Cheap web hosting that is reliable can be hard to achieved,SEO services in Lahore
but Web Hosting In Pakistan is aims to make it easy. Our platform is based on high-speed SSD Cloud servers
designed and optimised to deliver web content as securely as possible. we offer top class 24/7 support available
via email, Skype, and online chat. Our response times are fast, and we always aim to solve any problem
you may encounter as quickly as possible.We have hundreds of happy and satisfied customers from all over the world,
and we want to add you to that number. For futher details contact us.
http://www.marketing92.com/web-hosting/
Reply With Quote
  #33 (permalink)  
Old 31st August 2019, 08:11 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 669
iTrader: (2)
Rep Power: 1369
blackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enough
Re: Русские АйДиэНы - Russian IDNs: onewordname Vs split-by-hyphens-name

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbe18 View Post
Russian idn's will be fine. those with com's who get the matching KOM's when released in 2100 or so will do great ... lol holding my dozen until then. s/
just read today(google translated):
For Russians in 2021, a law will be enacted banning access to Internet sites located outside of Russia
In Russia, in 2021, a law will be enacted according to which the inhabitants of Russia will not be able to visit foreign sites. The officials of the Ministry of Communications and Mass Media included the corresponding clause in the draft regulation on the national domain name system, which should be created in Russia by 2021. RBC reports with reference to the recall of the Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs (RSPP).

After analyzing the draft orders and other documents of the Ministry of Communications, which is responsible for the practical implementation of the law, the RSPP working group found in it a virtual ban on citizens of the Russian Federation from visiting any sites outside the "national domain zone", which includes .ru, .рф and .su domains.

The document, among other things, states that the use of the national domain name system by subscribers and users of communication services should be mandatory.

In fact, this refers to the compulsory obligation of citizens of the Russian Federation to use sites located in .RU, .РФ and .SU zones, which, firstly, is not provided for by laws, and secondly, is "technologically impossible", the RSPP recall says.

In response to the ban, Russian President Vladimir Putin said that the Internet is an invention of Western intelligence services: "They are sitting there and everyone is listening, seeing and reading what you are saying and accumulating military information."

Recall that Vladimir Putin in November 2017 demanded to develop autonomous Internet control systems that would deprive the network of US “dominance”.

According to the project, all traffic within Russia should go through exchange points approved by Roskomnadzor. For this, mobile operators and Internet providers must install equipment on their networks with which the agency can intervene in traffic flows, as well as block prohibited resources
__________________
serviços.com
imobiliárias
Reply With Quote
  #34 (permalink)  
Old 1st September 2019, 01:40 AM
techguy's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 255
iTrader: (2)
Rep Power: 865
techguy is on a distinguished roadtechguy is on a distinguished roadtechguy is on a distinguished roadtechguy is on a distinguished roadtechguy is on a distinguished roadtechguy is on a distinguished road
Re: Русские АйДиэНы - Russian IDNs: onewordname Vs split-by-hyphens-name

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpower View Post
just read today(google translated):
For Russians in 2021, a law will be enacted banning access to Internet sites located outside of Russia
In Russia, in 2021, a law will be enacted according to which the inhabitants of Russia will not be able to visit foreign sites. The officials of the Ministry of Communications and Mass Media included the corresponding clause in the draft regulation on the national domain name system, which should be created in Russia by 2021. RBC reports with reference to the recall of the Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs (RSPP).

After analyzing the draft orders and other documents of the Ministry of Communications, which is responsible for the practical implementation of the law, the RSPP working group found in it a virtual ban on citizens of the Russian Federation from visiting any sites outside the "national domain zone", which includes .ru, .рф and .su domains.

The document, among other things, states that the use of the national domain name system by subscribers and users of communication services should be mandatory.

In fact, this refers to the compulsory obligation of citizens of the Russian Federation to use sites located in .RU, .РФ and .SU zones, which, firstly, is not provided for by laws, and secondly, is "technologically impossible", the RSPP recall says.

In response to the ban, Russian President Vladimir Putin said that the Internet is an invention of Western intelligence services: "They are sitting there and everyone is listening, seeing and reading what you are saying and accumulating military information."

Recall that Vladimir Putin in November 2017 demanded to develop autonomous Internet control systems that would deprive the network of US “dominance”.

According to the project, all traffic within Russia should go through exchange points approved by Roskomnadzor. For this, mobile operators and Internet providers must install equipment on their networks with which the agency can intervene in traffic flows, as well as block prohibited resources
Interesting read. China had implemented this a long ago, but people of PRC have always bypassed the internet ban using various VPN and tunneling services located outside of their country. The same scenario will happen with Russia too. Even if the government succeeds in banning the Internet, it will only affect their nation's growth in a negative way on several aspects.
__________________
みんな.みんな
Reply With Quote
  #35 (permalink)  
Old 1st September 2019, 07:53 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 669
iTrader: (2)
Rep Power: 1369
blackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enough
Re: Русские АйДиэНы - Russian IDNs: onewordname Vs split-by-hyphens-name

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguy View Post
Interesting read. China had implemented this a long ago, but people of PRC have always bypassed the internet ban using various VPN and tunneling services located outside of their country. The same scenario will happen with Russia too. Even if the government succeeds in banning the Internet, it will only affect their nation's growth in a negative way on several aspects.
Russian authorities are trying to ban vpn services for a couple of years now.
__________________
serviços.com
imobiliárias
Reply With Quote
  #36 (permalink)  
Old 1st September 2019, 01:08 PM
techguy's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 255
iTrader: (2)
Rep Power: 865
techguy is on a distinguished roadtechguy is on a distinguished roadtechguy is on a distinguished roadtechguy is on a distinguished roadtechguy is on a distinguished roadtechguy is on a distinguished road
Re: Русские АйДиэНы - Russian IDNs: onewordname Vs split-by-hyphens-name

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpower View Post
Russian authorities are trying to ban vpn services for a couple of years now.
Instead, the amendment looks to strong-arm VPN services into complying with Russia’s censorship regime - that is, block any websites blacklisted by the country’s communications watchdog, Roskomnadzor.

It appears both the Federal Security Service (FSB) and ISPs will be tasked with identifying and cracking down on VPNs, but as we’ve seen in other high-censorship countries, enforcement is a game of cat-and-mouse wherein censors lack the means to eliminate VPN traffic completely. Doing so would require them to take impractical measures with far-worse consequences, such as completely shutting down connectivity to the global internet.
__________________
みんな.みんな
Reply With Quote
  #37 (permalink)  
Old 1st September 2019, 02:41 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 669
iTrader: (2)
Rep Power: 1369
blackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enough
Re: Русские АйДиэНы - Russian IDNs: onewordname Vs split-by-hyphens-name

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguy View Post
Instead, the amendment looks to strong-arm VPN services into complying with Russia’s censorship regime - that is, block any websites blacklisted by the country’s communications watchdog, Roskomnadzor.

It appears both the Federal Security Service (FSB) and ISPs will be tasked with identifying and cracking down on VPNs, but as we’ve seen in other high-censorship countries, enforcement is a game of cat-and-mouse wherein censors lack the means to eliminate VPN traffic completely. Doing so would require them to take impractical measures with far-worse consequences, such as completely shutting down connectivity to the global internet.
I agree with the technical side of your take on it; but there is also a political one...
This is why in 2012 I gave 5-10 years to Russian Federation until it goes through big political changes, economic downfall and possible split.
We'll see... Every big change is also an opportunity!
__________________
serviços.com
imobiliárias
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 05:13 AM.

Site Sponsors
Your ad here
buy t-shirt
מחיר הזהב

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0
Copyright idnforums.com 2005

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54