IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > IDN Domain Appraisals

IDN Domain Appraisals Appraisals by other members on International domain names.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st August 2012, 11:48 AM

Sunbrunch is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Accuracy of idn.bz estimated value for single character idn

Dear Honorable Members,

The website idn.bz indicates that their estimated value is not accurate for single character idn: to your knowledge, this tool over or under-estimate the single character idn?

Thanks in advance
Best regards
Sunbrunch
Old 1st August 2012, 12:09 PM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about
Re: Accuracy of idn.bz estimated value for single character idn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbrunch View Post
Dear Honorable Members,

The website idn.bz indicates that their estimated value is not accurate for single character idn: to your knowledge, this tool over or under-estimate the single character idn?

Thanks in advance
Best regards
Sunbrunch
Who the heck knows.
Old 1st August 2012, 01:07 PM

123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road

i think you vastly overestimate this tool.
Old 1st August 2012, 01:44 PM

Wot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enough

It's just an automated tool much like all the free and paid for "appraisal" tools.

A sale price comes from a motivated buyer meeting a willing seller and reaching a mutually agreeable conclusion.
Old 1st August 2012, 01:53 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123 View Post
i think you vastly overestimate this tool.
Not if you believe in Facebook.
Old 1st August 2012, 02:48 PM

bumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura about

Accuracy?
Old 1st August 2012, 03:03 PM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about

I'll try a serious answer ... honestly .... no really.

Appraisal tools should be based on comparables ... this applies to real estate, art, domains, whatever is being bought / sold.

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/c/...#axzz22J5Ft300

Idn.bz is not based on comparables. So its hard to describe it as "more than a bit of fun". That is in no way dissing Jose's programming efforts, but whether it is worth the effort ....

Comparables for 1-letter domains, ASCII or IDNs, is difficult to the rather limited number of public sales to "end users". You'd be lucky to find one to be honest.

Whatever happened to that ICANN 1-letter ASCII .com auction they announced a few years ago? Oh sorry, its ICANN.

Would stop, but friends to chat to on fb later IDNers ......
Old 1st August 2012, 04:42 PM

Smile Re: Accuracy of idn.bz estimated value for single character idn

Thank you for your answers very sensible and very honest!

To be honest also, I think this tool greatly overvalued single character idn because my list of chinese idn (mainly single character) posted in the "domain fore sale" forum is evaluated by idn.bz approximately 50,000 USD... If any, I stop my work and I devote myself entirely to the business of idn ..

In order to imagine an appraisal based on comparables, do you have an idea of ​minimum, maximum and average sales prices for a single character chinese idn .com?

Thanks in advance
Best regards
Sunbrunch
Old 1st August 2012, 05:50 PM

Arrow Re: Accuracy of idn.bz estimated value for single character idn

Sorry I am new on this forum, I just discover the "Idn sales report" forum.. It appears very difficult to get an idea of idn value...

The appraisal tool idn.bz has the merit to exist (for free!), for the rest it is effectively (and fortunately) a mater between a seller and a buyer..

I think it is the many types of interests of buyers, and the associated business model (if any) that skew the appraisal (buy and resell business, site for advertising, ecommerce, defense of a trademark or a geographical name..).

I do not see how improving the appraisal tools on this point.
Old 1st August 2012, 10:54 PM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

Chinese single characters aren't really the same big of a deal as single characters in languages which use single characters for abbreviations.
Old 1st August 2012, 11:06 PM
Semi-retired

alpha has disabled reputation

Quote:
Sorry I am new on this forum, I just discover the "Idn sales report" forum.. It appears very difficult to get an idea of idn value...

The appraisal tool idn.bz has the merit to exist (for free!), for the rest it is effectively (and fortunately) a mater between a seller and a buyer..

I think it is the many types of interests of buyers, and the associated business model (if any) that skew the appraisal (buy and resell business, site for advertising, ecommerce, defense of a trademark or a geographical name..).

also look here: http://idntools.com/idnsales.php
Old 2nd August 2012, 04:42 AM

Quote:

With those last two paras you have answered your own original question.