IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | idntools | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Sales Report

IDN Sales Report Post sales of IDN domains

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st August 2012, 06:27 PM

Sunbrunch is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Living from IDN sales

Dear Honorable Members,

Can you tell me if some of you arrives to live from the sales of idn? (that is not my objective but I am curious)

Thanks in advance,
Best regards
Sunbrunch
Old 1st August 2012, 07:08 PM

Location: Global Headquarters of the Dot Net Skepticism Alliance
idn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished road
Re: Living from IDN sales

Ask Wot
Old 1st August 2012, 07:33 PM

Ryu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished road

Some old timers may have been able to live off from idn parking revenues if they so wished.

There should also be those who are making enough to live well from the idn development. Most if not all of them are probably not on this forum tho.
Old 1st August 2012, 11:02 PM

Wot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by idn View Post
Ask Wot

Made a fairly good living from ASCII and they continue to make money for me.

But for me IDN may be taking too long to come to the mainstream.

I expect there are a very few that may be making a living from IDN but as yet I doubt if there are many making a profit from sales/parking/development.
Old 2nd August 2012, 12:39 AM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

Idn? No.

Not yet, anyway.
Old 2nd August 2012, 04:40 AM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about

I could live off IDN sales ... in a ditch somewhere.
Old 2nd August 2012, 09:51 AM

Juicebox is an unknown quantity at this point

idn sales should be step one...... maybe use the small profits you make with idn sales and invest it somewhere else to make bigger profits......?
Old 2nd August 2012, 10:09 AM

Wot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicebox View Post
idn sales should be step one...... maybe use the small profits you make with idn sales and invest it somewhere else to make bigger profits......?
ASCII
Old 2nd August 2012, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domainguru View Post
I could live off IDN sales ... in a ditch somewhere.

You are not sharing my ditch!
Old 2nd August 2012, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wot View Post
ASCII
Old 2nd August 2012, 03:11 PM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Or perhaps not sell at all yet ....

Works for me in my ditch, currently negotiating ownership of with Wot. He's so mean.
Old 4th August 2012, 03:50 AM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbrunch View Post
Dear Honorable Members,

Can you tell me if some of you arrives to live from the sales of idn? (that is not my objective but I am curious)

Thanks in advance,
Best regards
Sunbrunch
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! funny did you just find out about idn?
Old 4th August 2012, 10:47 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
An investor is somebody who buys and waits for growth.

You are not an investor, you are simply a would-be flipper.

Flippers generally miss out on the big time, because they sell one off opportunities, which are really speculations, before they come to fruition.

Of course they can make a quick buck, but only to the extent that they are more knowledgeable than the Market. Of course from the dumb questions, we can tell that is not you, but I guess if you have an inquisitive mind, then you will eventually become a Savant.
Old 4th August 2012, 07:03 PM

JamesD is an unknown quantity at this pointJamesD is an unknown quantity at this pointJamesD is an unknown quantity at this pointJamesD is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by domainguru View Post
Or perhaps not sell at all yet ....

Works for me in my ditch, currently negotiating ownership of with Wot. He's so mean.
DITCH? DITCH is it?? You're bloody lucky mate, I can only dream of a ditch...I live in a cardboard box in't middle o road...get up three hours before I go to bed; eat handful of cold poison for breakfast before lickin' road clean wi'me tongue, before going to work at mill...AND have to pay mill owner for priviledge...you lot with your ditches and IDNs - don't know your born!
Old 5th August 2012, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesD View Post
DITCH? DITCH is it?? You're bloody lucky mate, I can only dream of a ditch...I live in a cardboard box in't middle o road...get up three hours before I go to bed; eat handful of cold poison for breakfast before lickin' road clean wi'me tongue, before going to work at mill...AND have to pay mill owner for priviledge...you lot with your ditches and IDNs - don't know your born!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1a1wHxTyo
Old 5th August 2012, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck View Post
An investor is somebody who buys and waits for growth.

You are not an investor, you are simply a would-be flipper.

Flippers generally miss out on the big time, because they sell one off opportunities, which are really speculations, before they come to fruition.

Of course they can make a quick buck, but only to the extent that they are more knowledgeable than the Market. Of course from the dumb questions, we can tell that is not you, but I guess if you have an inquisitive mind, then you will eventually become a Savant.
Dude, i'm not selling my entire portfolio..... just indian and german idns; since i think the market is right for them....
if an investor shouldn't sell an asset when the market is right, when should he sell....? when the market is long dead......?

i may be knowledgeable, dumb or a savant..... i don't see how that concerns you.....

Sunbrunch wanted to know if selling idns was a good bet..... he was hoping to hear from the sites's senior members...... if you don't want to help him, fine stay out.... instead, you decide to use his thread to insult me.....?

and i'm not saying i am, but if i am a flipper, what's wrong with that.... what's wrong with looking for a quick buck and not a long term investment.....?

Thou shalt not judge lest be judged thyself......
Old 5th August 2012, 04:41 AM

mulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Dude, i'm not selling my entire portfolio..... just indian and german idns; since i think the market is right for them....
if an investor shouldn't sell an asset when the market is right...
Are you saying the market is right for selling Indian and German domains right now?

Quote:
and i'm not saying i am, but if i am a flipper, what's wrong with that.... what's wrong with looking for a quick buck and not a long term investment.....?
I would say you're in totally the wrong business if you're looking for 'a quick buck'

Last edited by mulligan; 5th August 2012 at 04:45 AM..
Old 5th August 2012, 04:52 AM

indian domain names to IDNforums members who are interested ( who are looking for a good quality idn for the long haul)..... and german domains seem to be doing well at sedo.... whether one likes sedo or not, they seem to be the benchmark for determining what's hot right now.....
that's my belief sir.....
market doesn't seem to be right for latin and french domains..... i believe they will pick up in a few years; so i'm holding on to them.....

Last edited by Juicebox; 5th August 2012 at 04:55 AM..
Old 5th August 2012, 05:50 AM

mulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
indian domain names to IDNforums members who are interested ( who are looking for a good quality idn for the long haul).....
But I haven't seen you attempt to sell any domains nevermind Indian ones.
I still don't understand why you think the market is right for them.

Quote:
...and german domains seem to be doing well at sedo.... whether one likes sedo or not, they seem to be the benchmark for determining what's hot right now.....
Yes, but generally with the .de extension and unless you live in or have an administrative contact in Germany then that market is closed to you.

Quote:
...latin and french domains.....
French = Latin
Old 5th August 2012, 06:09 AM

I'd love to see the annual "returns" for an IDNF flipper. All that work to identify domains, go for them, sometimes get them, sometimes not, and then stick them up at IDNF .....

which one time in a million turns into "big bucks" - often turns into no bids. Most common outcome is a meagre sale. Many names get dropped the next year.

Maybe it does beat flipping burgers, you get to stay at home, sit in front of computer all day.

But I can't imagine its a way to make a real living of any kind ....

Each to their own of course, I respect that fully. If flipping is for you, flip away. Personally it woud kill me to identify a good domain, manage to grab it, then sell it for $15.

But good luck to ya if its your bag.