IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > IDN Domain Appraisals

IDN Domain Appraisals Appraisals by other members on International domain names.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd August 2012, 12:10 PM

Wot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enough
Are these really that bad?-RussianIDN.com etc

I have indirectly been told these names are not worth around an average of $35 each, is that correct?

RussianIDN.com

облачныевычисления.com Cloud Computing
xn--80abelbrbseqfc0c1ed5dc3f.com

облачные-вычисления.com Cloud Computing
xn—-7sbcgncubufrgc4c2ee8dd7f.com

2018россия.com 2018 Russia
xn--2018-e5d9anja5l.com

рф2018.com RF 2018
xn--2018-f6dy.com

гранприсочи.com Sochi Grand Prix
xn--80afqaxhffdl1e.com

бейсболка.com (xn--80abapuhgxz.com) Baseball Cap

минивэны.com (xn--b1alaogc2ho.com) Minivans

последние-новости.com (xn—-dtbedbrdruddibc5alr.com) Breaking News

бюстгальтеры.com xn--80abgj3a5acid6ghs.com Bras

электронная-книга.com (xn—-7sbblhulcewadh1a3a6osb.com) E-Book

электроннаякнига.com (xn--80aaigqkbeuachz1a5nrb.com) E-book

Микроблогинг.com (xn--90aearcjiepfcu.com) Microblogging

гостиницыроссии.com Hotels in Russia
xn--c1akaaa1afdrgfag3d1d.com

вирусныймаркетинг.com Viral Marketing
xn--80adehncejqig2aejwh2l.com

городсочи.com Sochi City
xn--c1acmwablk9c.com

город-сочи.com Sochi City
xn—-etbdr1aacmm5d.com

оливковое-масло.com Olive Oil
xn—-8sbeapppfhioebf7b.com

оливковоемасло.com Olive Oil
xn--80adammneghnebe4b.com

мояроссия.com My Russia
xn--h1ahgajha2if.com

биометрия.com Biometrics
xn--90aiibslqp3j.com

солнечнаяэнергетика.com Solar Energy
xn--80aaigbbvqcubbh9ag1a1fufqb.com

солнечная-энергетика.com Solar Energy
xn—-7sbblhcbyscwbch2bg3a5f1fqb.com

паттайя.com Pattaya
xn--80aa1avqa7g.com

фрилансер.com Freelancer
xn--80akhmlofgv.com

сенсорныйэкран.com Touch Screen
xn--80ajmenaddsddc7k3a.com

сенсорный-экран.com Touch Screen
xn—-8sbnqgpaeduedc7l6a.com

планшетный-пк.com Tablet PC
(xn—-7sbpqgbpbnh3a4ezb.com)

планшетныйкомпьютер.com Tablet Computer
xn--80akapfclebmdjoug1g9bxa2b.com

планшетный-компьютер.com Tablet Computer
xn—-7sbpbshcnebodkpvh6grcza4b.com

перевозкагрузов.com Freight Shipping
xn--80adbdhapcy2bfcoh9b.com

перевозка-грузов.com Freight Shipping
xn—-7sbfceiard0a6bgcpi2c.com
Old 3rd August 2012, 12:15 PM
The Bearer of Bad News

Grim Reaper has disabled reputation
Re: Are these really that bad?-RussianIDN.com etc

I was still typing a reply to your private message, but it seems you want to have this discussion in public now. fine with me.

here is my reply to your PM complaining about me closing down your thread.

Quote:
you're entitled to be pissed off, that's your perogative.
but there have been multiple complaints about how the sales sections are polluted with bumps.

i know you aren't just bumping, you are also reducing the price... but come on, a 5% reduction 7 hours after the last price reduction, and this being the god knows how many so far reductions.

i don't, and no one else wants to see this go on for days and weeks.

like i said, maybe there's another problem. yes it could be domain quality, but it equally could be a wrong method of selling, maybe auction is a better format.. i dunno... what I do know, is, it isn't working like this, and it is annoying to other members.

I also have a question for you.

Do you think that someone has looked at that sales thread and thought "hmm the domain quality vs price just isn't right for me at $1550".

then the next day seen your 3% reduction and thought "wow thats right for me now"

of course not.

I'm not telling you how to sell, I'm just trying to avoid multiple bumps that are unlikely to have any impact that only end up pissing other people off

Last edited by Grim Reaper; 3rd August 2012 at 12:16 PM..
Old 3rd August 2012, 12:26 PM

Wot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enough

But you are telling me how to sell!

And perhaps the courteous approach would be to pm before taking the action you did would have been better?

I fail to see why dropping the prices quickly slowly or otherwise is a factor,they are dropping I am not bumping in the way that bumping is viewed.

If this form of selling is annoying to other members perhaps they shouldn't look if they may get offended.

Anyway if anybody wants them they can have the lot for $750.

Last edited by Wot; 3rd August 2012 at 12:30 PM..
Old 3rd August 2012, 12:37 PM
The Bearer of Bad News

Grim Reaper has disabled reputation

as a team, we have discussed and want to avoid implementing a no "excessive bumping rule", as sometimes it is appropriate to bump. But we all know what annoying looks like, and price reduction or no-reduction, replying to your own thread is bumping and doing it every 7 hours is annoying.

I am asking you to be considerate to other members. I'm sure you don't want to be responsible for having the team here implement a black and white no bumping rule.

and besides, this isn't a debate, this is how it is, this is my last reply on this topic.
Old 3rd August 2012, 12:48 PM

So basically my thread has been closed for being annoying and dropping my prices too quickly!

Amazing!
Old 3rd August 2012, 12:58 PM
Semi-retired

alpha has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wot View Post
So basically my thread has been closed for being annoying and dropping my prices too quickly!

Amazing!
you know what wot?

this is an appraisal thread now, so here's my feedback seeing as you are soliciting it now.

yes IMO they are crap. in fact most of what you try and sell here is crap. in fact the numbers speak for themselves don't they, or have you sold many privately.

what gets me, is that you act as if someone is calling your first born child ugly. thing is, I'm a buyer, and I think they are crap, and just because I think that, doesn't give you the right to bitch and moan about the process... it still makes them crap.

instead of moaning about the process, or the forum, or the other members who get annoyed with bumping - why not put that effort into getting and selling better names.

You think this is harsh? it's an appraisal thread and you asked for it.
Old 3rd August 2012, 01:11 PM

I have no problem with being told my names are crap and I fully expected you to be the next poster,all very predictable.

And why can't I bitch and moan about the process,is there a rule about that as well as the no annoying the residents rule?

Am I wrong in saying my thread was closed because it was annoying and the prices were dropping too quickly.

The rest of crap names will be up for auction or sale in the next few weeks until they are all gone after which you will be pleased to know so will I.
Old 3rd August 2012, 01:19 PM
Semi-retired

Quote:
predictable
I can see we have something to agree on.

Quote:
Am I wrong in saying my thread was closed because it was annoying and the prices were dropping too quickly.
fact: It was closed because you bumped it 17 times
fact: excessive bumping pisses off buyers here

the only debate to be had is if 17 replies to your own thread is deemed excessive. I'll let other members comment on that

why didn't a mod reach out to you by PM first instead of just closing? I've first hand experience of that - you don't respond well to that, and you predictably only then start a public thread to bitch and moan.

any further questions? no, great. I feel better for that.

Quote:
..gone after which you will be pleased to know so will I.
That's up to you of course, just PM a mod and they'll close your account. I'd be happier if you stayed around, I'm sorry if you have trouble hearing harsh criticism of your domains - I was hoping to save you some money. Maybe I should just have said they are great premium names, and we'd all be happy still right. Maybe we should also have a rule that only positive comments are allowed in the appraisal threads.

Last edited by alpha; 3rd August 2012 at 01:24 PM..
Old 3rd August 2012, 01:34 PM

I guess you have trouble reading as at no point have I taken offense at having my names called crap,where have I done that?

How many threads have I made bitching and moaning about a pm from a mod,would it be just the one with you and this one or -----.

I guess "bitching and moaning" is disagreeing?
Old 3rd August 2012, 01:46 PM
Semi-retired

Quote:
I guess you have trouble reading as at no point have I taken offense at having my names called crap,where have I done that?
Over the last couple of years, you and I have had a few conversations about actions on the forum that has required a mod. I have always had the distinct impression that actually behind a lot of that frustration is that you have a concern about the quality of your names, backed up only further by a lack of sales. I might even go as far as to say you have a chip on your shoulder about it.

my point? my point is I think your reaction is largely due to that reason.

Now you could say, well you're only guessing.. well, I've also witnessed you bump your sales threads with sarcasm, reducing sometimes by only $1... the message is loud and clear, you are frustrated about lack of sales.

My message is also loud and clear, that's your issue, not mine or anyone elses here.

Quote:
I guess "bitching and moaning" is disagreeing?
bitching and moaning is complaining about the rules & process, when actually it's all a smoke screen, and really your issue is something totally unrelated, like poor sales on poor quality domains.

btw, anytime you want to take this conversation to PM, I'm happy yo do that.
and actually, before you reply, just pause. I didn't have to write any of the above, I could have just ignored it, or given it a canned rebuttal; but actually I thought it important to say this - you may not like it, but it is what it is, but it's also just my opinion, so take it with a pinch of salt.
Old 3rd August 2012, 02:00 PM

You continue down the line that I have a problem with my names and other peoples opinions of them and cannot take criticism,again I ask where have I indicated that or is it simply your opinion?

If my names are crap they won't sell,simple as that on the other hand I have sold about 40 IDN this year so I guess they were not all crap or perhaps the buyers did not know what they were getting.

We agree to differ on just about everything and as I said previously I will be gone in my own time once I have reduced my crap portfolio to just a few that I will keep for old times sake.
Old 3rd August 2012, 03:05 PM

bumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura about

why don't you consider selling them individually? I'm buying but I'm not that interested in bulk deals. And neither are most of the other members I guess.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 3rd August 2012, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee man View Post
why don't you consider selling them individually? I'm buying but I'm not that interested in bulk deals. And neither are most of the other members I guess.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks but who wants to buy crap?
Old 3rd August 2012, 03:20 PM

squirrel is a name known to all
squirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to all

Quote:
You continue down the line that I have a problem with my names and other peoples opinions of them and cannot take criticism,again I ask where have I indicated that or is it simply your opinion?
Yeah it's his opinion. It's subjective. But's it's the internet, everybody has to have an opinion otherwise it's back to reading the newspaper and watching television.
Quote:
If my names are crap they won't sell,simple as that on the other hand I have sold about 40 IDN this year so I guess they were not all crap or perhaps the buyers did not know what they were getting.
You sold 40 more than me, if that can make you feel better

Quote:
We agree to differ on just about everything and as I said previously I will be gone in my own time once I have reduced my crap portfolio to just a few that I will keep for old times sake.
I'm sure that by "gone" you mean take a long pause from this forum. Its a good thing. I recommend everyone do it every once in a while.

This is my take on your situation:

1) There has to be a better way of doing dutch auction than bumping a sales thread every few hours. We should determine collectively what would be an acceptable way of doing ductch auctions. Yes bumping more than once per 2-3 days for me is annoying if there are a lot of simultaneous sales thread, it pollutes the feed.

2) I like to think that I am a buyer here , but the reality is that I am neck deep in renewals. I can't spend 1500$ or even 700$ for your names knowing that I have domains I feel are as a valuable that I need to renew. I think a lot of people are in a similar position. Since I started XI, I've watched names like yours drop and remain unclaimed. I did a test where I let a creditcard.net domain drop and nobody picked it up at dynadot auction nor at the "real" drop. I feel .net are a bit like hyphenated dot coms, therefore I would think that if you let go your domains, some of them would not be picked up in the short term. All this to say I don'T think there is much money in the non-premium IDN market. Buyers with money go after the top domains in the major script, they don't buy 50$ domains in bulk unless there is traffic.

3) I know your domains don't get traffic. We all have/had similar names to those you are selling and we know the traffic isnt there. So the only short term profit (I said profit, not value) I could extract from those names would be to actively sell them. I don't have the desire to do that.

It's still a waiting game.

Last edited by squirrel; 3rd August 2012 at 03:22 PM.. Reason: changed IDN market to non-premium IDN market
Old 3rd August 2012, 03:41 PM

Squirell,I don't need to feel better,I feel fine.

I have been reducing my domain portfolio by over 70% both ASCII and IDN but a MUCH larger proportion of IDN.The sales were just part of that deliberate reduction and will continue until the level I want is reached,either by sales or drops.

I appreciate I am not alone in doing that.

Sorry to hear that you have names that may be as valuable as mine. (-:
Old 3rd August 2012, 03:43 PM

squirrel is a name known to all
squirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to all

Quote:
Sorry to hear that you have names that may be as valuable as mine. (-:
Old 3rd August 2012, 04:17 PM

Location: Global Headquarters of the Dot Net Skepticism Alliance
idn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished road

Quote:

The thing is that everyone can sense your frustration in almost every post. You are very disappointed in idns and you show it. It drives you mad that there are no takers at such "low" price levels and your constant bumps (sometimes with a marginal reduction) to me showcase these feelings.

This portfolio of Russian names has been listed 4 or 5 times within the last 2 or so months and the bumps to me on this last thread definitely have been excessive. To be honest if you were a newbie and didn't have such a track record and history in the industry I am betting your sales thread would have received negative comments from many members. I can say I bit my tongue only because of who you are.

That said, you didn't break any rules. Perhaps the rules regarding the number of sales threads and bumps will finally change.

Personally, I just don't think you have the patience for IDNs anymore. You have had success in ascii and seems to me like you are refocusing your efforts there. Whatever you decide I wish you the best of luck.
Old 3rd August 2012, 10:49 PM

bumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Thanks but who wants to buy crap?
I wouldn't call it crap really. But the market is tough for obvious reasons:

- we all have portfolios with some sort of quality
- there's plenty of good stuff available / dropping
- for resellers there's no reason to prefer any particular name over another one of similar quality
- there's no need to buy entire portfolios when you have a good one already

This should be well known by now. And what can you do about it? Whining doesn't help so deal with it. Either you sell here and accept what you get or you need to look for other ways of selling (end users).

I can really understand your frustration. I have offered a few good names myself which didn't even get a starting bid at regfee. But the constant whining really gets annoying.
Old 4th August 2012, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idn View Post
The thing is that everyone can sense your frustration in almost every post. You are very disappointed in idns and you show it. It drives you mad that there are no takers at such "low" price levels and your constant bumps (sometimes with a marginal reduction) to me showcase these feelings.

This portfolio of Russian names has been listed 4 or 5 times within the last 2 or so months and the bumps to me on this last thread definitely have been excessive. To be honest if you were a newbie and didn't have such a track record and history in the industry I am betting your sales thread would have received negative comments from many members. I can say I bit my tongue only because of who you are.

That said, you didn't break any rules. Perhaps the rules regarding the number of sales threads and bumps will finally change.

Personally, I just don't think you have the patience for IDNs anymore. You have had success in ascii and seems to me like you are refocusing your efforts there. Whatever you decide I wish you the best of luck.
As I said, there will have to be at least 2 new rules:

1) Sales threads must not be annoying to other residents of the forum.

2) Sales prices must not be dropped too quickly

I do get your point and there is no reason to bite your tongue or anybody else for that matter,If somebody has something to say then say it-I do (-:.
Chances are some people will come down on you like a pile of bricks but it's quite painless and at least they feel better for it.

And yes,I am focusing on ASCII ,always have been,it's where I have made a few dollars on a regular basis.That has not happened with IDN and is unlikely to do so for quite some time and at my age it is not practical hence the offloading.

Fir the record I have spent over $20,000 on IDN on this forum,not too many can say that so I have definitely paid my dues.They are part of the few that I will retain.

Anyway, $35 for any of the names.
Old 4th August 2012, 01:54 AM

Location: Global Headquarters of the Dot Net Skepticism Alliance
idn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Anyway, $35 for any of the names.
паттайя.com Pattaya Sold