IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th August 2012, 04:35 PM

Juicebox is an unknown quantity at this point
Devaintart wants the .art TLD

" DeviantART is committed to have the .art TLD in the hands of representatives of the arts; people who know something about the Internet and the way art is presented and enabled by the Internet. Nobody has more experience with this than the deviantART community that we are all building, participating in, and sharing with each other every day. "

For More >>

Personally, i think they should get the TLD.... An art extension in the hands of an art community, that's beautiful..... but can they pull it off.....? it probably won't be cheap and there might be competition coming from more financially strong arenas like the music industry.....

All the best Deviantart..... you guys got my vote.....

Last edited by Juicebox; 16th August 2012 at 04:36 PM..
Old 16th August 2012, 04:43 PM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough
Re: Devaintart wants the .art TLD

Deviant art represents the art community? Not really. They are deviants. Why should deviants represent?

Last edited by blastfromthepast; 16th August 2012 at 04:44 PM..
Old 16th August 2012, 05:33 PM
Semi-retired

alpha has disabled reputation

someone needs to help me out here, I think I'm missing a big piece of this puzzle.

Why do these people (and I mean all these applicants for new gTLDs) feel that in order to "do something amazing", "build a community", "represent the people".. and so on.. that they need a new gTLD to do that. A new gTLD is simply a virtual ring-fence, how on earth is that going to enable all of these dreams & promises ?

and secondly, even if you could convince me that this virtual ring-fence will magically also somehow enable all the above, couldn't you do the same for free with a bunch of subdomains ?

I get that maybe these applicants are not worldly-wise and they've fallen for the marketing jazz, but some of the applicants should know better as they are worldly-wise to the web.

Last edited by alpha; 16th August 2012 at 05:34 PM..
Old 16th August 2012, 08:23 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha View Post
I get that maybe these applicants are not worldly-wise and they've fallen for the marketing jazz, but some of the applicants should know better as they are worldly-wise to the web.
Some very **slick** domain companies and internet entrepreneurs sold them a pipe dream and a long-term management contract.