IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > Politics, Philosophy and Economics

Politics, Philosophy and Economics Discuss world events, politics, philosophy and economics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd November 2012, 08:44 PM

g is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished road
Sorry Mr.Obama, all your answers are wrong

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/egypts-pres...021736023.html
Egypt Protests: Brotherhood Offices Set Alight

Mr. Obama, your radical ugly allies in egypt are in danger

They are in bad need now to america's support and money
Old 23rd November 2012, 09:10 PM

thegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to thegenius1
Re: Sorry Mr.Obama, all your answers are wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by g View Post
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/egypts-pres...021736023.html
Egypt Protests: Brotherhood Offices Set Alight

Mr. Obama, your radical ugly allies in egypt are in danger

They are in bad need now to america's support and money

From your post's I take it you would prefer Dubya back ?
Old 23rd November 2012, 09:37 PM

g is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegenius1 View Post
From your post's I take it you would prefer Dubya back ?
I do not understand the american politics very well

but I had great respect for Bush although I disagreed on many things he had done.

for Obama, he is just a clown and he did major catastrophic strategic mistakes in the middle east which can not be undone now. it will affect us on the long term. He also is not decisive on many obvious issues.
Old 24th November 2012, 04:58 AM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

The banks never did the perp walk.

Money talks.
Old 24th November 2012, 05:02 AM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I do not understand the american politics very well

but I had great respect for Bush although I disagreed on many things he had done.

for Obama, he is just a clown and he did major catastrophic strategic mistakes in the middle east which can not be undone now. it will affect us on the long term. He also is not decisive on many obvious issues.
1) I do not understand the american politics very well
2) Great respect for Bush

Glad you put the (1) in first.

If you wanna call Obama a clown .... that's fine ... but there are many many worse words for the Bush clan, and I'd have to **** out most of them if I ever typed them.
Old 24th November 2012, 12:56 PM

blackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enough

I used to think this way when I was a child. World needs to be fair and all this crap about equality and all.
But now I am an adult and I think this:
1) US is not to make the world one happy place, she just out there to secure interests of her citizens.
2) Humans in the world basically are divided in 4 general categories (the same thing one may observe in animal world). Exploiters (bosses), their deputies that maintain order (bureacrats, law enforcement etc), pesants who work and scum of the earth that is worth nothing.
Hindu would say Brahmins, Kshatriyas, Vaishyas and Sudra but this is all the same.
This is in every country, US included but in US due to better political system and just government Exploiters(bosses)are of better quality and people do live better and these differences are not as obvious.
The same system I would apply to the countries of the world, basing on the quality of their inhabitants.

So, think who you judge. Both Bush and Obama are representative of the first cast country.
Nothing degrading here towards other people/countries. It is just how it is, no?
And remember that you can always move up but if you don't it's your fault, not Bush's
Old 24th November 2012, 02:04 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

If you look at the share of the wealth that the Exploiters have extracted from the economy, the claim that in the Exploiters are of better quality is only true to the degree that they are more efficient at expoiting the masses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpower View Post
I used to think this way when I was a child. World needs to be fair and all this crap about equality and all.
But now I am an adult and I think this:
1) US is not to make the world one happy place, she just out there to secure interests of her citizens.
2) Humans in the world basically are divided in 4 general categories (the same thing one may observe in animal world). Exploiters (bosses), their deputies that maintain order (bureacrats, law enforcement etc), pesants who work and scum of the earth that is worth nothing.
Hindu would say Brahmins, Kshatriyas, Vaishyas and Sudra but this is all the same.
This is in every country, US included but in US due to better political system and just government Exploiters(bosses)are of better quality and people do live better and these differences are not as obvious.
The same system I would apply to the countries of the world, basing on the quality of their inhabitants.

So, think who you judge. Both Bush and Obama are representative of the first cast country.
Nothing degrading here towards other people/countries. It is just how it is, no?
And remember that you can always move up but if you don't it's your fault, not Bush's
Old 24th November 2012, 02:17 PM

blackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enough

You should have a look at russian version of Exploiter. This is a mix of Exploiter in western civilised sense and Scum of the Earth or Slave type. A most explosive mix indeed. So everything is relative, no?
Old 24th November 2012, 02:42 PM

squirrel is a name known to all
squirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to all

Black Swan of Cairo, a good read
Old 24th November 2012, 03:38 PM

TrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Caste system is the reason for the historic downfall of Hindu Indian civilization. And in Hinduism you are born of certain caste and you cannot move up, ie there is no meritocracy there. When the US first broke away from being a colony, everyone had a chance to move up in life but now it is looking more like doors are being closed for the middle class and the upper class (brahmins) got it all for themselves just like India was and exploiting the working class. However, in the US, if you are innovative, there are still some limited channels left (although dwindling) to break out of the mold and move up in life.
Old 24th November 2012, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficDomainer View Post
When the US first broke away from being a colony, everyone had a chance to move up in life but now it is looking more like doors are being closed for the middle class and the upper class (brahmins) got it all for themselves just like India was and exploiting the working class. However, in the US, if you are innovative, there are still some limited channels left (although dwindling) to break out of the mold and move up in life.
Some channels? No, I think social mobility in US is very good;Much better than in other countries at the very least.
I have become to a conclusion that a man is his own destiny maker; there are no excuses and life is generally fair and gives people and countries what they generally deserve.
This is why I think one should blame only himself if something is wrong.
the greatnes of US is not because there is no cast system, there is one to a degree but a combination with personal freedom makes it fair, unlike in other countries where freedom is contingent and conditional
Old 24th November 2012, 05:02 PM

thegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to thegenius1

Quote:
Originally Posted by domainguru View Post
1) I do not understand the american politics very well
2) Great respect for Bush

Glad you put the (1) in first.
Where is the foot in mouth Emoji lol
Old 24th November 2012, 05:38 PM

Avtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
... I think social mobility in US is very good;Much better than in other countries at the very least.
Depends on the country. See this Wikipedia article. Canada and some of the Scandinavian countries have better socio-economic mobility than the US.

Avtal
Old 24th November 2012, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avtal View Post
Depends on the country. See this Wikipedia article. Canada and some of the Scandinavian countries have better socio-economic mobility than the US.

Avtal
May be but in Canada and Scandinavia freedom is not sacred as in US. Americans are crazy about their freedoms and generally they are real freedoms.
I think freedom of speech is the main american value, a safeguard from tyranny or abuse (even though sometime it takes extreem forms)

Last edited by blackpower; 24th November 2012 at 06:57 PM..
Old 24th November 2012, 06:51 PM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

Quote:
May be but in Canada and Scandinavia freedom is not sacred as in US. Americans are crazy about their freedoms and generally they are real freedoms.
I think freedom of speech is the mais american value, a safeguard from tyranny or abuse (even though sometime it takes extreem forms)
Exactly. What goes for normal discourse or even humor in the US is illegal in other countries. Unfortunately.

Last edited by blastfromthepast; 24th November 2012 at 06:52 PM..
Old 24th November 2012, 06:59 PM
Veteran

Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I think freedom of speech is the main american value, a safeguard from tyranny or abuse (even though sometime it takes extreem forms)
Did you ever watch Top Gear?
Old 24th November 2012, 11:07 PM

Eurorealtor is on a distinguished roadEurorealtor is on a distinguished roadEurorealtor is on a distinguished roadEurorealtor is on a distinguished roadEurorealtor is on a distinguished roadEurorealtor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I had great respect for Bush although I disagreed on many things he had done.
A lot of people may disagree now, but I believe this guy brought the US into the
Old 25th November 2012, 12:39 AM

Avtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastfromthepast View Post
Exactly. What goes for normal discourse or even humor in the US is illegal in other countries. Unfortunately.
Well, freedom extends in a number of directions. Including the freedom of just about any US company to fire just about any employee for just about any reason, or for no reason at all. And depending on the company, what some people consider "normal discourse or even humor" can get you fired. Though it should be noted that "Can't you take a joke?" is usually said by the powerful to the powerless, rather than the other way around.

Freedom also means that companies are free to accumulate personal data on just about anybody, and sell it to just about any other company, without notifying the person whose data has been collected, or giving them the chance to correct errors.

(Asterisk: there are some restrictions on the reasons for which companies can fire people, and there are some restrictions on data collection. But not many).

It is true that in the US, racist speech is allowed. Libel laws are not onerous. Depending on the state, firearms can be obtained fairly easily, as can a permit to carry these weapons on your person.

It is also true that many people from prosperous countries have chosen to immigrate to the US. But I assume this is not because they want to yell racist slogans while carrying a gun. So what is it that causes them to leave their homeland and move to our country? My guess: greater opportunity, rather than simply freedom of speech. But your guess may be different.

Avtal
Old 25th November 2012, 10:21 AM
Veteran

Fiscal Cliff aside, things are set to get pretty tough in the US.

The Europeans may be muddling through, but at least they are not digging an even bigger hole.
Old 25th November 2012, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck View Post
The Europeans may be muddling through, but at least they are not digging an even bigger hole.
The late British economist Maynard Keynes was in favor of digging holes, to kick-start the economy in a depression (see Wikipedia for the citation):

Quote:
If the Treasury were to fill old bottles with banknotes, bury them at suitable depths in disused coalmines which are then filled up to the surface with town rubbish, and leave it to private enterprise on well-tried principles of laissez-faire to dig the notes up again (the right to do so being obtained, of course, by tendering for leases of the note-bearing territory), there need be no more unemployment and, with the help of the repercussions, the real income of the community, and its capital wealth also, would probably become a good deal greater than it actually is. It would, indeed, be more sensible to build houses and the like; but if there are political and practical difficulties in the way of this, the above would be better than nothing.
Avtal