View Single Post
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 10th July 2006, 07:28 PM
Rubber Duck's Avatar
Rubber Duck Rubber Duck is offline
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Posts: 15,929
iTrader: (59)
Rep Power: 4560
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Re: Domain versus Car Number Plates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale
I think it will differ from language to language. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that in China, 10 surnames account for 80% of of the population. While the other 20% share many many different surnames.

My statistics are probably out, as I'm recalling this from memory - but I think the underlying message is true.
Chinese Names are going to be a lot more valuable that most for just that reason. There are many many more Japanese Surnames than Chinese.

However, without taking the trouble to get things correct, in Pinyin you get things like Wang1, Wang3 and Wang4. For simplicity in the West all these different names are lumped together as Wang, so Western Stats might be a bit dodgy.
__________________
All offers to sell are void.
Reply With Quote