IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > IDN Domain Appraisals

IDN Domain Appraisals Appraisals by other members on International domain names.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th December 2012, 10:11 AM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about
Re: таити.com Tahiti

Sounds like a plan, just add an extra list element in as well:

0.1 - research search volumes to see if doing "1 to 3" is worth the cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoidns View Post
Hi

Thanks for all your views and advice to a newbie on idn domain names.

My thoughts for the domains is

1.Develop into a site

2.Intergrate a affliate program (Russian) That offers holidays to таити

3.Do SEO on the site and rank high for the keywords.

It will be my first time doing SEO on a idn so this will be another learning curve.

I can outsource the content to a few russian writers that will be seo freindly and pass copyscape etc
Old 11th December 2012, 04:52 AM

Avtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by domainguru View Post
Sounds like a plan, just add an extra list element in as well:

0.1 - research search volumes to see if doing "1 to 3" is worth the cost.
Normally I'd agree.

But since this would be your first developed IDN, and since таити.com is a reasonably decent name, I'd suggest that you go ahead and develop it even if the financial analysis shows it to be not quite worth the cost.

Even if you just put together a simple website, you'll learn some interesting and useful things. For instance: how, using your favorite CMS, do you make a URL that looks like таити.com/гостиницы rather than таити.com/hotels? How do Google GAKT values translate into clicks for Russian domains? Which browsers are your visitors using, and what countries do the most profitable clicks come from?

So think of it as an investment in your education.

Avtal
Old 11th December 2012, 06:18 AM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avtal View Post
Normally I'd agree.

But since this would be your first developed IDN, and since таити.com is a reasonably decent name, I'd suggest that you go ahead and develop it even if the financial analysis shows it to be not quite worth the cost.

Even if you just put together a simple website, you'll learn some interesting and useful things. For instance: how, using your favorite CMS, do you make a URL that looks like таити.com/гостиницы rather than таити.com/hotels? How do Google GAKT values translate into clicks for Russian domains? Which browsers are your visitors using, and what countries do the most profitable clicks come from?

So think of it as an investment in your education.

Avtal
I'd still do the analysis ..... what if it only gets 500 searches per month or less? (Not saying it does or it doesn't, not my name), but are you really going to invest all that time, money (Translators) etc. if the results could never justify themselves. All that would do would put you off devving in the future.

I'm all for "developing for education", but not "cash down the drain". Good development is a tough tough business, especially now Google is apparently much less keen on "lightly developed" domains. If you are going to throw yourself into a development, make sure it has at least a chance of getting some of the investment back.

But if you want to launch a business without a business plan or any research, its your dosh, do what you want with it
Old 11th December 2012, 07:54 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

I am sure Russians do go to Tahiti, but don't they just tell their personal Pilot to book a slot on the Runway?
Old 11th December 2012, 09:36 AM

123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road

if i remember correctly pompei in russian was available for reg fee a few months ago i think it had a total of 8k exact searches or so. if someone is interested in that type of russian names.

tahiti.de

Last edited by 123; 11th December 2012 at 09:53 AM..
Old 11th December 2012, 04:26 PM

Avtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the rough

OK, this is getting confusing. According to this brand-new thread: http://www.idnforums.com/forums/3286...an-tahiti.html,
таити.com is owned by RussianDomainer.

So are you sure you own this domain? Or did you pick up a mispelling?

Avtal
Old 11th December 2012, 04:33 PM

TrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished road

Perhaps RussianDomainer bought the domain from the OP for a quick flip?
Old 11th December 2012, 04:34 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Time to require Punycode on Appraisal threads?
Old 11th December 2012, 04:41 PM
Semi-retired

alpha has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficDomainer View Post
Perhaps RussianDomainer bought the domain from the OP for a quick flip?
the whois matches RussianDomainer.
Old 11th December 2012, 05:21 PM

I (and I guess others) violated the first rule of newbie appraisal threads: make sure the newbie actually owns the domain before appraising it.

My apologies to RussianDomainer.

Avtal

Last edited by Avtal; 11th December 2012 at 05:24 PM..
Old 11th December 2012, 06:26 PM

TrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha View Post
the whois matches RussianDomainer.
Thanks Alpha. I don't have access to the paid version of domaintools to check domain history but based on the quote below (assuming newtoidns was telling the truth), it could be that domain was very recently bought up by RussianDomainer to resell. It would be good to get a clarification from both the parties to understand what is really going on here.

Cheers!

Quote:
Hi

This is only my second IDN domain name

таити.com

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tahiti

Any ideas on value at all?

Thanks

Still learning the idn side of things
Old 11th December 2012, 06:36 PM

RussianDomainer is on a distinguished roadRussianDomainer is on a distinguished roadRussianDomainer is on a distinguished roadRussianDomainer is on a distinguished roadRussianDomainer is on a distinguished roadRussianDomainer is on a distinguished road

the domain name was mine, but I was late to renew it. When you are so late - Dynadot.com puts your expired domain on auction. And when someone wins it - he has to wait certain number of days until getting a message that domain is now added to your account. Apparently I renewed it before this cut-off date passed.

Last edited by RussianDomainer; 11th December 2012 at 06:38 PM..
Old 11th December 2012, 06:40 PM

RussianDomainer is on a distinguished roadRussianDomainer is on a distinguished roadRussianDomainer is on a distinguished roadRussianDomainer is on a distinguished roadRussianDomainer is on a distinguished roadRussianDomainer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avtal View Post
I (and I guess others) violated the first rule of newbie appraisal threads: make sure the newbie actually owns the domain before appraising it.

My apologies to RussianDomainer.

Avtal
no problem, Avtal. I guess we all learned some important details on how Dynadot.com expiring name auction works.
Old 11th December 2012, 07:32 PM

newtoidns is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianDomainer View Post
the domain name was mine, but I was late to renew it. When you are so late - Dynadot.com puts your expired domain on auction. And when someone wins it - he has to wait certain number of days until getting a message that domain is now added to your account. Apparently I renewed it before this cut-off date passed.
Hi

Looks like you renewed it now and dynadot have credited my account,

Learning curve for me is dont put domain names up for appraisel until dynadot place in my account 100%
Old 11th December 2012, 07:55 PM

Muhammad Mustafa will become famous soon enoughMuhammad Mustafa will become famous soon enoughMuhammad Mustafa will become famous soon enoughMuhammad Mustafa will become famous soon enoughMuhammad Mustafa will become famous soon enoughMuhammad Mustafa will become famous soon enoughMuhammad Mustafa will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Hi

Looks like you renewed it now and dynadot have credited my account,

Learning curve for me is dont put domain names up for appraisel until dynadot place in my account 100%
good luck next time bro
As I snap many domains through Dynadot on a regular base, I'd spot some points from my experience with them:

- Once you were the only/highest bidder, you'll have 48 hours to make the payment, if payment isn't received by that time you'll be warned and if repeated one more time you'll be banned from taking part in future expired auctions
* If you were the 2nd highest bidder and 48 hours passed without the 1st one paid for the name, you'll get a 24 hours chance to pay your bid and get it

- Once paid for domain, it'll be added to your account where you can modify NS, Whois ...etc, but you can NOT: push to another account or transfer away, it will be in an auction-lock for 30 days, scroll over the "lock" icon next to your domain and you'll see when it get auction-unlocked, mostly in a net 31 days, once auction-unlocked, its up to you to do whatever you want

- Any time in 31 days if the original registrant decided he'd renew the domain, he'll get it and your payment will be credited back to your Dynadot account (not to the payment venue you used)

- If you have an expired auction domain in your watchlist, the status "timedout" means that auction time ended and the original registrant didn't renewed it, while "closed" means the original registrant decided to renew it while in auction time, even if auction has bidders

- Unlike regular registration with Dynadot, you can NOT delete a domain you won in expired auctions for a credit

From my experience:
1) Once 10-12 days passed, most likely the original registrant will NOT renew it, most renewals hits my snapped domains within first week, almost 90% or so of renewed ones, to date, only one time the org. reg. renewed his domain I got in day 29
2) When in auction-lock, NEVER develop, post appraisal thread or sale thread, original owner still can renew it, plus, most likely if you do so he'll for sure renew, its a small community after all and everyone can see whatever going on

above info are all based on my personal experience only, so hope they are correct in all cases and would benefit some of you...
Old 11th December 2012, 07:59 PM

newtoidns is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad Mustafa View Post
good luck next time bro
As I snap many domains through Dynadot on a regular base, I'd spot some points from my experience with them:

- Once you were the only/highest bidder, you'll have 48 hours to make the payment, if payment isn't received by that time you'll be warned and if repeated one more time you'll be banned from taking part in future expired auctions
* If you were the 2nd highest bidder and 48 hours passed without the 1st one paid for the name, you'll get a 24 hours chance to pay your bid and get it

- Once paid for domain, it'll be added to your account where you can modify NS, Whois ...etc, but you can NOT: push to another account or transfer away, it will be in an auction-lock for 30 days, scroll over the "lock" icon next to your domain and you'll see when it get auction-unlocked, mostly in a net 31 days, once auction-unlocked, its up to you to do whatever you want

- Any time in 31 days if the original registrant decided he'd renew the domain, he'll get it and your payment will be credited back to your Dynadot account (not to the payment venue you used)

- If you have an expired auction domain in your watchlist, the status "timedout" means that auction time ended and the original registrant didn't renewed it, while "closed" means the original registrant decided to renew it while in auction time, even if auction has bidders

- Unlike regular registration with Dynadot, you can NOT delete a domain you won in expired auctions for a credit

From my experience:
1) Once 10-12 days passed, most likely the original registrant will NOT renew it, most renewals hits my snapped domains within first week, almost 90% or so of renewed ones, to date, only one time the org. reg. renewed his domain I got in day 29
2) When in auction-lock, NEVER develop, post appraisal thread or sale thread, original owner still can renew it, plus, most likely if you do so he'll for sure renew, its a small community after all and everyone can see whatever going on

above info are all based on my personal experience only, so hope they are correct in all cases and would benefit some of you...
Very well written, yes it has helped me out a newbie to this market.
Old 12th December 2012, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Hi

Thanks for all your views and advice to a newbie on idn domain names.

My thoughts for the domains is

1.Develop into a site

2.Intergrate a affliate program (Russian) That offers holidays to таити

3.Do SEO on the site and rank high for the keywords.

It will be my first time doing SEO on a idn so this will be another learning curve.

I can outsource the content to a few russian writers that will be seo freindly and pass copyscape etc
Now you have my really confused. RussianDomainer just put up a sales thread for this domain yesterday? You're not saying all this chat was for a domain you don't own are you? Please say no ....