IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th January 2013, 01:06 PM

alexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enough
Talking Transfer your domains to Namecheap - $3.99 each

Just seen this one and I thought it would be useful for members in here.

http://www.namecheap.com/2nd-moveyourdomainday.aspx

I've used Namecheap for a couple of years now, and have never had any problems with them at all.

Looks like this offer is just for the 22nd January, and is limited to 50 domains per account.

So for $199.50, you can transfer 50 domains over to them and also get Free Whois Guard Privacy protection as well - thats a great deal in my opinion. I've been able to transfer and register IDNs at Namecheap without any problems.

Hope you find it useful !!

Alex

Old 19th January 2013, 01:19 PM

IDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to IDNer
Re: Transfer your domains to Namecheap - $3.99 each

Thanks for your info.
Old 21st January 2013, 03:24 AM

Eurorealtor is on a distinguished roadEurorealtor is on a distinguished roadEurorealtor is on a distinguished roadEurorealtor is on a distinguished roadEurorealtor is on a distinguished roadEurorealtor is on a distinguished road

Thanks Alex, rep added.
Old 21st January 2013, 12:34 PM

Avtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the rough

I have a few IDNs at namecheap; I haven't had any problems. A couple of things to keep in mind:

1) The IDNs are displayed in punycode, not unicode (unless there's some option that I'm not aware of).

2) If you have 50 or more domains with them, ask Support to activate the GOLDDEAL coupon. This gets you a nice discount.

Avtal
Old 21st January 2013, 01:57 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Thanks Alex!

Anyone know a way to get BULK transfer codes from name.com??

One by one is painful!
Old 21st January 2013, 07:13 PM

g is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished road

thanks alot , I will try it ))))
Old 22nd January 2013, 07:52 AM

alexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enough

Looks like this is already up and running. I've just managed to transfer 50 domains over to them very quickly and easily - total cost was $207.42 - and each of the 50 domains now has Private WhoisGuard on them as well !!

Old 22nd January 2013, 09:26 AM

bumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura about

Still showing $8.49 per name for me.
Old 22nd January 2013, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee man View Post
I think you need to be signed into your account with them first, and then you will need to enter the code "openinternet". That is what happened with me at first, but once you sign in - you should see the discount appear.

Old 22nd January 2013, 09:57 AM

g is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee man View Post
you can click transfer and add them to cart then you will find a small box on the right where you can write coupon "openinternet" then click apply it. the page will then be refreshed with the discount price.
Old 22nd January 2013, 10:30 AM

bumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexd View Post
I think you need to be signed into your account with them first, and then you will need to enter the code "openinternet". That is what happened with me at first, but once you sign in - you should see the discount appear.
That's what I did. Still showing the regular price:

Old 22nd January 2013, 10:42 AM

Very strange that its still showing as $8.67 for you. I went to another account I have with Namecheap and tried again and once I enter the openinternet code, the price shows as $4.17 (0.18 for ICANN ).

Looking at your screenshot, you are trying to transfer a .com domain - so this issue shouldn't be because of the extension of the domain you are trying to transfer.

Another restriction might be "not valid for domains that have previously been transferred from Namecheap." Is this domain one that you previously had with Namecheap ?

You might want to pop onto the Live Support and ask them about this.

Sorry I couldn't be any help with this.

Alex

Old 22nd January 2013, 12:07 PM

Solved it. Looks like the promo code needs to be entered in advance.
Old 22nd January 2013, 01:43 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Any ideas on getting bulk auth codes at
Name.com (prefer)
Moniker
Dynadot
Old 22nd January 2013, 02:05 PM

tee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enough

email support at dynadot, not sure on the others.

http://www.dynadot.com/community/hel...bulk-EPP-codes

First, you must send an email to info@dynadot.com and request us to enable the "CSV Transfer Codes" in your account.
To download your bulk authorization codes, please use the following steps:
Click on the "Domains" tab in the main menu.
Unlock your domain(s).
Select 'Folder Downloads' from the 'Domains' drop-down menu.
Check the box next to "Transfer Codes" and then click on the "Download" button.
Old 22nd January 2013, 03:31 PM

yanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to yanni Send a message via Skype™ to yanni

Thanks alexd. Saved me a couple of hundred.
Old 22nd January 2013, 10:38 PM

oooh my god !! , what a headache and pain !!!

they did not send me any link to put authorization codes

I unlocked domains then I confirmed transfer by email

then all of a sudden I received tens of emails saying transfer cancelled because auth code is not correct !!!

Now I will receive fund within 24 hours then I can resubmit transfer again

guess what !! you can resubmit transfer but without promotion code !!!

My money is locked with them and I lost the transfer discount

does this happen with anyone of you .. or it is only me ?
Old 22nd January 2013, 10:53 PM

Eurorealtor is on a distinguished roadEurorealtor is on a distinguished roadEurorealtor is on a distinguished roadEurorealtor is on a distinguished roadEurorealtor is on a distinguished roadEurorealtor is on a distinguished road

So far, worked smoothly for me.
You should call / chat them and ask to fix the issue, I believe they could do more for you. It is in their best interest to get as much as domains as possible.
They'll make tons at renewals next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by g View Post

then all of a sudden I received tens of emails saying transfer cancelled because auth code is not correct !!!

Old 23rd January 2013, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g View Post

Gee.....I am sure they will sort it out. There are in the business of making new friends today.

If an email doesn't get it fixed, pm me and I will be happy to call them for you and explain.
Old 23rd January 2013, 03:29 AM

mgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enough

Thanks for sharing! Just managed to get in on the deal in time.