View Single Post
Old 12th July 2006, 04:38 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Re: Verisign response on DNAME or the other implementation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by domainstosell
I agree; IDN.IDN should almost be thought of as the same idea as a redirect...
Well there is the rub. If it is DNAME, it definitely is. If it is NS, it is not necessarily. I don't think anyone though is seriously going to be able to install a hundred sanctioned new extension into the root in the kind of of timescale that is being demanded. DNAME is a convenient body swerve for all of this. With DNAME, ICANN can effectively do as it pleases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbert
This, I feel, is speaking about political/operational implications rather than technical implications.
It all comes down to politics. This is why someone that has not been sanctioned to hand out new information fobs you off with an nebulous and ambigious load of crap. Almost a waste of time asking in the first place.

Last edited by Rubber Duck; 12th July 2006 at 04:40 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost