IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names

IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names (http://www.idnforums.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.idnforums.com/forums/general-discussion/)
-   -   Better to set IDN redirects as URL Frame or not (http://www.idnforums.com/forums/33238-better-to-set-idn-redirects-as-url-frame-or-not.html)

oldguy 9th February 2013 02:58 AM

Better to set IDN redirects as URL Frame or not
 
For your IDNs you are pitching to the owner of their .com counterparts, if you choose to redirect - do you use URL Frame or a simple redirect?

I had used Frame - but dislike the puny code shown in browser, so am changing to a simple redirect.

Thoughts?

seesawgame 9th February 2013 03:10 AM

Re: Better to set IDN redirects as URL Frame or not
 
Host it is best, If choice one I will select redirect, URL Frame work not good for SEO.

domainguru 9th February 2013 03:49 AM

Re: Better to set IDN redirects as URL Frame or not
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by oldguy (Bericht 211016)
For your IDNs you are pitching to the owner of their .com counterparts, if you choose to redirect - do you use URL Frame or a simple redirect?

I had used Frame - but dislike the puny code shown in browser, so am changing to a simple redirect.

Thoughts?

Thoughts? Never pitch to owner of .com. Makes you look desperate and will probably make them angry .... not a good way to start a negotiation. Would also kill you if it went to UDRP / court case.

Deals very rarely happen this way. Buyers come when they are ready, whether the .com owner or someone else. You can't force someone into buying your domain. Patience, patience, and patience is the name of this game.

As for redirect method, irrelevant.

squirrel 9th February 2013 04:35 AM

Re: Better to set IDN redirects as URL Frame or not
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by oldguy (Bericht 211016)
For your IDNs you are pitching to the owner of their .com counterparts, if you choose to redirect - do you use URL Frame or a simple redirect?

I had used Frame - but dislike the puny code shown in browser, so am changing to a simple redirect.

Thoughts?

You're selling .nets to .com registrants ? I don't get it.

As seesaw said, never use iFrames

clipper 9th February 2013 06:44 AM

Re: Better to set IDN redirects as URL Frame or not
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by domainguru (Bericht 211022)
Thoughts? Never pitch to owner of .com. Makes you look desperate and will probably make them angry .... not a good way to start a negotiation. Would also kill you if it went to UDRP / court case.

Deals very rarely happen this way. Buyers come when they are ready, whether the .com owner or someone else. You can't force someone into buying your domain. Patience, patience, and patience is the name of this game.

As for redirect method, irrelevant.

+1

If you are "pitching" your IDNs to the rightful registrant of an ASCII.com, you are going to encounter UDRP procedures more frequently than successful sales negotiations. Your sales pitch will be used against you in the court of WIPO.

I know you're just learning the market here, and you may have different goals/expectations than those of us that have been in the market long-term.

We're not too friendly to folks that are looking to "game the system," because we are the system, as far as IDNs go.

oldguy 9th February 2013 03:04 PM

Re: Better to set IDN redirects as URL Frame or not
 
Thanks for the advice - i haven't yet offered one for sale - and will take the wait and see approach. I really prefer some lease or parking income to selling anyways.

They are generic idn.coms (Russian & Thai) i don't own any .nets

Peace

domainguru 9th February 2013 03:13 PM

Re: Better to set IDN redirects as URL Frame or not
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by oldguy (Bericht 211045)
Thanks for the advice - i haven't yet offered one for sale - and will take the wait and see approach. I really prefer some lease or parking income to selling anyways.

They are generic idn.coms (Russian & Thai) i don't own any .nets

Peace

What Thais have you got? Please PM them to me. I might be able to help you decide what to do with them.

oldguy 9th February 2013 04:07 PM

Re: Better to set IDN redirects as URL Frame or not
 
PM sent - thanks for your advice!

domainguru 10th February 2013 04:50 AM

Re: Better to set IDN redirects as URL Frame or not
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by oldguy (Bericht 211050)
PM sent - thanks for your advice!

Glad you took it in the right spirit :)


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0
Copyright idnforums.com 2005


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54