IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th February 2013, 02:58 AM

oldguy is on a distinguished roadoldguy is on a distinguished roadoldguy is on a distinguished roadoldguy is on a distinguished roadoldguy is on a distinguished roadoldguy is on a distinguished road
Better to set IDN redirects as URL Frame or not

For your IDNs you are pitching to the owner of their .com counterparts, if you choose to redirect - do you use URL Frame or a simple redirect?

I had used Frame - but dislike the puny code shown in browser, so am changing to a simple redirect.

Thoughts?
Old 9th February 2013, 03:10 AM

seesawgame will become famous soon enoughseesawgame will become famous soon enoughseesawgame will become famous soon enoughseesawgame will become famous soon enoughseesawgame will become famous soon enoughseesawgame will become famous soon enoughseesawgame will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to seesawgame Send a message via Yahoo to seesawgame
Re: Better to set IDN redirects as URL Frame or not

Host it is best, If choice one I will select redirect, URL Frame work not good for SEO.
Old 9th February 2013, 03:49 AM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldguy View Post
For your IDNs you are pitching to the owner of their .com counterparts, if you choose to redirect - do you use URL Frame or a simple redirect?

I had used Frame - but dislike the puny code shown in browser, so am changing to a simple redirect.

Thoughts?
Thoughts? Never pitch to owner of .com. Makes you look desperate and will probably make them angry .... not a good way to start a negotiation. Would also kill you if it went to UDRP / court case.

Deals very rarely happen this way. Buyers come when they are ready, whether the .com owner or someone else. You can't force someone into buying your domain. Patience, patience, and patience is the name of this game.

As for redirect method, irrelevant.
Old 9th February 2013, 04:35 AM

squirrel is a name known to all
squirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to all

Quote:

Thoughts?
You're selling .nets to .com registrants ? I don't get it.

As seesaw said, never use iFrames
Old 9th February 2013, 06:44 AM

clipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by domainguru View Post
Thoughts? Never pitch to owner of .com. Makes you look desperate and will probably make them angry .... not a good way to start a negotiation. Would also kill you if it went to UDRP / court case.

Deals very rarely happen this way. Buyers come when they are ready, whether the .com owner or someone else. You can't force someone into buying your domain. Patience, patience, and patience is the name of this game.

As for redirect method, irrelevant.
+1

If you are "pitching" your IDNs to the rightful registrant of an ASCII.com, you are going to encounter UDRP procedures more frequently than successful sales negotiations. Your sales pitch will be used against you in the court of WIPO.

I know you're just learning the market here, and you may have different goals/expectations than those of us that have been in the market long-term.

We're not too friendly to folks that are looking to "game the system," because we are the system, as far as IDNs go.
Old 9th February 2013, 03:04 PM

oldguy is on a distinguished roadoldguy is on a distinguished roadoldguy is on a distinguished roadoldguy is on a distinguished roadoldguy is on a distinguished roadoldguy is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the advice - i haven't yet offered one for sale - and will take the wait and see approach. I really prefer some lease or parking income to selling anyways.

They are generic idn.coms (Russian & Thai) i don't own any .nets

Peace
Old 9th February 2013, 03:13 PM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Thanks for the advice - i haven't yet offered one for sale - and will take the wait and see approach. I really prefer some lease or parking income to selling anyways.

They are generic idn.coms (Russian & Thai) i don't own any .nets

Peace
What Thais have you got? Please PM them to me. I might be able to help you decide what to do with them.
Old 9th February 2013, 04:07 PM

PM sent - thanks for your advice!
Old 10th February 2013, 04:50 AM

Quote:
PM sent - thanks for your advice!
Glad you took it in the right spirit