IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > Politics, Philosophy and Economics

Politics, Philosophy and Economics Discuss world events, politics, philosophy and economics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th February 2013, 07:56 PM

g is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished road
Mursi blocked youtube in egypt

islamist fascist president Mursi blocked youtube for 30 days!

anyone knows anyway to open it like another webaddress or something !

Islamists are trying to stop the ongoing revolution aganist muslim brotherhood

Egyptians will hunt you soon >>>>>> your days are over M.B.

Egypt will never become another iran
Old 10th February 2013, 10:19 PM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough
Re: Mursi blocked youtube in egypt

Does this post make you, "an enemy of the state"?

I'll post one more being from America. Fuck the Muslim Brotherhood. Fuck Dickhead Mursi!

Cheers.

P.S. Peace to all Egyptians regardless of their religion, sex, or occupation.

Last edited by sarcle; 10th February 2013 at 10:21 PM..
Old 11th February 2013, 07:03 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcle View Post

I'll post one more being from America. Fuck the Muslim Brotherhood. Fuck Dickhead Mursi!

Cheers.

I am not convinced this move is really that politically inspired. The You Tube ruling was a response to a lot of deaths as the Video it stirred up riots. There is a distinction between freedom of speech and stirring up hatred. If Mursi really was about suppressing revolution, then he would be much more likely to target Twitter. Organising an uprising on You Tube is probably a bit far fetched.

Americans needs to be carefully about advocating democracy and then changing their minds, because they don't like the outcome. Most of the problems in Iran are because the Americans with the support of British deposed a relatively moderate and legitimate democratic government and installed a puppet dictator. Frankly I found the support of a bunch of judges appointed by the old dictator dissolving parliament bizarre. Western support for such moves were little short of perverse.

It is unrealistic to assume that religion will not enter into politics in the Middle East and you have to realise that vast majority of the populations of these countries are Muslim. Of course the interests of minorities need protecting. But is You Tube really helping?
Old 11th February 2013, 09:31 AM

g is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Cheers.

No, I am not the only one who is saying this ..... millions of egyptians are cursing mursi everyday in streets , in work ...etc

thanks for joining us >>>
Old 11th February 2013, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck View Post
I am not convinced this move is really that politically inspired. The You Tube ruling was a response to a lot of deaths as the Video it stirred up riots.
No of course at all.... it is 100% politically inspired

first : why they waited long time .. the accident was last year... why they wait 6 months ?
second : are they punishing youtube in this way?. there is no effect at all . They of course wish to destroy it but this is ineffective.
third : it is temporary blocking .... why ... the anti-islam videos will be there after unblocking .

They promote hatred in all their meetings (hate clubs) ... they never ever worked aganist stirring up hatred.

I guess more than 60-70% now totally aganist mursi or islamists in general ... however they are worried from civil rulers and confused about sharia
Old 11th February 2013, 09:45 AM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about

Politicians never understand technology and how people use it to communicate. Most are plain idiots. Blocking youtube won't do a thing.
Old 11th February 2013, 12:41 PM

Jay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Most of the problems in Iran are because the Americans with the support of British deposed a relatively moderate and legitimate democratic government and installed a puppet dictator.
Absolutely. The West created the fricken mess in Iran and the best thing they can do is stay out of Egypt's affairs or it will go a similar way. It's up to Egyptians to sort out their own path using the democratic process they've fought for.

I don't like religion intervening in government affairs, but that's what happens when masses of Muslims are given the vote and they don't believe in the separation of religion and the State. Americans haven't been a great example in this respect either. The President still pledges his allegiance on the bible. What the hell is that about?
Old 11th February 2013, 01:05 PM

Avtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
The President still pledges his allegiance on the bible. What the hell is that about?
Whether to use a bible or not is the President's personal choice; it isn't mandated in the Constitution. But the likelihood of an avowed atheist being elected President of the United States is practically nil.

Avtal
Old 11th February 2013, 01:14 PM

Jay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avtal View Post
the likelihood of an avowed atheist being elected President of the United States is practically nil.

Avtal
So anyone with enough rationality to see through a fiction isn't likely to be elected President. Scary.
Old 11th February 2013, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domainguru View Post
Politicians never understand technology and how people use it to communicate. Most are plain idiots. Blocking youtube won't do a thing.
Morsi has personal account at twitter and He used to send us tons of tweets especially after accidents
https://twitter.com/MuhammadMorsi

if you can read arabic , you will be surprised about egyptians replying there saying awful nasty words to him
a**hole , di*khead, sonofB , ....et
Old 11th February 2013, 03:00 PM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough

Quote:
So anyone with enough rationality to see through a fiction isn't likely to be elected President. Scary.
Unfortunately those "fiction" believers are the majority here. It's changing, slowly but surely.... Hopefully...

I'd personally be happy if it all went away today. I also agree that people have the right to believe anything they want. I don't care if you worship a dung beetle just leave me out of it and don't legislate it on me.
Old 11th February 2013, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Americans needs to be carefully about advocating democracy and then changing their minds, because they don't like the outcome. Most of the problems in Iran are because the Americans with the support of British deposed a relatively moderate and legitimate democratic government and installed a puppet dictator. Frankly I found the support of a bunch of judges appointed by the old dictator dissolving parliament bizarre. Western support for such moves were little short of perverse.
I agree. I don't support my governments involvement in the middle east or the mess it's caused. I do believe people have a right and a duty to stand up to their government when they are wrong.

Quote:
The You Tube ruling was a response to a lot of deaths as the Video it stirred up riots.
See this is where I disagree. I bunch of uneducated idiots got offended and killed people. The video didn't cause that. They did.

I wish I could get away with that defense the next time someone offends me. Well, I didn't kill that person. His offensive comments killed him. But no, as a rational, educated person, I say, "Go fuck yourself" to the offender and go on with my life. I don't start riots and I don't kill people.

Last edited by sarcle; 11th February 2013 at 03:34 PM..
Old 11th February 2013, 03:46 PM
Veteran

Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I agree. I don't support my governments involvement in the middle east or the mess it's caused. I do believe people have a right and a duty to stand up to their government when they are wrong.

See this is where I disagree. I bunch of uneducated idiots got offended and killed people. The video didn't cause that. They did.

I wish I could get away with that defense the next time someone offends me. Well, I didn't kill that person. His offensive comments killed him. But no, as a rational, educated person, I say, "Go fuck yourself" to the offender and go on with my life. I don't start riots and I don't kill people.
Incitement of Racial Hatred is a crime in most civilised places precisely because much of the populous is stupid enough to react to such provocation. I agree it is no excuse but there is absolutely no excuse for the provocation either. You Tube has blood on its hands.
Old 11th February 2013, 07:47 PM

blackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enough

Quote:

I don't like religion intervening in government affairs, but that's what happens when masses of Muslims are given the vote and they don't believe in the separation of religion and the State?
Direct "Democracy" will always bring to the power the lowest populists and, ultimately, fail in the most miserable way.
This is why american political system is the most balanced and stable. This is why US must continue to govern the world.
Old 11th February 2013, 07:48 PM

squirrel is a name known to all
squirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by g View Post
first : why they waited long time .. the accident was last year... why they wait 6 months ?
second : are they punishing youtube in this way?. there is no effect at all . They of course wish to destroy it but this is ineffective.
third : it is temporary blocking .... why ... the anti-islam videos will be there after unblocking .
late ineffective not-a-permanent-solution you pretty much nailed it. Maybe the guy in charge has a strong background in global internet policy, specifically assigned name and numbers jk

If I were you I'd try Tor

Cheers
Old 11th February 2013, 08:01 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpower View Post
Direct "Democracy" will always bring to the power the lowest populists and, ultimately, fail in the most miserable way.
This is why american political system is the most balanced and stable. This is why US must continue to govern the world.
To paraphrase Lincoln, Government of fuckheads by fuckheads for fuckheads.
Old 11th February 2013, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpower View Post
Dude, what are you smoking? Pass that!!! It's puff, puff, give!
Old 11th February 2013, 09:55 PM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice

Old 12th February 2013, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Incitement of Racial Hatred is a crime in most civilised places precisely because much of the populous is stupid enough to react to such provocation. I agree it is no excuse but there is absolutely no excuse for the provocation either. You Tube has blood on its hands.
I'm sorry RD but when did Islam become a race? Are there not white people in this religion? Was not the maker of this video Egyptian as well?

And to me "incitement of racial hatred" is a joke, really. It's purely subjective.
Have I been discriminated against because of the color of my skin? Of course. This is another story we could go into but it digresses from the main course of thought here. Do I think that the people who do these things should be imprisoned or murdered? Of course not.

So now we have to protect the intelligent from the stupid? Which seems is the core of the argument here. How about equal education for all? How about not allowing such hatred to exist in the first place? To me this is Darwinism at it's best. To me this is natural selection. To me this is the dumb weeding out the dumb. Fuck 'em I'm glad they aren't in the gene pool any longer.

Quote:
but there is absolutely no excuse for the provocation either
Depends. Have you been a victim of Islam? Have you been a victim of hatred of your racial background? People have been murdered, raped, stoned to death, enslaved, exiled, and/or much worse because of religion, race, and the beliefs of mankind.

I can say your God is bullshit to a Christian and not expect anything other than, "I'll pray for you."

I could say the same thing about Allah and expect a death sentence in most cases.

You tell me why I can't provoke people of faith? You tell me why I can't say it's all fucking bullshit and what you believe is fucking bullshit and why I should be imprisoned, fined, or killed for doing so! And I say to that answer never mind I will do it anyways! Fuck all religions as they are the cause of all the killing and distress and devolution of mankind! They are the virus that plagues us all. Religion has killed more than any natural cause in the history of mankind. Fuck religion.

Quote:
You Tube has blood on its hands.
No, no they don't. They didn't make the video nor did they sponsor it. They are protecting freedom of speech. The actual killers have blood on their hands. You know from actually killing people.

Edit:
P.S. I do not hate people of faith. I don't actually care. Believe whatever you want. It's the moment you impose your god on others' is when I do and will speak out.

Last edited by sarcle; 12th February 2013 at 12:48 AM..
Old 12th February 2013, 01:32 AM

Avtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Religion has killed more than any natural cause in the history of mankind.
More than the Black Plague, and the diseases that carried off 90% of the native inhabitants of the Western Hemisphere after the Europeans arrived?

Also, the body count may depend on whether you count Communism as a religion.

Avtal