IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th February 2013, 12:52 PM

alexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enough
idn.Egypt Domains - 2 of the domains I registered have disappeared from my account

Hi guys

Just received an email from Parkingcrew about one of my IDN.Egypt domains that I have parked with it. The email basically said ...

the following domain(s) have been removed from your account due to an ownership conflict:

xn--mgbay4ehip.xn--wgbh1c

I believe the above is Hotels.egypt

Now what is weird is that I have checked my domains at bil3araby.net, and in my domains section it shows me 6 domains. However, in my transactions section, it shows 8 transactions. I had a look at some of the first domains I registered, as I actually spoke via PM to Muhammad Mustafa and asked him about them. One of the three domains I registered and asked him to confirm was the one that ParkingCrew are now telling me about. I had a look at the others that I asked Muhammad about - and one other that I know I registered, as I asked him about it after registering it, has now also disappeared from my account.

This other missing domain is - العقارات.مصر (xn--mgbaam7a8b9co.xn--wgbh1c) which I belived means Real Estate.

So basically, 2 domains that I DID register and paid for - have now mysteriously disappeared from my account. I received no notification about this, I have no idea when this happened !! I will contact the registrar now and ask about what happened to them, but the fact that Parkingcrew are telling me there is a ownership conflict obviously means that someone else has registered them as well !!

Has anyone else had any such problems with any IDN.Egypt domains that they registered ??

Alex

Old 26th February 2013, 01:20 PM

squirrel is a name known to all
squirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to all
Re: idn.Egypt Domains - 2 of the domains I registered have disappeared from my accoun

who is listed as the registrant of the domains ?
Old 26th February 2013, 02:02 PM

alexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enough
Re: idn.Egypt Domains - 2 of the domains I registered have disappeared from my accoun

I don't really want to start posting other peoples WHOIS data in here.

However, from my point of view, I DID register the domains, and they were in my account - as I then changed the DNS of the domains and pointed them to ParkingCrew. Unless I registered the domains and had access to them, how was I able to do this ??

What I've also noticed now, is that in my ParkingCrew, there are now currently 7 idn.egypt domains ( they deleted the other one ). But in my account at bil3araby.net - there are just 6 domains in my account now - so I am expecting a second email from Parkingcrew any day now telling me that the other name has been removed due to a conflict of ownership.

My problem is NOT with whoever may actually have the domains in their accounts - my problem is that I DID have access to the names as I did register them - but without any notification or contact - the registrar simply removed 2 domains I registered from my account. That's what is pissing me off !!

Anyway - I will wait and hear back from the registrar with what they have to say about this.

Alex

Old 26th February 2013, 02:09 PM

bumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura aboutbumblebee man has a spectacular aura about

You can check the whois here:
http://whois.dotmasr.eg/

I guess, that's one of the reasons why I stayed away.

Yours Captain Hindsight
Old 26th February 2013, 02:10 PM

The other thing as well that I noticed is that both the domains that were taken out of my account were registered on the 10th January. I know the date is 100% correct as I have PMs sent to Muhammad on this day that I registered them. They were also added to my ParkingCrew account on the 11th January !!

But when I check them now on the whois, I see the following registration dates....

xn--mgbaam7a8b9co.xn--wgbh1c (العقارات.مصر) - Registration date - 21 January

xn--mgbay4ehip.xn--wgbh1c (الفنادق.مصر) - Registration date - 15 January

So both domains - even though registered by me on the 10th January - are now showing up with new registration dates !!!

Old 26th February 2013, 02:49 PM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexd View Post
The other thing as well that I noticed is that both the domains that were taken out of my account were registered on the 10th January. I know the date is 100% correct as I have PMs sent to Muhammad on this day that I registered them. They were also added to my ParkingCrew account on the 11th January !!

But when I check them now on the whois, I see the following registration dates....

xn--mgbaam7a8b9co.xn--wgbh1c (العقارات.مصر) - Registration date - 21 January

So both domains - even though registered by me on the 10th January - are now showing up with new registration dates !!!
You've been mugged. Plain and simple. Probably an inside job. Will you ever get them back? nope. will you ever get an explanation. nope.
Old 26th February 2013, 03:06 PM

squirrel is a name known to all
squirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by domainguru View Post
You've been mugged. Plain and simple. Probably an inside job. Will you ever get them back? nope. will you ever get an explanation. nope.
Looks like it.

Is there any citizenship requirements to register .مصر ?
Old 26th February 2013, 10:40 PM

tee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enough

from 101domains.com, don't most cctlds have these sort of restrictions?

.eg Egyptian Domain Restrictions: Egyptian domain name registration, The applicant must be located in Egypt and have registered company of the same name in order to register .eg domain names. EW RULES: 1 -The domain holder has to be registered in Egypt or has a representative in Egypt. 2 - The domain name has to be related to the domain holder name and not a generic name. 3 - The domain name start with alphanumeric characters, must be minimum 3 characters and maximum 22 characters. 4 - Domain registration is based on a First Come, Fist Served. Official documents have to be attached according to the domain type: a- For .com domains : A copy of legal documents are required (Commercial registration license)
Old 27th February 2013, 12:19 AM

Glasson is an unknown quantity at this point

It means keep track of all documents that are in the transactions section at registrar bil3araby.net
Old 27th February 2013, 01:01 AM

DktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

I am no expert in Arabic but i do see a Canadian zip code on this one. may not be an inside job.
Old 27th February 2013, 07:59 AM

Muhammad Mustafa will become famous soon enoughMuhammad Mustafa will become famous soon enoughMuhammad Mustafa will become famous soon enoughMuhammad Mustafa will become famous soon enoughMuhammad Mustafa will become famous soon enoughMuhammad Mustafa will become famous soon enoughMuhammad Mustafa will become famous soon enough

very strange!

I've checked my PMs too, and as Alex said, we talked about these domains in Jan 10 where he told me he grabbed all 5 domains we talked about, checked them now and it seems like 2 out of 5 are no more held by him, but too noticed:
Domain 1: Creation Date Jan 10, Owner Alex
Domain 2: Creation Date Jan 10, Owner Alex
Domain 3: Creation Date Jan 22, Owner Alex!!
Domain 4: Creation Date Jan 15, Owner Someone else (Stewart Club from Canada, this should be someone here I believe?!)
Domain 5: Creation Date Jan 21, Owner Someone else (Mohamed Adel from Egypt?!)

So, even though all been regged by Alex in the same day, 2 is now held by someone else with different creation date! while another one still held by Alex but registration date changed too?!
Don't know how this could have happened, but I'd believe its not an inside job as well, anyway, I'll try to help, check your PM Alex, I'll try and give them a call

Last edited by Muhammad Mustafa; 27th February 2013 at 08:00 AM..
Old 27th February 2013, 10:04 AM

123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road

where can one reg .egypt idns?
Old 27th February 2013, 10:58 AM

Muhammad Mustafa will become famous soon enoughMuhammad Mustafa will become famous soon enoughMuhammad Mustafa will become famous soon enoughMuhammad Mustafa will become famous soon enoughMuhammad Mustafa will become famous soon enoughMuhammad Mustafa will become famous soon enoughMuhammad Mustafa will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123 View Post
where can one reg .egypt idns?
https://register.bil3araby.net/
Old 27th February 2013, 02:55 PM

Jay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Has anyone else had any such problems with any IDN.Egypt domains that they registered ??
I'm with the same registrar. I've had a few names that showed as available at the time of purchase, but the transaction was cancelled shortly afterwards (presumably because the names were blocked or reserved). The transactions still show up in my transaction list, but with a $0 charge.

Quote:
I DID register the domains, and they were in my account - as I then changed the DNS of the domains and pointed them to ParkingCrew. Unless I registered the domains and had access to them, how was I able to do this ??
I'm not sure if that means anything unless you see a change on the web server (i.e. a webpage that you authorised).

The thing that strikes me about your two missing domains is that the reg dates are quite recent. It sounds to me like there was a delay by the registrar in awarding them for whatever reason, but I really don't know. I'll be interested to hear what the reason is.

Last edited by Jay; 27th February 2013 at 02:56 PM..
Old 1st March 2013, 01:57 PM

Man is an unknown quantity at this point

Did they reply to you?
Old 3rd March 2013, 07:46 AM

clipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Now what is weird is that I have checked my domains at bil3araby.net, and in my domains section it shows me 6 domains. However, in my transactions section, it shows 8 transactions.
In the transaction section, when you click on the individual transaction links, what do you see?

I see four transactions:
Quote:
3492201582013-01-10 EST Credit Card success 200.00 EGP [link] [pdf]
3492201592013-01-11 EST Credit Card success 100.00 EGP [link] [pdf]
3492201802013-01-12 EST Credit Card success 200.00 EGP [link] [pdf]
3492202402013-01-15 EST Credit Card success 100.00 EGP [link] [pdf]
When I click on the transactions, the third one that is bold is totally blank. No domains listed, though I know that I had these domains in my account when I posted them on this forum on 1/12.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
It sounds to me like there was a delay by the registrar in awarding them for whatever reason, but I really don't know. I'll be interested to hear what the reason is.
I think this is what happened, as I lost one of my domains, which is now regged to a member here since 1/15, three days after my "blank transaction."

Have to check my card to see if this was actually charged.

I don't trust .eg or Link Datacenter.
Old 3rd March 2013, 07:35 PM

Man is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't feel safe anymore
Would you please let us know what's going on in details?!
Old 4th March 2013, 03:50 PM

Clipper, Alexd: any update on this?
Old 4th March 2013, 05:26 PM

Sorry for the delay in getting back - they did reply to me and they simply said that during the checkout period - there was a problem - and that the domain registration did not go through properly.

One thing I noticed as well, is that I never received ANY emails for any of the domains that I registered. No email at all telling me that I have registered the domain - nothing !! Not sure why I didn't notice this when I was registering the domains.

Not sure how the domains then ended up in my account if this was the case. Like Clipper, I have now also seen a couple of transactions with no domain actually mentioned. I will try and go through my credit card statement and check whether or not the two purchases that they are telling me didn't go through were actually charged to my card or not.

As soon as I can confirm if I was charged or not, I'll let you know.

Alex

Old 4th March 2013, 06:15 PM

Jay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enough

Quote:
they did reply to me and they simply said that during the checkout period - there was a problem - and that the domain registration did not go through properly.
That's a bummer.

Quote:
One thing I noticed as well, is that I never received ANY emails for any of the domains that I registered.
They only started sending out confirmation emails from around the 13th for me, so I think it took them a few days to get their act together.