IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th February 2013, 07:18 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Changes at Parking Crew?

Something happened.

Clicks dropped like a stone.

Did they change the upstream provider or something else going on?

I guess we will know tomorrow if it is good or bad.
Old 27th February 2013, 08:06 AM
Veteran

gammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished road
Re: Changes at Parking Crew?

Yes, I noticed that too, for Monday and Tuesday, about 35% of normal
Old 27th February 2013, 02:32 PM

blackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enough

True here as well. I am thinking about going back to sedo
Old 27th February 2013, 02:35 PM
Veteran

Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpower View Post
True here as well. I am thinking about going back to sedo
Well, to start with you cannot be Thinking to take such a course of action.

And I would suggest you wait until Revenues are declared. More Clicks rarely equates to more Money.
Old 27th February 2013, 03:17 PM

Rockruler is an unknown quantity at this pointRockruler is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah... I would stay away from Sedo IMO.
Old 27th February 2013, 04:40 PM

seesawgame will become famous soon enoughseesawgame will become famous soon enoughseesawgame will become famous soon enoughseesawgame will become famous soon enoughseesawgame will become famous soon enoughseesawgame will become famous soon enoughseesawgame will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to seesawgame Send a message via Yahoo to seesawgame

I suggest this parking
My Revenue past 60 days
Avg. RPC $0.23
CTR 11.73%
Old 27th February 2013, 04:42 PM

Rockruler is an unknown quantity at this pointRockruler is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, I was wondering about RookMedia... any others with experience there? How are diff languages handled?
Old 27th February 2013, 06:02 PM

squirrel is a name known to all
squirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to all

Their UI is not the best.

No punycode, + no way to know what was being paid to you and when unless you go digging in your paypal account.

I've tested a few Chinese domains that had lots of traffic and very little CPC at ParkingCrew and they performed better at Rook. Like .05 cpc instead of .002CPC
Old 27th February 2013, 06:10 PM

squirrel is a name known to all
squirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to all

Sorry I meant to say no unicode
Old 27th February 2013, 07:53 PM

interesting...
Old 28th February 2013, 12:47 PM

ParkingCrew is on a distinguished roadParkingCrew is on a distinguished roadParkingCrew is on a distinguished roadParkingCrew is on a distinguished roadParkingCrew is on a distinguished roadParkingCrew is on a distinguished road

Hi Guys,

thanks a lot for pointing this out. We are investigating this at present. We were testing some new features from our upstream feed provider which system-wide had positive effects. Let me investigate if they had issues with IDN domains.

Cheers
ParkingCrew Support
Old 28th February 2013, 12:49 PM

ParkingCrew is on a distinguished roadParkingCrew is on a distinguished roadParkingCrew is on a distinguished roadParkingCrew is on a distinguished roadParkingCrew is on a distinguished roadParkingCrew is on a distinguished road

Hi Guys,

could you do me a favour and PM me your usernames so I know which accounts to look into?

Cheers
ParkingCrew Support
Old 28th February 2013, 02:37 PM

So we seem to be narrowing in on the issue. Thanks a lot for the help Rubber Duck.

For those of you that have seen overall CTRs decline, can you either let me know your username or check if the drop only came from blocked domains (go to your folder blocked and go to daily).

Looks like this only affected russian IDN domains that are blocked by our upstream feed provider. Seems like we have had a 2nd tier buyer of that traffic that recently paused his campaign.

We are working to bring him back on board.

Cheers
ParkingCrew Support
Old 6th March 2013, 09:34 AM

JamesD is an unknown quantity at this pointJamesD is an unknown quantity at this pointJamesD is an unknown quantity at this pointJamesD is an unknown quantity at this point

Any update?
Old 6th March 2013, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesD View Post
Any update?
Hi James,

the accounts that we checked were all affected by a russian advertiser pausing his campaign. These accounts had a lot of russian blocked IDN traffic and the value of that traffic went down when the advertiser paused his campaign. We are trying hard to win him back but he said he was loosing money on this campaign :-(

Cheers
ParkingCrew Support
Old 6th March 2013, 11:37 AM
Veteran

Which is kind of odd because he was scooping some of the cheapest traffic on the Planet.

If he cannot afford those prices then his business model is completely screwed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkingCrew View Post
Hi James,

the accounts that we checked were all affected by a russian advertiser pausing his campaign. These accounts had a lot of russian blocked IDN traffic and the value of that traffic went down when the advertiser paused his campaign. We are trying hard to win him back but he said he was loosing money on this campaign :-(

Cheers
ParkingCrew Support
Old 6th March 2013, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck View Post
Which is kind of odd because he was scooping some of the cheapest traffic on the Planet.

If he cannot afford those prices then his business model is completely screwed.
I entirely agree and would love to have better news for you on this end.

The problem with russian traffic is:

-if our main upstream feed provider doesn't monetize it we have to fall back to 2nd tier and direct advertisers

-we spoke to yandex numerous times and they don't show interest in domain parking or syndication so far :-(

-other tier 2 feeds have no coverage whatsoever for russia

-direct advertiser spend and coverage fluctuates widely :-(

Cheers
ParkingCrew Support
Old 6th March 2013, 12:48 PM
Veteran

Not really complaining, just pointing out that the loss is hardly any loss at all and we are really at zero for Russia.

Arabs seem to be putting them to shame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkingCrew View Post
I entirely agree and would love to have better news for you on this end.

The problem with russian traffic is:

-if our main upstream feed provider doesn't monetize it we have to fall back to 2nd tier and direct advertisers

-we spoke to yandex numerous times and they don't show interest in domain parking or syndication so far :-(

-other tier 2 feeds have no coverage whatsoever for russia

-direct advertiser spend and coverage fluctuates widely :-(

Cheers
ParkingCrew Support
Old 6th March 2013, 12:50 PM

No worries at all. Didn't take it as a complaint but as an encouragement to work even harder on these direct advertisers :-)
Old 7th March 2013, 03:22 AM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about

I would imagine traffic is cheap in Russia because of widespread ..... how can I say this .... not "click fraud" but "people working on the net from home"