IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th March 2013, 08:26 AM

alibuba is on a distinguished roadalibuba is on a distinguished roadalibuba is on a distinguished roadalibuba is on a distinguished roadalibuba is on a distinguished roadalibuba is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to alibuba
Parking Crew Account Blocked Due to Nature of Traffic?

I know someone from Parking Crew is here. Why did i receive this below. Nothing is wrong with my traffic and i can not even log in to contact you guys. Cant respond to the email.

Anyone else get this?

"Dear,

we are sorry to inform you that your account with ParkingCrew has been blocked. This is most likely due to the nature of your traffic. Please refer to our General Terms and Conditions for acceptable traffic sources.

Best Regards

Your ParkingCrew.com Support
Old 12th March 2013, 02:22 PM

tee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enough
Re: Parking Crew Account Blocked Due to Nature of Traffic?

your whole account or just a domain(s)? because i have a couple of domains that are blocked but that is due to the upstream provider or so I am told

can you login?
Old 12th March 2013, 03:10 PM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about

Sounds like the account is completely blocked. Never heard of Parking Crew doing that before.

Two parking companies have done that to me before, and also never paid me the balance, nor gave me any explanation. Needless to say, I would never work with them again, especially as I never did anything wrong.

If PC want to keep their reputation intact, I think they need to at least explain the reason for this shut-down ...... *nothing* is as bad as "vague communication", any customer will tell you that.

If the client has broken any T&C, tell them which ones for what names - don't just give out generalities and lock accounts down. There really isn't anything worse, honestly.
Old 12th March 2013, 03:32 PM

Rockruler is an unknown quantity at this pointRockruler is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by domainguru View Post

If the client has broken any T&C, tell them which ones for what names - don't just give out generalities and lock accounts down. There really isn't anything worse, honestly.
Agreed. Will be interesting to hear PC's take on this...
Old 13th March 2013, 01:04 AM

alibuba is on a distinguished roadalibuba is on a distinguished roadalibuba is on a distinguished roadalibuba is on a distinguished roadalibuba is on a distinguished roadalibuba is on a distinguished road

Yes and i want to make this public for them. Explain PC. My whole account is locked out. Got to be some sort of accident. My traffic is not out of order.
Old 15th March 2013, 04:51 PM

our traffic quality team does not disclose the fraud indicators. GTCs are general terms and conditions.

Unforunately, our traffic quality team does not wish to monetize your traffic in the future.

Cheers
ParkingCrew.com Support
support@parkingcrew.com

Thanks PC. Anyone else encounter this?? wtf have i done to be blocked? Nothing !
Old 15th March 2013, 06:11 PM

squirrel is a name known to all
squirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to all

Do you know where your traffic is from ? I ask because lots of people don't, they just park their domain and forget it
Old 15th March 2013, 07:03 PM

Its about the fraud bit that bugs me..
Old 15th March 2013, 08:10 PM

You are 100 percent correct. No balance paid no reason and they should not resolve in this manner. No communication as well.

Never will i use ParkingCrew.com again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by domainguru View Post
Sounds like the account is completely blocked. Never heard of Parking Crew doing that before.

Two parking companies have done that to me before, and also never paid me the balance, nor gave me any explanation. Needless to say, I would never work with them again, especially as I never did anything wrong.

If PC want to keep their reputation intact, I think they need to at least explain the reason for this shut-down ...... *nothing* is as bad as "vague communication", any customer will tell you that.

Old 16th March 2013, 05:58 AM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about

I understand your feelings and frustrations. Being accused of fraud, having payments withheld, and done nothing wrong. Its happened to me, twice.

Its like being found guilty of a crime without there being a court case.

What can you do? Nothing.

What should parking companies do? Leave out the "fraud" word for a start, because its nasty and accusative, and often times completely wrong. We all make mistakes, and that includes parking companies, and the nameless company further up the chain. I have several Thai names banned from G parking for no reason whatsoever. Will they ever explain why they are banned? No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And if they never explain, how can any of us learn what we did "wrong" if anything?

What are they scared of revealing? Probably just scared that at least half the time their fraud detectors are a load of bollocks.

Its a freaking disgrace.

PC: you are a great responsive company in normal circumstances. If you start shutting down IDN accounts "willy nilly" and withholding payments, then I for one will move my business elsewhere, I don't care if you sometimes pay a bit more out for some names. There are always alternatives. Please treat your customers with respect.
Old 18th March 2013, 06:27 PM

Muhammad Mustafa will become famous soon enoughMuhammad Mustafa will become famous soon enoughMuhammad Mustafa will become famous soon enoughMuhammad Mustafa will become famous soon enoughMuhammad Mustafa will become famous soon enoughMuhammad Mustafa will become famous soon enoughMuhammad Mustafa will become famous soon enough

I had a similar experiences with PC here, but I was mistaken, so I believe Ali should contact them too to see what's wrong and fix it!

For me, I received the same message without knowing what's wrong, I sent their support a message asking what's wrong (support "at" parkingcrew [dot] com) and pointed out what was wrong, it took like 30-40 hours before they re-activate my account and everything is OK since then, give it a try with them man and they'll take care of you, I believe...
Old 21st March 2013, 07:20 PM

They finally got back which i thank whoever responded over there. Thanks for that but you guys still suck and also this reason makes me judge how they state about paying more out to customers when this happened to me.

Also anyone know what is a clawback and why it happens and how a provider can take back that much, ive never heard this. 90 percent is almost all income from them and they just take it back? So easy for them?

"The fact that our upstream provider clawbacked 90% of your revenues resulted in the deactivation of your account. I asked if they are willing to reopen your account, but their decision is final. I am sorry to have no better news."
Old 21st March 2013, 08:25 PM

squirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to all

A clawback is when Google decides unilaterally that the traffic quality was too low and therefore wants its money back. To my knowledge parking providers cannot do anything when a clawback occurs. They just pay and seek a reimbursment from the client. However the decision to ban you altogether is a bit of a surprise to me. It seems from your last post that you are banned at the Google level and not just from PC. I hope it's not the case for you ( see http://www.idnforums.com/forums/3343...her-again.html )
Old 21st March 2013, 08:35 PM

Fka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enough

The scary part is that a lot of IDNs--premium generics--that I've been running into have been banned by G with parking.

When they start doing the contact stuff, I believe this is going to be a really big issue. I have about 40-50 domains that are blocked by G on 2nd tier... out of my portfolio, not that big of a deal, but it seems like more and more and getting the ban hammer. Afraid of a full 'Google Ban'.
Old 21st March 2013, 09:29 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

I think there are two problems at play here.

1) Google has big weaknesses in its Algorithms which mis-match IDN traffic with Advertisers. IDN owners incorrectly get the blame and Google is not accountable, so indescriminately bans them.

2) Google is under constant attack from scammers with worthless names with manufactured traffic and is often genuinely the injured party.

The big problem is that their precious Algorithms are so weak they haven't got a clue how to correctly differentiate.

Their answer appears to be more info on parking Clients, i.e. US. I guess it is just possible that this will improve matters, but like most here I am nervous.

It is also likely that New gTLD are forcing a rethink, and it may be that this will increase IDN awareness especially as it threatens to be a booming sector.

Last edited by Rubber Duck; 21st March 2013 at 09:31 PM..
Old 21st March 2013, 11:36 PM

Fka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enough

I e-mailed them about this a couple months back, especially when we had that issue with Namedrive.

They don't care at all. I am hoping they will soon be forced to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck View Post
I think there are two problems at play here.

1) Google has big weaknesses in its Algorithms which mis-match IDN traffic with Advertisers. IDN owners incorrectly get the blame and Google is not accountable, so indescriminately bans them.

2) Google is under constant attack from scammers with worthless names with manufactured traffic and is often genuinely the injured party.

The big problem is that their precious Algorithms are so weak they haven't got a clue how to correctly differentiate.

Their answer appears to be more info on parking Clients, i.e. US. I guess it is just possible that this will improve matters, but like most here I am nervous.

It is also likely that New gTLD are forcing a rethink, and it may be that this will increase IDN awareness especially as it threatens to be a booming sector.
Old 22nd March 2013, 12:27 AM

Who are you referring to FKa ? Google or the parking co ?
Old 22nd March 2013, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
Who are you referring to FKa ? Google or the parking co ?
Should've been more clear... I e-mailed Google and tried to contact various people regarding the matter. Had some names blocked that just flat out did not make any damn sense. No budging whatsoever.
Old 22nd March 2013, 01:09 AM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

Google only speaks to people that have the power to ruin their party.