IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | idntools | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Talk > Idners Clubhouse

Idners Clubhouse Idners Clubhouse is the place to hang out & chill when you just feel you've searched for IDN Domains a tad too much. General offtopic conversation. Please don't post SPAM here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th May 2017, 04:01 PM

123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road
Re: Bitcoins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fka200 View Post
Right now I am highly interested in SiaCoin and Golem. Really interesting coins.

Fun stuff -- we'd own the world if we spent our cash on BTC instead of IDNs
in the past years there have been still massive gains in other cryptos if you got in Sia early two years ago you would have made 200 times your investment I think. That could be more than what you might have got if IDNs had taken off.

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/siacoin/

Maybe it is not too late. Cryptos are not mainstream yet. There could be still some opportunities left.

Do you know of a source that is tracking upcoming crypto launches?

if there is a promising one I might bet a modest amount. Possible ROI is just much higher and faster compared to domains. One needs to avoid fakes and scams though.
Old 25th May 2017, 02:58 PM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fka200 View Post
Fun stuff -- we'd own the world if we spent our cash on BTC instead of IDNs
Our gurus in here always said BTC was a scam...
Old 25th May 2017, 03:42 PM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123 View Post
in the past years there have been still massive gains in other cryptos if you got in Sia early two years ago you would have made 200 times your investment I think. That could be more than what you might have got if IDNs had taken off.

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/siacoin/

Maybe it is not too late. Cryptos are not mainstream yet. There could be still some opportunities left.

Do you know of a source that is tracking upcoming crypto launches?

if there is a promising one I might bet a modest amount. Possible ROI is just much higher and faster compared to domains. One needs to avoid fakes and scams though.

PepeCash and Dogecoin and my favorites!
Old 25th May 2017, 04:01 PM

Fka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose View Post
lol I wish I was a part of that scam! I had .87cents in parking earnings yesterday.

I actually remember the several threads about selling our IDNs and jumping into stocks and crypto.

I'm still a bit of a moonie. I don't regret IDNs, I just can't for the life of me
figure out how to monetize the traffic.
Old 25th May 2017, 04:01 PM

Fka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
PepeCash and Dogecoin and my favorites!
Literally working on recovering my 2014 Doge wallet right now
Old 4th August 2017, 11:05 AM

htmlindex is on a distinguished roadhtmlindex is on a distinguished roadhtmlindex is on a distinguished roadhtmlindex is on a distinguished roadhtmlindex is on a distinguished roadhtmlindex is on a distinguished road

Been looking into Bitcoin and other Altcoins over the past week. Wish I came across this thread 4 years ago! I never ventured into the "IDN Talk" section of this forum before. Some of you guys here must be quite wealthy now with your Bitcoin investments, congrats!

Are any of you early in some cheap Altcoins that you think shows great potential to provide a parabolic move down the track due to the quality of the tech & people behind it? I'd be interested in researching more into some quality Altcoins. Now there are just too many of them out there with a lot of Scamcoins.

Also, any recommendation on which exchanges are good for a non-US, non-Canada, non-EU person to buy Bitcoin & other Altcoins? Seems that to be able to buy Altcoins you need Bitcoin or Ethereum to convert into one of the Altcoins. You can't just buy them with fiat currency.

Last edited by htmlindex; 4th August 2017 at 11:09 AM..
Old 5th August 2017, 04:50 PM

123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by htmlindex View Post
Been looking into Bitcoin and other Altcoins over the past week. Wish I came across this thread 4 years ago! I never ventured into the "IDN Talk" section of this forum before. Some of you guys here must be quite wealthy now with your Bitcoin investments, congrats!

Are any of you early in some cheap Altcoins that you think shows great potential to provide a parabolic move down the track due to the quality of the tech & people behind it? I'd be interested in researching more into some quality Altcoins. Now there are just too many of them out there with a lot of Scamcoins.

Also, any recommendation on which exchanges are good for a non-US, non-Canada, non-EU person to buy Bitcoin & other Altcoins? Seems that to be able to buy Altcoins you need Bitcoin or Ethereum to convert into one of the Altcoins. You can't just buy them with fiat currency.
there is no simple answer.

it really depends on what altcoins you want and how you want to trade.

the most popular exchanges are poloniex,coinbase,bitfinex,kraken and bittrex for smaller altcoins.

buying BTC with fiat will usually require ID verification.

shapeshift.io is good but you can not trade fiat for crypto

Last edited by 123; 5th August 2017 at 05:10 PM..
Old 6th August 2017, 03:36 AM

Avtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the rough

My general investment theory is to buy things that people are not interested in at the time. Gold in 1999, for example, or bitcoin a couple of years ago, after the big crash.

In 2009, IDNs met this criterion: no one was interested in them. Unfortunately, that hasn't changed...

Avtal
Old 6th August 2017, 12:42 PM

htmlindex is on a distinguished roadhtmlindex is on a distinguished roadhtmlindex is on a distinguished roadhtmlindex is on a distinguished roadhtmlindex is on a distinguished roadhtmlindex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123 View Post
there is no simple answer.

it really depends on what altcoins you want and how you want to trade.

the most popular exchanges are poloniex,coinbase,bitfinex,kraken and bittrex for smaller altcoins.

buying BTC with fiat will usually require ID verification.

shapeshift.io is good but you can not trade fiat for crypto
I've been doing a lot of reading over the past few days. There's so much info to try and get your head around. Tons of altcoins out there. I'm thinking of a strategy of putting $100 each into some very tiny market cap altcoins and seeing how it goes over the next year or so. Hoping for some serious multibaggers on them, wait for the whales to give it a good pump lol. The only problem is which ones to get into and of course firstly buying some bitcoin. With bitcoin around the $3,200 mark now, I'm thinking about waiting until it retraces.
Old 6th August 2017, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by htmlindex View Post
I've been doing a lot of reading over the past few days. There's so much info to try and get your head around. Tons of altcoins out there. I'm thinking of a strategy of putting $100 each into some very tiny market cap altcoins and seeing how it goes over the next year or so. Hoping for some serious multibaggers on them, wait for the whales to give it a good pump lol. The only problem is which ones to get into and of course firstly buying some bitcoin. With bitcoin around the $3,200 mark now, I'm thinking about waiting until it retraces.
i can't predict the market moves so i won't give any investment advice. I wouldn't bet the farm right know because the market seems overvalued to me.

short-term trades are OK, long term really risky IMO.

I would invest some of the cash and keep maybe the other half and wait for a massive correction and buy quality alts with the other half.

there are always undervalued/overvalued assets in any market IMO.

right now many coins look overvalued to me.
Old 9th August 2017, 05:41 PM

sunsei21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to sunsei21 Send a message via Skype™ to sunsei21

Quote:
i'm not completely sold on cryptos yet but i will agree that there is a lot of money flowing into them for better or worse . IDNs not so much