IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Talk > Idners Clubhouse

Idners Clubhouse Idners Clubhouse is the place to hang out & chill when you just feel you've searched for IDN Domains a tad too much. General offtopic conversation. Please don't post SPAM here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th April 2013, 04:55 PM

chrisofmel is on a distinguished roadchrisofmel is on a distinguished roadchrisofmel is on a distinguished roadchrisofmel is on a distinguished roadchrisofmel is on a distinguished roadchrisofmel is on a distinguished road
Re: Bitcoins

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123 View Post
this is wishful thinking... buy when no one else is buying(IDNs). now that the mainstream media is all over it it is probably too late already. maybe if you get lucky it will become a mega bubble and you will still make money but at this point it's just a gamble with unknown outcome. a small bet isn't wrong here but is just gambling not investment. it's more promising than facebook stock though.

but this kind of bubble behaviour is really interesting to watch, who knows where it will end?
its over due for a pull back
Old 9th April 2013, 09:23 PM

chrisofmel is on a distinguished roadchrisofmel is on a distinguished roadchrisofmel is on a distinguished roadchrisofmel is on a distinguished roadchrisofmel is on a distinguished roadchrisofmel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcle View Post
Anyone else want to buy BTC or LTC?

PM me.

Funny, and it was only $2 when I first wanted to sell domains for it. lol.

Edit:
Now I'd rather invest in crypto than domains.... Crypto has made me far more coin.
scarle, please check your pm box thanks
Old 10th April 2013, 12:20 AM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by domainguru View Post
I hear that. You can keep your LTC though
You'll wish you had some when they hit gox this month.... Just sayin'

Quote:
scarle, please check your pm box thanks
Sorry been out and about today.. Just got back. It's nice when something you invest in finally pays off. Checking now.
Old 10th April 2013, 12:27 AM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough

BTW, I only have 10 BTC left that I'm willing to sell out of my portfolio. I'm holding my LTC right now as they are about to go mainstream.

Cheers!

Edit: I'm sold out of what I'm willing to sell ATM. Let's see how this goes by the end of the month.

My predictions:

LTC will go to $20 easy as soon as it hits gox.
BTC will go to $500 by mid year.

Guess we'll see....

Cheers all.

Last edited by sarcle; 10th April 2013 at 01:08 AM..
Old 10th April 2013, 02:18 AM

Sold a few more btc than I wanted to. Friends... Damn... Good luck all.
Old 10th April 2013, 02:40 AM

squirrel is a name known to all
squirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to all

how liquid is it. Say you have 50K worth of BTC, can you cash 'em in a day or would you need to spread the transaction over several days ??
Old 10th April 2013, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
how liquid is it. Say you have 50K worth of BTC, can you cash 'em in a day or would you need to spread the transaction over several days ??
You could cash-in 50k in a few seconds on Gox. Without affecting price to boot. It's that liquid.

Last edited by sarcle; 10th April 2013 at 02:46 AM..
Old 10th April 2013, 02:52 AM

squirrel is a name known to all
squirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to all

impressive.
Old 10th April 2013, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
impressive.
edit... don't really want what I just said in this post logged.

Cheers.

Last edited by sarcle; 10th April 2013 at 03:04 AM..
Old 10th April 2013, 05:28 AM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
BTW, I only have 10 BTC left that I'm willing to sell out of my portfolio. I'm holding my LTC right now as they are about to go mainstream.

Cheers!

Edit: I'm sold out of what I'm willing to sell ATM. Let's see how this goes by the end of the month.

My predictions:

LTC will go to $20 easy as soon as it hits gox.
BTC will go to $500 by mid year.

Guess we'll see....

Cheers all.
I didn't know Gox were starting to do LTC soon. Good info. I certainly wouldn't mind (mine?) a few hundred as further diversification, just I know little at the moment about litecoins.

We're certainly in a bubble, but the bubble could last a long while yet. There's a law that states the usefulness of a network is equal to the square of the the number of people using the network. So the more people get involved in bitcoins, the utility of the bitcoin "network" is squared. That's what is exciting to me. That bitcoins are starting to really become useful, and the network size increases by thousands every day.

"Network bubbles" can turn into long-term wealth, so long as they provide a valuable service. I do believe bitcoins and other alt currencies have amazingly useful properties that will deliver such value over time.
Old 10th April 2013, 05:30 AM

Quote:
"Network bubbles" can turn into long-term wealth, so long as they provide a valuable service. I do believe bitcoins and other alt currencies have amazingly useful properties that will deliver such value over time.
As long as you can buy drugs and women with them they will have value. Both of which are for sale for ltc and btc on the internet.

Cheers!
Old 10th April 2013, 05:37 AM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about

You can buy drugs with bitcoins? Honestly, had no idea. Time to sell ;-D
Old 10th April 2013, 05:46 AM

Quote:
You can buy drugs with bitcoins? Honestly, had no idea. Time to sell ;-D
For about 4 years now... Jeez, where have you been?
Old 10th April 2013, 05:56 AM

Quote:
For about 4 years now... Jeez, where have you been?
Sorry bro, was messin' with ya I have heard of nefarious activities going down with bitcoins, something to do with onions a friend told me.
Old 10th April 2013, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Sorry bro, was messin' with ya I have heard of nefarious activities going down with bitcoins, something to do with onions a friend told me.
Lol, I knew you had been huffin' the .onion for too long... That's how you knew about them!

Cheers mate!
Old 10th April 2013, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Lol, I knew you had been huffin' the .onion for too long... That's how you knew about them!

Cheers mate!
Your words not mine. I'm taking the 5th.

I am intrigued by your other idea of "paying for women" with bitcoins though. If you attempted such a transaction today in Thailand you would undoubtedly have your wong cut off. And no, I'm not trying it, even in the name of research. My wong is very valuable because of its rarity.

Give it a couple of years though. You know girls love to keep all their secrets locked up in their smartphones. Ideal bitcoin users.
Old 10th April 2013, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Your words not mine. I'm taking the 5th.

I am intrigued by your other idea of "paying for women" with bitcoins though. If you attempted such a transaction today in Thailand you would undoubtedly have your wong cut off. And no, I'm not trying it, even in the name of research. My wong is very valuable because of its rarity.

Give it a couple of years though. You know girls love to keep all their secrets locked up in their smartphones. Ideal bitcoin users.
Dude, you can hire contract killers for btc/ltc. Test your wong for science! Let us all know how that goes!

Though I have to admit when btc blew past $100 I dabbled in it's "pleasures". Damn it!!!!
Old 10th April 2013, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Dude, you can hire contract killers for btc/ltc. Test your wong for science! Let us all know how that goes!

Though I have to admit when btc blew past $100 I dabbled in it's "pleasures". Damn it!!!!
And now you are getting double the pleasure

I'll save my contract killer comment for a PM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10th April 2013, 09:00 AM

Quote:
And now you are getting double the pleasure
Yeah, kinda like the gum only less fulfilling since I sold at half. Still though photo your wong for btc and post it for science!!!! Your wife will understand. If she doesn't there is always a contract killer for hire for btc/ltc.

Quote:
I'll save my contract killer comment for a PM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
holy jesus that was an awesome story! You should share that with everyone! Seriously dude. If I didn't know you from here, I would not believe it!
Old 10th April 2013, 09:33 AM

Ben has a spectacular aura aboutBen has a spectacular aura aboutBen has a spectacular aura aboutBen has a spectacular aura aboutBen has a spectacular aura aboutBen has a spectacular aura aboutBen has a spectacular aura aboutBen has a spectacular aura aboutBen has a spectacular aura aboutBen has a spectacular aura about

Anyone else selling BTC?