IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names

IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names (http://www.idnforums.com/forums/)
-   IDN Domain Name Parking (http://www.idnforums.com/forums/idn-domain-name-parking/)
-   -   Migrating your domains to the new Bodis marketplace (http://www.idnforums.com/forums/33669-migrating-your-domains-to-the-new-bodis-marketplace.html)

TrafficDomainer 15th May 2013 04:34 AM

Migrating your domains to the new Bodis marketplace
 
Just got this from Bodis. They are ending the Sales Inquiry System and wants a 5% cut for each sale from June 1st. Perhaps time to move to Parking Crew?

Migrating your domains to the new Bodis marketplace
Inbox
x


Bodis.com Auto-Notification <autonotification@bodis.com>
7:34 PM (1 hour ago)

Recently you should have received an email from us announcing the launch of the new Bodis marketplace. As a result of our launch we will be migrating all domain names listed for sale on our platform to our new fixed-price marketplace system.

What this means is that domains that are currently listed for sale via an inquiry form, will be migrated to our checkout form where buyers can instantly pay for a domain name. This will help you greatly increase your chances of generating a hassle free sale!

In order to migrate your domains, we ask that you please log into your Bodis account, and set a price for the domains you wish to sell via the Manage Domains page. As soon as you set a fixed price for your domains, they will be listed on our secure marketplace platform.

The deadline for setting sale prices on your domains is June 1st. After June 1st, any domains that used to be listed for sale via the inquiry form, will no longer be listed for sale as the inquiry form will not be supported after the June 1st deadline.


*******

We ask that you please update your domains without delay so that you can avoid any potential sales losses as a result of not updating your domain prices by the June 1st deadline. Thank you.

*******


We hope this new system improves your domain sales and makes your life a lot easier without having to deal with buyers directly. Thank you!


Sincerely,
Bodis Team
"Our domain is your domains"


Please NOTE: This is an automated email. Please do NOT respond to this email. For any questions or concerns, please contact us directly at support@bodis.com

123 15th May 2013 09:09 AM

Re: Migrating your domains to the new Bodis marketplace
 
Quote:

Just got this from Bodis. They are ending the Sales Inquiry System and wants a 5% cut for each sale from June 1st. Perhaps time to move to Parking Crew?
agree

mdw 16th May 2013 01:53 AM

Re: Migrating your domains to the new Bodis marketplace
 
I wrote back and told them I did not want to list all at fixed BIN prices and, as they say, "avoid the hassle of negotiating" or avoid dealing with buyers

I only have ASCII domains here though, since my IDN seem to do better at ND

domainguru 16th May 2013 02:54 AM

Re: Migrating your domains to the new Bodis marketplace
 
Well, they've bet their house on using NamePros to get traffic / names to sell at their new sales platform, and they've completely ignored the parking program for the last 18 months.

Sounds like they are going to lose their house. You have to worry about the sanity of anyone that would buy NamePros for a start :no:

Wot 16th May 2013 03:37 AM

Re: Migrating your domains to the new Bodis marketplace
 
Still only showing as Punycode ( mine anyway) despite being told a year ago they were addressing the issue?

Rubber Duck 16th May 2013 03:48 AM

Re: Migrating your domains to the new Bodis marketplace
 
So I don't need to do anything then? :confused:

123 16th May 2013 07:13 AM

Re: Migrating your domains to the new Bodis marketplace
 
Quote:

We hope this new system improves your domain sales and makes your life a lot easier without having to deal with buyers directly. Thank you!
this System is only convenient if one has a lot of crap domains.

domainguru 16th May 2013 08:05 AM

Re: Migrating your domains to the new Bodis marketplace
 
Quote:

We hope this new system improves your domain sales and makes your life a lot easier without having to deal with buyers directly. Thank you!
Quote:

Originally Posted by 123 (Bericht 214361)
this System is only convenient if one has a lot of crap domains.

lol. Not dealing with buyers. That's highly convenient, a real time saver indeed, not have to deal with those pesky annoying buyers.

You have to engage (not in the marital sense) potential buyers, not do everything possible to ignore them. Would you trust some customer support idiot at Bodis / Sedo / Afternic to handle a deal. Try it. See how many IDNs you sell in Asia.

Moron alert.

Rubber Duck 16th May 2013 08:37 AM

Re: Migrating your domains to the new Bodis marketplace
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by domainguru (Bericht 214362)
Moron alert.

Superfluous.

In this Industry it is presumptive until proven otherwise.

123 16th May 2013 09:05 AM

Re: Migrating your domains to the new Bodis marketplace
 
Quote:

"Our domain is your domains"
Yes!!!

i think they mean it. It's not just a slogan. They want to own 5% of your domains parked at bodis. THAT is what they want.

Quote:

We ask that you please update your domains without delay so that you can avoid any potential sales losses as a result of not updating your domain prices by the June 1st deadline. Thank you.
I think they meant:

Quote:

please update your domains without delay so that WE can avoid any potential sales losses
Quote:

You have to worry about the sanity of anyone that would buy NamePros for a start
I think NP was sold for 200k. That is not much if you consider the fact that established forums often go for at least a few years of revenue.

if NP makes 4k a month = 48k/year = 240k /5 years. From that you could tell that either it was sold at a very low multiple or that it isn't making much money. I suspect the latter.

domainguru 17th May 2013 02:39 AM

Re: Migrating your domains to the new Bodis marketplace
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 123 (Bericht 214366)
Yes!!!

i think they mean it. It's not just a slogan. They want to own 5% of your domains parked at bodis. THAT is what they want.



I think they meant:





I think NP was sold for 200k. That is not much if you consider the fact that established forums often go for at least a few years of revenue.

if NP makes 4k a month = 48k/year = 240k /5 years. From that you could tell that either it was sold at a very low multiple or that it isn't making much money. I suspect the latter.

They bought it for the user-base to sell their services to. But its completely de-focused their core service, parking. Where are all the upgrades promised 18 months ago? Nowhere. They've given up on parking.

So now they moved to 'generic domain sales platform' - just hope some NP regulars have much better names that the ones we got exposed to here else .... :no:

Rubber Duck 17th May 2013 05:13 AM

Re: Migrating your domains to the new Bodis marketplace
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by domainguru (Bericht 214382)
They bought it for the user-base to sell their services to. But its completely de-focused their core service, parking. Where are all the upgrades promised 18 months ago? Nowhere. They've given up on parking.

So now they moved to 'generic domain sales platform' - just hope some NP regulars have much better names that the ones we got exposed to here else .... :no:

Yeah, don't worry, they will have hung onto all their super-premium LLLLL.mobi. :lol:

domainguru 17th May 2013 02:04 PM

Re: Migrating your domains to the new Bodis marketplace
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubber Duck (Bericht 214383)
Yeah, don't worry, they will have hung onto all their super-premium LLLLL.mobi. :lol:

Yeah, that's what I'm worried about :lol:


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0
Copyright idnforums.com 2005


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54