IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th May 2013, 05:58 AM

chineseOWL is an unknown quantity at this point
Google algorithm Panda/Penguin update

Proud to say my live IDNs wasn't hit but surely improved ranking they are all EMD IDN's with high advertiser competition I will be keeping a close eye on those rankings anyone else check ranks often for IDN?
Old 29th May 2013, 01:17 AM

Avtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the rough
Re: Google algorithm Panda/Penguin update

Quote:
Originally Posted by chineseOWL View Post
Proud to say my live IDNs wasn't hit but surely improved ranking they are all EMD IDN's with high advertiser competition I will be keeping a close eye on those rankings anyone else check ranks often for IDN?
My EMD Russian IDN minisites are still about the same (a few do well in Google; most don't). But I don't know whether Panda/Penguin has been rolled out to non-English versions of Google.

Avtal
Old 29th May 2013, 06:50 AM

123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road

strangely i noticed a substantial improvement of traffic not sure if it will last or not. i decided to play by the rules and tried to avoid anything that almighty G might not like. so far the update seems to help with traffic *hint*

Last edited by 123; 29th May 2013 at 06:51 AM..
Old 29th May 2013, 12:29 PM

Avtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123 View Post
*hint*
?

Avtal
Old 29th May 2013, 04:47 PM

123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avtal View Post
?

Avtal
i meant i tried to adhere to the google rules and did not get involved in artificial linking campaigns etc. and the update does not seem to have hurt instead seemed to improve traffic. maybe the update is designed to hurt sites that did something wrong in google's eyes and this helps to understand what to do to avoid problems.
Old 30th May 2013, 03:19 AM

Ah, that makes sense. I put a few cross links between sites where appropriate; these seem to help rather than hurt.

It's fun to see a site rise to the top of the SERPs, but I have found that the sites with the largest numbers of visitors have the worst click-through ratios. It appears that visitors that arrive via Google search are less inclined to click on ads than those who arrive through type-ins.

Avtal