IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > Internationalized Domain Names > Internationalized Domain Name News

Internationalized Domain Name News Recent IDN related News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th July 2013, 07:35 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Re: Verisign confirms their IDN aliasing plans, hooray!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phio View Post
Time to start saving our nickels, congrats everyone!
No need. If you have a half reasonable portfolio, it will be a financial chain reaction. Simply reinvest the profits of one to activate the next. If the traffic is not there, then there is no point in proceeding.
Old 12th July 2013, 07:53 PM

IdnHost is on a distinguished roadIdnHost is on a distinguished roadIdnHost is on a distinguished roadIdnHost is on a distinguished roadIdnHost is on a distinguished roadIdnHost is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
alpha, it would be interesting to take a snapshot of the membership and see if this announcement and all future developments will bring many new faces

Can someone also post the Verisign link to domenforum
Its already posted there, just saw it a few minutes ago
Old 12th July 2013, 08:01 PM

123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road

now does this mean if i have IDN.com i am the only person who can register IDN.IDNcom for unlimited time ? or will i have to pay renewals TWICE in order to have both rights?
Old 12th July 2013, 08:14 PM

Rockruler is an unknown quantity at this pointRockruler is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123 View Post
now does this mean if i have IDN.com i am the only person who can register IDN.IDNcom for unlimited time ? or will i have to pay renewals TWICE in order to have both rights?
I dont think you will have to pay renewal fees if you choose not to activate IDN.IDNcom. Only if you want it to resolve.
Old 12th July 2013, 08:17 PM

squirrel is a name known to all
squirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to all

If anyone finds a copy of the letter referred to in VRSN's blog post and Domainincite article, please post it here. I would really like to read it.
Old 12th July 2013, 09:07 PM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice

Great news. Let's hope they put this to practice while the Internet still uses domain names.

I am not reading this anywhere, for us it's obvious they will all (idn.kom, idn.arabic) resolve to the same idn.com, right? I think they should write this on the PR's.
Old 12th July 2013, 09:20 PM

DktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura about

now if only PIR made some kind of announcement, let me know what i should do with my 3 .orgs, need to know if i should buy 3 more or drop the current 3 i got.
Old 12th July 2013, 09:30 PM

Rockruler is an unknown quantity at this pointRockruler is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose View Post
I am not reading this anywhere, for us it's obvious they will all (idn.kom, idn.arabic) resolve to the same idn.com, right? I think they should write this on the PR's.
They explain that in the usage cases on the circleid post Rubber Duck linked to.
Old 12th July 2013, 09:57 PM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhhisc View Post
It was just published by VeriSign this morning, probably 1/2 of the regulars were still asleep.
Yeah I get you. Notice in the blog though it says:

"Recently, Verisign announced details about our IDN.IDN implementation plans. "

Where did they do that? In a press release kept in locked vault?

Or perhaps privately to ICANN? But "announced" suggests "made public somehow". Clearly this blog is just a blog about the announcement not the announcement itself.

For the sake of history, it would be really nice to know where and when ICANN actually made the real announcement, I would like to put it as a news story on ThaiDomains.com if nothing else.
Old 12th July 2013, 10:13 PM

sbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enough

Finally a Verisign moment worthy to have a single malt scotch to toast...
Oban it is....( 3 pm West Coast a little earlier than usual....but fuck it.....)

To my IDN band of brothers...
7 years of Moonieism for me
12 years plus for others....

Cheers.....

s/
Old 12th July 2013, 10:30 PM

sbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enough

I wonder if the Russian domainers with all the dot RU and dot PO(idn's) know the brick went through the window today.

And if the dot gongsi (IDN) owners realize this is the final Verisign brick to the CNNIC window at IDN.com.cn finally confirmed....

dot gongsi finally really really really meaning dot Company in Chinese.....

almost makes want to toast a second whisky....(grin)

s/
Old 12th July 2013, 11:32 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck View Post
No need. If you have a half reasonable portfolio, it will be a financial chain reaction. Simply reinvest the profits of one to activate the next. If the traffic is not there, then there is no point in proceeding.
Exactly Pull out $100, pick your best 10 traffic domains, convert those over and watch the stats.
Old 12th July 2013, 11:41 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdnHost View Post
Its already posted there, just saw it a few minutes ago
Is it just me or is that forum chock full of spam?

Link please,
Old 13th July 2013, 12:54 AM
Administrator

Also note the timing - just prior to the start of the ICANN meeting in South Africa.

http://durban47.icann.org/
Old 13th July 2013, 01:08 AM

Wot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enough

I insist in retaing PIA status no matter wot!
Old 13th July 2013, 01:14 AM

IdnHost is on a distinguished roadIdnHost is on a distinguished roadIdnHost is on a distinguished roadIdnHost is on a distinguished roadIdnHost is on a distinguished roadIdnHost is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbert View Post
Is it just me or is that forum chock full of spam?

Link please,
http://domenforum.net/showthread.php?t=167019
Old 13th July 2013, 01:17 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DktoInc View Post
now if only PIR made some kind of announcement, let me know what i should do with my 3 .orgs, need to know if i should buy 3 more or drop the current 3 i got.
I suspect they'll just mirror what Verisign is doing.
Old 13th July 2013, 01:21 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdnHost View Post
The naysayers are strangely silent.
Old 13th July 2013, 01:23 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wot View Post
I insist in retaing PIA status no matter wot!
Join the queue. I'm holding your spot for you.
Old 13th July 2013, 02:33 AM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbe18 View Post
Finally a Verisign moment worthy to have a single malt scotch to toast...
Oban it is....( 3 pm West Coast a little earlier than usual....but fuck it.....)

To my IDN band of brothers...
7 years of Moonieism for me
12 years plus for others....

Cheers.....

s/
They say patience is a virtue, but there is patience and there is patience of a saint