IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th July 2013, 06:29 AM

Wot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enough
Investment opportunity?

http://sedo.com/auction/detail/¢.com/151254_e__

Great Domains?
Old 19th July 2013, 10:11 AM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough
Re: Investment opportunity?

Offer Description -

¢.com - The US's Junior Symbol of Currency in a Domain Name...

Included with this domain is the 'exact description' domain name, centsymbol.com. The two domains combined serve to create a viable financial identity that is uniquely potent and memorable.

You can use this identity for many types of US financial enterprise, and is particularly suited to uses that involve the following subject areas:

low cost
money-saving
99 cent type offers

How do you type in the ¢ symbol?
The ¢ key is not on standard US microsoft keyboards, however the ¢.com domain can be accessed by creating an intriguing 'challenge', which contains the ¢ symbol (as described on centsymbol.com) and the domain can be re-directed to any other domain name at will.

Alternatively, centsymbol.com could be the 'promoted' domain and ¢.com is the 'short' domain, that you can introduce site visitors/members to as they discover the site further.
Old 19th July 2013, 11:38 AM

123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road

it's a no brainer.

Bid: 3¢

the best of the description is:

Quote:
the ¢.com domain can be accessed by creating an intriguing 'challenge'
An intriguing challenge.

That is a great way to get fantastic advertising ROIs. Even when your potential clients badly want to find you most will not figure out how to.

Last edited by 123; 19th July 2013 at 11:45 AM..
Old 19th July 2013, 12:29 PM

ImageAuthors is an unknown quantity at this point

You know, it's visually appealing. If it were the dollar sign, I'd genuinely consider it a great domain -- very outside the box.

But the cent symbol is something I, as an American, don't even know how to produce on my keyboard. I'd have to look up key-stroke instructions online. And looking up instructions on how to write the name of a website maketh not a great domain.
Old 19th July 2013, 12:42 PM

Wot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImageAuthors View Post
You know, it's visually appealing. If it were the dollar sign, I'd genuinely consider it a great domain -- very outside the box.

But the cent symbol is something I, as an American, don't even know how to produce on my keyboard. I'd have to look up key-stroke instructions online. And looking up instructions on how to write the name of a website maketh not a great domain.
Old 19th July 2013, 12:49 PM

ImageAuthors is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wot View Post
centsymbol.com is awkward. If they owned cent.com or penny.com ... or pennies.net (shameless plug for my own domain!), then they'd have a memorable way to talk about and get to a website. Once there, they could display the cent symbol. But nobody wants to say to their friend, "Wow! I found this amazing site. You should check it out at centsymbol.com." They'd feel foolish just saying it.
Old 19th July 2013, 03:05 PM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImageAuthors View Post

Unicode tits are visually appealing but that isn't the first criteria for making a domain valuable. The first criteria is whether the unicode symbol is actually allowed in the domain:

For the $ symbol:

http://unicode.org/cldr/utility/idna.jsp?a=%24

Epic fail since IDN year dot.

So $.com its worth bugger all. ¢.com is worth exactly 1/100 of bugger all, which is considerably less than a cent.

But of course its on sale for Sedo and of course its got a shill bid. I predict a SnapNames-type scandal one day surrounding Sedo and their auction bids. There are more idiotic opening bids at Sedo than idiots on the entire planet.
Old 19th July 2013, 10:19 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

Maybe there's a blogger out there somewhere willing to expose SEDO for selling domains that contain illegal characters under IDNA2008?

Most of them would probably prefer to re-post the amazing results of SEDO auctions and drink the koolaid at SEDO sponsored outings rather than rock the boat.
Old 20th July 2013, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbert View Post
Maybe there's a blogger out there somewhere willing to expose SEDO for selling domains that contain illegal characters under IDNA2008?

Most of them would probably prefer to re-post the amazing results of SEDO auctions and drink the koolaid at SEDO sponsored outings rather than rock the boat.
Did. http://monikerblog.com/?p=840

If anybody has any further info or links I can use please let me know.
Old 20th July 2013, 01:30 AM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

I used to own a bunch of these, and €100.com 50¢.com and a few others would get good traffic.
Old 20th July 2013, 02:11 AM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastfromthepast View Post
I used to own a bunch of these, and €100.com 50¢.com and a few others would get good traffic.
Should have kept them
Old 20th July 2013, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domainguru View Post
Should have kept them
Could have put them on Great Domains auction.
Old 20th July 2013, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Almost certain to get one bid as well
Old 20th July 2013, 10:12 AM

http://sedo.com/fileadmin/images/rot...3-07_RB_US.jpg
Old 20th July 2013, 10:24 AM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

"Premium names only"

Search Everyone Demonstrating Onanism
Old 20th July 2013, 01:15 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Last edited by bwhhisc; 20th July 2013 at 01:17 PM..
Old 20th July 2013, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhhisc View Post

I've still got a contact at Sedo, I'm going to blast his ass from here to outer space
Old 20th July 2013, 02:23 PM

I've wrote to him asking the auction to be pulled. If he replies, I'll probably have to take it to the members section, unless Sedo are members here
Old 20th July 2013, 07:27 PM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I sold a few of them to someone on IDNf who is no longer posting here. Sorry!
Old 21st July 2013, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastfromthepast View Post
I sold a few of them to someone on IDNf who is no longer posting here. Sorry!

Could be the guy who has trouble with his caps lock.

http://www.namepros.com/legal-issues...ml#post4522737