IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | idntools | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > Internationalized Domain Names > Internationalized Domain Name News

Internationalized Domain Name News Recent IDN related News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th August 2013, 07:36 PM

IdnHost is on a distinguished roadIdnHost is on a distinguished roadIdnHost is on a distinguished roadIdnHost is on a distinguished roadIdnHost is on a distinguished roadIdnHost is on a distinguished road
.Web, .Free, and Geos Lead Domain Investors Choices on new gTLD’s

Ricks Blog Today.

"We will have 2 major groups initially. Investors and flippers. So you will have 1000 flippers flapping away. Don't get pissed. It is just a reality that is coming and you can see from the MOON!! Rubber Duck x 1000. Edward Cline x 10,000. :-) Get ready!"

Link:

http://www.ricksblog.com/2013/08/web...ain+King%22%29

Last edited by IdnHost; 17th August 2013 at 08:01 PM..
Old 18th August 2013, 07:12 AM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about
Re: .Web, .Free, and Geos Lead Domain Investors Choices on new gTLD’s

He manages to write hundreds of words when 0 would do the same job. I did like this though:

"I have invested in almost every new extension over the past decade++ and not a single one of them have put me in the black including .me."

Why didn't he stop after losing money in the first new extension he wasted money on? Instead, he tries each and every new one out, and loses money repeatedly.

Brains of a rocking horse.
Old 18th August 2013, 07:23 AM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about

A post on his site asking people what they thought the top 10 new TLDs would be.

http://www.ricksblog.com/2013/08/wha...-top-10-gtlds/

Not a poll or anything, sure he doesn't know how to do a poll, just comments, but for some reason a lot of people chose ".web"

I can't think of any TLD more generic or boring. We already know its a website, no need to tell us that in the TLD!! What limited imaginations most domainers have

Someone from IDNF commented about .com translits but I'm sure 90% of his audience wouldn't have a clue what he was on about. They prefer ".web" and ".blog"
Old 18th August 2013, 08:41 AM

IdnHost is on a distinguished roadIdnHost is on a distinguished roadIdnHost is on a distinguished roadIdnHost is on a distinguished roadIdnHost is on a distinguished roadIdnHost is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by domainguru View Post
Someone from IDNF commented about .com translits but I'm sure 90% of his audience wouldn't have a clue what he was on about. They prefer ".web" and ".blog"
This is what gets me. After all these years of idnf members and others leaving detailed comments on his blog revealing to the domain industry that the idns are .COM, and backing up they're claim with links to official sources from icann and verisign outlining they're plans, the focus of almost every discussion on his blog is about nothing. All you got to do is check the availability of idns in the languages verisign applied for.... be my guest. On top of everything, the idns were given priority!

The real question of discussion on his blog should be, "when will people wake the f*ck up?"

Last edited by IdnHost; 18th August 2013 at 09:06 AM..
Old 18th August 2013, 09:50 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

For a poll to be valid, it needs to be representative.

This one is that.....
..........................but unfortunately of an as arse-licking bunch of complete no hopers.
Old 18th August 2013, 09:56 AM

Wot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enough

Quote:
A post on his site asking people what they thought the top 10 new TLDs would be.

http://www.ricksblog.com/2013/08/wha...-top-10-gtlds/

Not a poll or anything, sure he doesn't know how to do a poll, just comments, but for some reason a lot of people chose ".web"

I can't think of any TLD more generic or boring. We already know its a website, no need to tell us that in the TLD!! What limited imaginations most domainers have

I thought .ws was website?
Old 18th August 2013, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wot View Post
I thought .ws was website?
That's what their (multi-level) marketing department has been trying to tell the world for 10 years. Been very successful hasn't it, ask anyone on the street what ".ws" stands and I'm sure all will eagerly reply "website of course, no need to ask"
Old 18th August 2013, 01:00 PM

Wot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enough

Quote:
That's what their (multi-level) marketing department has been trying to tell the world for 10 years. Been very successful hasn't it, ask anyone on the street what ".ws" stands and I'm sure all will eagerly reply "website of course, no need to ask"
I was wrong!

It is .tw, The Web!