IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names

IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names (http://www.idnforums.com/forums/)
-   Politics, Philosophy and Economics (http://www.idnforums.com/forums/politics-philosophy-and-economics/)
-   -   The Proof (http://www.idnforums.com/forums/33990-the-proof.html)

Rubber Duck 29th August 2013 08:16 PM

The Proof
 
http://www.emarketer.com/Article/B2C...Higher/1010004

jose 29th August 2013 11:44 PM

Re: The Proof
 
What a pity, for us, this happening on the post-domain internet age.

http://techcrunch.com/2013/08/29/u-s...le-app-market/

Rubber Duck 30th August 2013 06:33 AM

Re: The Proof
 
No what this shows is that US influence is increasing limited to the USA.

clipper 30th August 2013 09:39 AM

Re: The Proof
 
Quote:

Western Europe and North America are the only regions in the world where a majority of the online population is also a digital buyer. In Asia-Pacific, penetration will reach 44.6% of internet users this year, expected to climb to 54.2% by 2017. The same markets with relatively low penetration of digital buying among internet users tend also to have lower internet penetration overall; as more of the population comes online, this will help feed the growing ecommerce market.
Not all rosy.

Rubber Duck 30th August 2013 01:16 PM

Re: The Proof
 
Look at the numbers.

China will dwarf Japan this year and will be hot on the heals of US by 2016 in terms of sales in US dollars, and that probably does not even account for a massive currency appreciation that is likely to happen in the interim and boost the figures even further.

And these figures are probably to be taken with same pinch of salt that had China catching the US GDP by 2050 whereas now it seems certain to happen by 2020.

What is clear is that Rick has just been plain wrong about internet commerce in China.

Hegewisch 3rd September 2013 12:47 AM

Re: The Proof
 
Congrats, China.

By 2050, you and your 1.39 Billion people will have equaled the domestic production of the United States and our 0.36 Billion people.

Well played.

sarcle 3rd September 2013 03:11 AM

Re: The Proof
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hegewisch (Bericht 216726)
Congrats, China.

By 2050, you and your 1.39 Billion people will have equaled the domestic production of the United States and our 0.36 Billion people.

Well played.

wow dude, can you be any more racist then your post just now?

sbe18 3rd September 2013 03:36 AM

Re: The Proof
 
China has 630 million no longer living in poverty.
US to China GDP is really irrelevant.

China getting the next 300 million out of poverty is the item not the GDP numbers.

Whether China's water, air, and food quality can handle this next 300 million is a social test not a GDP test.

the civil war in Syria is marbles to civil unrest on a Massive scale in 100 cities that exceed 1Million in population in China...

world GDP depends on China not screwing the pooch over the next 30 years.
we just get to watch....

Rubber Duck 3rd September 2013 06:24 AM

Re: The Proof
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hegewisch (Bericht 216726)
Congrats, China.

By 2050, you and your 1.39 Billion people will have equaled the domestic production of the United States and our 0.36 Billion people.

Well played.

Yes, that it is what GS & Co were saying 5 years ago when The Duck was saying 2020. Now they concur but it is actually looking more like about 2017.

Of course, you could be right. But it sounds like it would be a First.

Anyway, it matters not. China is already overtaking Japan in E-Commerce and will have outstripped the US by 2020. To some extent that is because they have by-passed much of the abortive development in the US. Why build Malls which you know are going to fold?

Hegewisch 3rd September 2013 11:34 AM

Re: The Proof
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sarcle (Bericht 216744)
wow dude, can you be any more racist then your post just now?

Whaaa.... WTF?

"Racist"?

Is this retard some sort of pet bell-tower kook you keep around for amusement or is he always like this?

Hegewisch 3rd September 2013 11:36 AM

Re: The Proof
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubber Duck (Bericht 216784)
Yes, that it is what GS & Co were saying 5 years ago when The Duck was saying 2020. Now they concur but it is actually looking more like about 2017.

Of course, you could be right. But it sounds like it would be a First.

Anyway, it matters not. China is already overtaking Japan in E-Commerce and will have outstripped the US by 2020. To some extent that is because they have by-passed much of the abortive development in the US. Why build Malls which you know are going to fold?

No, it's an example of a lone turd with a hysterical agenda citing a fact absent context.

It's what people with ideological agendas do all the time.

This isn't to say China is not very much a 'thing' unto itself, economically speaking- it is- but when you put it all in perspective, our poor will still be driving cars, owning flat screen TVs and eating government funded tropical fruits and deep sea fish before theirs get indoor plumbing.

Drewbert 3rd September 2013 12:17 PM

Re: The Proof
 
But only due to your government printing more paper money to keep the consumption economy ticking over.

Rubber Duck 3rd September 2013 12:27 PM

Re: The Proof
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hegewisch (Bericht 216804)
No, it's an example of a lone turd with a hysterical agenda citing a fact absent context.

It's what people with ideological agendas do all the time.

This isn't to say China is not very much a 'thing' unto itself, economically speaking- it is- but when you put it all in perspective, our poor will still be driving cars, owning flat screen TVs and eating government funded tropical fruits and deep sea fish before theirs get indoor plumbing.

Provided they can still afford to buy Chinese Cars, Chinese TVs and Chinese produced food.

You serious believe they all go to river to fetch water? When the fuck do you think they have time for that?

When the FED can no longer pass off its worthless paper and finds out that actually, it is the market that sets interests, you will all be using your iPhone 4 to find out how to apply for a Workhouse. :lol:

Hegewisch 3rd September 2013 02:33 PM

Re: The Proof
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drewbert (Bericht 216817)
But only due to your government printing more paper money to keep the consumption economy ticking over.

No doubt.
Inflation is the greatest weapon we have against debt service.
Expect to see more and more of it until the yuan is decoupled from the usd.

Hegewisch 3rd September 2013 02:36 PM

Re: The Proof
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubber Duck (Bericht 216819)
You serious believe they all go to river to fetch water? When the fuck do you think they have time for that?

Who said, hinted or even remotely implied that?
I simply pointed out an economic and demographic reality.
Every country has its elite, they have a HUGE and growing middle class (relatively speaking) but the impressive skyline of Beijing has nothing to do with standard of living across the board and the crippling ppoverty there is still immense.

123 4th September 2013 07:46 AM

Re: The Proof
 
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3555481.html
Quote:

The Macau market is now larger than the entire U.S. gaming market. Unfortunately for Atlantic City, it's gone the other way. It's smaller now than when we entered it. The fortunes of the two couldn't be more different," MGM CEO Jim Murren said.

Macau is in the midst of one of the greatest gambling booms the world has ever known. To rival it, Las Vegas would have to attract six times as many visitors; essentially every man, woman and child in America.

123 4th September 2013 07:50 AM

Re: The Proof
 
Quote:

Congrats, China.

By 2050, you and your 1.39 Billion people will have equaled the domestic production of the United States and our 0.36 Billion people.

Well played.

http://www.theguardian.com/business/...ales-overtakes

Quote:

China overtakes US as world's biggest car market

• 13.5m vehicles sold in China in 2009, 10.4m in US
• China sees 45% growth in car industry year-on-year
http://news.travel168.net/focus_on/20130828/31414.html

Quote:

China Seen Replacing US in 2016 as Leading Travel Market
picked up by accident:

http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dl...#axzz2duMIlduA

jose 4th September 2013 04:04 PM

Re: The Proof
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyemAwLD2N0


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0
Copyright idnforums.com 2005


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54