IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > IDN Domain Appraisals

IDN Domain Appraisals Appraisals by other members on International domain names.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th October 2013, 09:31 PM

Glasson is an unknown quantity at this point
ميزان.com Arabic/persian

Someone mailed me interest in the domain name asking me price. I have no clue how much it's worth.

XN--MGBV0DGR.COM
transliteration: mizan
Meaning:

1) Arabic: balance, scale, Libra

2) Farsi: a pair of scales , a balance , Mizan, name of the seventh month of the solar year now replaced by Mehr ( ) , a measure , balance , equilibrium , number , quantity , degree , focus , rate , adjusting , (astr , ) Libra

There is a bank in Iran called mizanbank.ir
Old 30th October 2013, 09:36 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Re: ميزان.com Arabic/persian

The going rate seems to be two camels and the youngest daughter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasson View Post
Someone mailed me interest in the domain name asking me price. I have no clue how much it's worth.

XN--MGBV0DGR.COM
Meaning:

2) Farsi: a pair of scales , a balance , Mizan, name of the seventh month of the solar year now replaced by Mehr ( ) , a measure , balance , equilibrium , number , quantity , degree , focus , rate , adjusting , (astr , ) Libra

Old 30th October 2013, 11:56 PM

Location: Global Headquarters of the Dot Net Skepticism Alliance
idn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished road

Quote:

XN--MGBV0DGR.COM
Meaning:

Did you register it because you thought "scales" has great resell value or because it is a bank's name?
Old 31st October 2013, 02:01 AM

squirrel is a name known to all
squirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to all

Be careful, they might not be interested in buying it.

As IDN said, sometimes it's best to stick with non equivocal generics - or names worth fighting for. Remember if you lose a UDRP, you will most certainly be labeled as a serial cybersquatter in any next UDRP/URS, wether justified or not.
Old 31st October 2013, 09:00 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

In Egypt the symbol of the scales goes back way beyond the existence of the Arabic Language. Something to do with weighing of Sins against a Feather before entry into the after life.

Of course, all the IP Rights will now below to some American Corporation.

The NSA can also almost certainly prove that your registration was terrorist related due to the fact it contains weird swiggles.

Last edited by Rubber Duck; 31st October 2013 at 09:02 AM..
Old 31st October 2013, 09:42 AM

123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
Be careful, they might not be interested in buying it.

As IDN said, sometimes it's best to stick with non equivocal generics - or names worth fighting for. Remember if you lose a UDRP, you will most certainly be labeled as a serial cybersquatter in any next UDRP/URS, wether justified or not.
i think you need to lose 3 UDRP in x years to be labeled as a cybersquatter.
Old 31st October 2013, 01:39 PM

squirrel is a name known to all
squirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to all

I think you are referring to qualification rules in the new gTLD program.

Im referring to the general tactic of labeling the respondent as a serial cybersquatter to further make one's case
Old 31st October 2013, 05:48 PM

Thank you for the feedbacks.

- i registered for the generic name "scale" and also for Libra in arabic. I had no clue of what's happening in farsi or brands there.

- I already mentioned to the interested person that I'm doing that as experiment to develop the site and not as squatter.
Old 31st October 2013, 06:04 PM

Fka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enough

I wouldn't even bother mentioning the Farsi meaning with this name in the future because it wouldn't work with Farsi keyboards. It is purely Arabic.

It looks like there's a couple people using the name for the ascii website. Probably one of those parties.
Old 31st October 2013, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fka200 View Post
I wouldn't even bother mentioning the Farsi meaning with this name in the future because it wouldn't work with Farsi keyboards. It is purely Arabic.

It looks like there's a couple people using the name for the ascii website. Probably one of those parties.
can you explain? because if I google "میزان site:ir " I get 20million entries.

PS: problem solved actually.....the variant issue was a good hint

Last edited by Glasson; 31st October 2013 at 06:35 PM..
Old 31st October 2013, 10:12 PM

Fka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
can you explain? because if I google "میزان site:ir " I get 20million entries.
That's the Farsi version. م ی ز ا ن

Your version: م ي ز ا ن