IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | idntools | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > Politics, Philosophy and Economics

Politics, Philosophy and Economics Discuss world events, politics, philosophy and economics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th November 2013, 03:18 AM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice
Exclamation Please do *not* spread this video

I need to exchange all my money to bitcoins before everyone realizes this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFDe5kUUyT0
Old 7th November 2013, 04:24 AM

Avtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the rough
Re: Please do *not* spread this video

Don't worry, I won't be spreading this video to anyone.

Avtal
Old 7th November 2013, 05:05 AM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose View Post
I need to exchange all my money to bitcoins before everyone realizes this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFDe5kUUyT0
Well I advised people to buy under $100 but got called a fool for being involved with bitcoins. I'll just keep my mouth shut and take the profits from now on
Old 7th November 2013, 06:22 AM

chrisofmel is on a distinguished roadchrisofmel is on a distinguished roadchrisofmel is on a distinguished roadchrisofmel is on a distinguished roadchrisofmel is on a distinguished roadchrisofmel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by domainguru View Post
Well I advised people to buy under $100 but got called a fool for being involved with bitcoins. I'll just keep my mouth shut and take the profits from now on
$282 now should push to $300 by morning. this on cnbc about bitcoins today
http://finance.yahoo.com/video/bitco...213700257.html
Old 20th November 2017, 06:22 AM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice

Quote:
I need to exchange all my money to bitcoins
I wish I had
Old 6th December 2017, 05:54 PM

sunsei21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to sunsei21 Send a message via Skype™ to sunsei21

Quote:
I wish I had
lol that makes 2 of us have you at least got in on the crypto train yet?
Old 7th December 2017, 07:07 PM

techguy is on a distinguished roadtechguy is on a distinguished roadtechguy is on a distinguished roadtechguy is on a distinguished roadtechguy is on a distinguished roadtechguy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I wish I had
Hope you bought a few hundred bitcoins during that time.
Old 8th December 2017, 03:04 AM
Premium User

Kent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enough

More than 50 times your money from Nov 2013 until now.

Last edited by Kent99; 8th December 2017 at 03:16 AM..
Old 8th December 2017, 06:19 AM

Avtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent99 View Post
That's what I was expecting from my IDNs...

Avtal
Old 9th December 2017, 12:01 PM

123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I invested in Altcoins a few months ago and expect 20 times my investment by the end of 2017.
Old 9th December 2017, 05:37 PM
Veteran

Blame David (Rubber Duck), he spread so much FUD, and I bought it. The FUD, not the BTC.
Old 9th December 2017, 05:59 PM

sunsei21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to sunsei21 Send a message via Skype™ to sunsei21

Quote:
Blame David (Rubber Duck), he spread so much FUD, and I bought it. The FUD, not the BTC.
Well at least you got in early on the fud
Old 10th December 2017, 01:15 AM
Premium User

Kent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123 View Post
I invested in Altcoins a few months ago and expect 20 times my investment by the end of 2017.
Which altcoins are you in?
Old 10th December 2017, 08:46 AM

123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Which altcoins are you in?
I was not into buy and hold. I did a few short term trades on various small altcoins, got lucky.

Then bought into some that were being dumped. Now they rebounded and I have over 10 times my money and if the trend continues I expect 10-20 times my investment by the end of the year if BTC does not crash.

Made good money on CMP for example. Bought for $1.xxx. now $8.xxx

Also made money because BTC was trending up in the past months.

didnt get rich though as I invested only very modest amounts due to lack of experience and being risk advserse but I will re-invest my profits and see how 2018 goes.

So far it is certainly far more profitable than IDNs, not suprising, almost anything is more profitable than IDNs.
Old 10th December 2017, 08:47 AM

clipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Can only blame RD so much. He was certainly the most vocal (and combative) proponent, but I don't think anyone on this forum would argue that the system wouldn't have been an amazing investment if its proper stewards (ICANN, VRSN) acted appropriately and in a timely manner.

The problem was that the investors had no voice with the stewards and were left to hang out to dry.

There were WAY more Bitcoin nuts in 2011-2015 than IDN proponents. If you spent your play money on IDNs instead (as I did) then you can choose to either feel remorse, catch a falling knife, or revel in the bubble as it bursts.

In any case, you can reflect on your own response to another's words, but you cannot blame your actions on those words alone. Your actions are your own -- often rational, emotional, smart and crazy.

[I'm not sure what you mean by FUD -- Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt? -- RD was quite the contrary on IDNs, all hope and projections]

Last edited by clipper; 10th December 2017 at 09:01 AM..
Old 10th December 2017, 09:35 AM

clipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by domainguru View Post
Well done, DG. Hope you're at a comfortable retirement level.
Old 11th December 2017, 02:28 PM

namejet have 500k sales a month, a mediocre currency can do that trading volume in a single day.

Some currencies have billions of dollars of daily volume more than all domain sales ever reported in the history of domaining.

Enough said.