View Single Post
Old 18th July 2006, 03:42 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Re: Hoping to find an estd. 'renter' for symbol traffic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer
That's why, as Blast hinted, the legal aspect of domain renting is the key.
I think the main problem here is that we are now taking a big departure from the basic philosophy of IDNing, which is that anything that has been achieved with ASCII can be transferred or copied onto IDN. Now what we are looking at is an apparently failed concept with ASCII being pioneered by IDN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idn1234
Thanks for your comment, but just to clarify
no one is renting a domain here - I am only
looking to rent the traffic it generates (hopefully,
on a yrly/lease basis).

But, yes, you are right, actually renting a
domain (so that the owner may later reap
the benefit of yr hard work) hasn't taken off,
and for obvious reasons.
Not clear on the distinction here. Either way your Client is going to be doing development work for your domain, only to be paying ever more from the traffic, or am I missing something?

Last edited by Rubber Duck; 18th July 2006 at 03:44 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost