IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > IDN Domain For Sale

IDN Domain For Sale Want to sell your international domain names? Post them here. Please proceed with caution on all sales, do your own translation, & use an escrow service. IDN Forums does not check the validity of any sales posted by users. Please only post Domains with at least minimum prices for offers in this Forum. If you don't know how much you want do an appraisal first. Domains without min price will be placed in dumpster thread. Users may also buy a sticky for their topic at $10 per day for up to 7 days.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st June 2006, 09:06 AM

ca191s is an unknown quantity at this point
臺北房產.com(Taibei Real Estate)

臺北房產.com (Taipei Real Estate) xn--djRq66ApiOy8L.com - $2000 - Traditional Chinese

Taipei is Taiwan's largest city , population:5500000

The economy is very flourishing!

ENOM/PUSH

Pay way:BANK OF CHINA

CB1000SF@GMAIL.COM

Last edited by ca191s; 2nd June 2006 at 01:16 PM..
Old 2nd June 2006, 02:07 AM

Signal is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: 臺北房產.com(Taibei Real Estate)

Now, it gets interesting.
Here is another 台北房产.com (simplified chinese, xn--wlqy1iusa875b.com, registed earlier than your traditional chinese version).
Generally speaking, the domain registration program should automatically block the second attempt of registrating the same name even with different style of writing. Don't know what went wrong this time.
The other interesting thing is that your traditional writing of Taipei (two characters) won't translate back into Taipei by a Chinese-English online dictionary even with chosen of traditional chinese input option. http://www.mandarintools.com/worddict.html
This is quite confusing.

Last edited by Signal; 2nd June 2006 at 02:10 AM..
Old 2nd June 2006, 02:10 AM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough
Re: 臺北房產.com(Taibei Real Estate)

I think it registered because he used different symbols for real estate? This is a very versatile domain I was told!
Old 2nd June 2006, 02:12 AM

IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to IDNCowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhhisc
I think it registered because he used different symbols for real estate? This is a very versatile domain I was told!
on some occassions you can register both forms........ i registered a chinese simplified/traditional of the same exact word and the characters were strikingly similar with a few minor difference in strokes.
Old 2nd June 2006, 02:18 AM

That is probably part of the reasons.
台北.com (simplified chinese, xn--djrpt.com)
臺北.com (traditional chinese, xn--djrz40i.com)

房产.com (simplified chinese, xn--wlq909b.com)
房產.com (traditional chinese, xn--7ou733b.com)

Old 2nd June 2006, 02:22 AM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signal
That is probably part of the reasons.
臺北.com (traditional chinese, xn--djrz40i.com)

房产.com (simplified chinese, xn--wlq909b.com)
房產.com (traditional chinese, xn--7ou733b.com)

I am told that when you see the symbols for Taipei you usually see the Simplified version.
But I think traditional Chinese is more commonly used there for writing.
Old 2nd June 2006, 03:02 AM

Wink Re: 臺北房產.com(Taibei Real Estate)

This mystery gets a little bit clear now.
Amazingly, if you copy the two traditional chinese characters "Taipei" and pasted in google trend for search. The result is "do not have enough search volume to show graphs".
However, if you use the two simplified Chinese characters "Taipei" for the search, you get results as predicted.
I can't believe this. Try it your self, http://www.google.com/trends

This suggests that this so called "traditional Chinese" character is not the correct format of traditional Chinese character which explains why domain regist program treat it as a new entry.
By looking, you can't find out the difference. I guess that, for the future, you really have to translate the word by dictionary (which it fails in this case), and confirmed by Google trend with copy and past (which it fails again).
Old 2nd June 2006, 03:06 AM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

Quote:
translate the word by dictionary (which it fails in this case), and confirmed by Google trend with copy and past (which it fails again).
Dictionary does not fail.

[EN] ; platform; stage; terrace; stand; support; desk; station; broadcasting station
[ZH] 臺 trad. 台 simp. [tai2] ← (measure word)

[EN] surname; classical. you (in letters); platform; Taiwan abbr.
[ZH] 台 [tai2]

As you see, 台 is both a simplfied character, and a classical Chinese character that has nothing to do with simplification.
Old 2nd June 2006, 03:18 AM

Giant is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastfromthepast
Dictionary does not fail.

[EN] ; platform; stage; terrace; stand; support; desk; station; broadcasting station
[ZH] 臺 trad. 台 simp. [tai2] ← (measure word)

[EN] surname; classical. you (in letters); platform; Taiwan abbr.
[ZH] 台 [tai2]

As you see, 台 is both a simplfied character, and a classical Chinese character that has nothing to do with simplification.
Google trends failed to regconize 臺. Obviously, the people that take care of Google Trends are mainland Chinese?

Dot Com is King. IDN.com will soon be king.
@
Old 2nd June 2006, 04:31 AM

Cool Re: 臺北房產.com(Taibei Real Estate)

How Google operate? Few people know.
My guess is that they record statistically significant events, which made no difference on whether it is French or Russian or Traditional Chinese. The fact of matter is that traditional Chinese characters are commonly used in Taiwan. That is what people types in, and that is what Google records. By rule, the different on writing sytle should not make any difference on records. That is why even use simplified Chinese "台北" gives your the records, which show the highest usage is from Taiwan. So, the correct format is more important than the difference in writing styles (simplified or traditional).
This gets to my point that the two characters of "臺北" looks correct. But, somehow, it is recognized differently by computer program (at least both Google trend and the Chinese-English dictionary). Also, as another confirmation in backing my theory, the domain regist program view it differently as well. That is why it gives a new entry to regist, which is unusual. Routinely, the program rejects any new registrations conflicting with previous records even the writing sytle is difference (which makes no difference to the program). So, what this is telling us is that our eyes could not tell the difference sometimes. We have to use proper tools to confirm it before any critical decision is made.

Otherwise, there are going to be 臺北.com asking for another $30,000 (which somebody did registed last year). For me, they are significantly different animal in economic terms!!!

臺北.com (traditional chinese, xn--djrz40i.com) (it is not the simplified C or traditional C, somehow, the format is not recognized by computer in multiple key programs)
Old 2nd June 2006, 01:12 PM

Re: 臺北房產.com(Taipei Real Estate)

Taipei Real Estate
Old 2nd June 2006, 01:16 PM

Re: 臺北房產.com(Taipei Real Estate)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca191s
Taipei Real Estate
appologies ca191s...sometimes we get "talking" on top of a sales thread. But it is helpful that all potential buyers to have all available information, plus keeps your thread in the spotlight.
Old 2nd June 2006, 02:22 PM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

Quote:
臺北.com (traditional chinese, xn--djrz40i.com) (it is not the simplified C or traditional C, somehow, the format is not recognized by computer in multiple key programs)
It is traditional Chinese. I don't see your point in it not being recognized in computer programs. It is recognized. It is the variant way of writing 台.
Old 2nd June 2006, 02:58 PM

This is the official name

Last edited by ca191s; 2nd June 2006 at 03:10 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 2nd June 2006, 05:25 PM

Ok. Let's keep it simple.

Two commonly used bench mark for measuring popularity, Yahoo OVT and Google Trend.

台北 (OVT: 100; Google Trend: Yes (majority typed in from Taiwan))
臺北 (OVT: No; Google Trend: No (not enough usage to show records))

I don't know why. Do you? And, what is the implication for our registration for Chinese domain name?
But, I know which one to choose.
Old 9th June 2006, 07:56 AM

Quote:

Two commonly used bench mark for measuring popularity, Yahoo OVT and Google Trend.

I don't know why. Do you? And, what is the implication for our registration for Chinese domain name?
Old 9th June 2006, 01:20 PM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

I believe 臺北 is formal writing, used by government departments, banks, universities, etc.
Old 9th June 2006, 01:25 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

What has been overlooked to some extent here it that the two forms are likely to have the same weight when it comes to SEO, which could be highly signficant for a developed site. Anyone, who does develop and goes the PPC will not get much out of this domain, but most of these kinds of domains will get developed.