IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > Internationalized Domain Names > Internationalized Domain Name News

Internationalized Domain Name News Recent IDN related News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st June 2006, 09:53 AM

Wot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enough
I am sure this qualifies as news - but nonsense!

After registering some IDN gems thru DD24 and thinking how clever I was I get this email :

Dear Sir,

we found that the CNNIC does not allow multilingual third level domains.
Due to an error of their gateway it came that these (your) domains had
been registered. Anyway all IDN third level domains will finally be
deleted within the next 2 weeks and youĺl get your money refunded.

With best regards

Your Team @ Domaindiscount24.com

Key-Systems GmbH
Prager Ring 4-12
D- 66482 Zweibruecken

CNNIC - not allowing IDNS - and the moon is made of cheese

Ah well, another project up in smoke- on to the next.
Old 1st June 2006, 10:05 AM
A.W.O.L

Olney has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Re: I am sure this qualifies as news - but nonsense!

Can you provide an example of how this is news or what exactly happened?
If you tried to register an IDN by the punycode with a registry that doesn't register IDNs well this just got reduced to a discussion. We all knew that.
Old 1st June 2006, 10:26 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olney
If you tried to register an IDN by the punycode with a registry that doesn't register IDNs well this just got reduced to a discussion. We all knew that.
Well it was always news to me that CNNIC was doing IDNs on these extensions. I have to say that I am not surprised. The path of an IDN has always been strewn with frustrations. It was ever thus.
Old 1st June 2006, 11:08 AM

Wot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olney

How did we all know that?

I have been posting about the registration of idns in 3rd level for almost three weeks - they have been in my account for that time. I don't mind if we told you so?

CNNIC does not register idn , surely that is not what you are saying? Just not in 3rd level - but they will accept english. As I said it's nonsense and I have now moved on.

At least I got a response to this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
Well it was always news to me that CNNIC was doing IDNs on these extensions. I have to say that I am not surprised. The path of an IDN has always been strewn with frustrations. It was ever thus.
Equally ,I am not surprised just

Last edited by Wot; 1st June 2006 at 11:11 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 1st June 2006, 11:30 AM

markits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enough

Wot, I don't like these 3rd level ext at all. I am glad that you get the money back so that you can re-invest in better domains.
Cheer up.
Old 1st June 2006, 01:16 PM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wot
After registering some IDN gems thru DD24 and thinking how clever I was I get this email :

Dear Sir,

DD24 has been providing consistently bad service lately. From nameservers that take several attempts to transfer over, to constantly failing bulk registrations.
Old 1st June 2006, 01:16 PM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wot

Dear Sir,

DD24 has been providing consistently bad service lately. From nameservers that take several attempts to transfer over, to constantly failing bulk registrations.