IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th February 2014, 02:21 AM

techguy is on a distinguished roadtechguy is on a distinguished roadtechguy is on a distinguished roadtechguy is on a distinguished roadtechguy is on a distinguished roadtechguy is on a distinguished road
金钱.中国

Yesterday I regged 金钱.中国 through NiceNic, but today got a mail from the NiceNIC Support that this keyword is very popular, and can't be registered.

I saw that 金钱.cn is active, it was registered in 2013. If CNNIC allowed the .CN version, then they must be allowing the IDN.IDN version too.

Is NiceNic trying to steal my name?
Old 24th February 2014, 04:07 AM
Premium User

basel is on a distinguished roadbasel is on a distinguished roadbasel is on a distinguished roadbasel is on a distinguished roadbasel is on a distinguished roadbasel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to basel
Re: 金钱.中国

i dont see any reason for nicenic to delete the domain name
why they made it available from the first if its popular and cant be registered
i think they are trying to cheat you
also if the name still in your account get a screenshot and save all emails
if the domain name rejected no problem in that , but if its showing in your account as active domain name and no TM issue , i dont see any reason to remove or delete it
Old 24th February 2014, 04:36 AM

Wot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enough

Seems it is registered and parked at ParkingCrew.com , it won't be in your name as NiceNic.net act as proxy but you should have control of the name.

Don't see a problem?
Old 24th February 2014, 04:44 AM

techguy is on a distinguished roadtechguy is on a distinguished roadtechguy is on a distinguished roadtechguy is on a distinguished roadtechguy is on a distinguished roadtechguy is on a distinguished road

Yes, I can see the domain name under my control panel, but the status was in progress. I was able to change the nameservers. Today I got a reply from the support team saying that the domain name is pending verification. They told me that the domain name registration usually takes few minutes to few hours for the approval of CNNIC, but this name is in pending verification status for more than 10 hours.
Old 24th February 2014, 04:48 AM

Wot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enough

Rechecked, the .cn is registered by CNNIC so I guess reserved which no doubt the one you registered is also reserved but somehow NiceNic's system allowed the " registration".

Both names will likely soon be on ename.cn auction where a few thousand RMB should secure them!

If you do get it then it's a steal.Good luck.

Last edited by Wot; 24th February 2014 at 04:50 AM..
Old 24th February 2014, 10:23 AM

mchold is an unknown quantity at this point

IDN.CN can be registered as no more trade mark is protected.
IDN.中国 is still protected under trader mark

What do you think RMB.中国
Old 24th February 2014, 11:22 AM

123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Yesterday I regged 金钱.中国 through NiceNic, but today got a mail from the NiceNIC Support that this keyword is very popular, and can't be registered.
but if it is so popular why would one still be able to hand-register it? Or did it drop?

something does not seem to be right here.
Old 24th February 2014, 12:11 PM

Yes, it was a drop.
Old 25th February 2014, 02:46 AM

nicenic is an unknown quantity at this pointnicenic is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Re: 金钱.中国

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguy View Post

I saw that 金钱.cn is active, it was registered in 2013. If CNNIC allowed the .CN version, then they must be allowing the IDN.IDN version too.

Is NiceNic trying to steal my name?
Dear Sir,

Thank you for the post, thank you for the nice word of "steal".

Below please find the latest response we sent to your Email address:

"We regret to inform you that the domain registration request of 金钱.中国 was finally rejected by Registry of CNNIC. CNNIC advised us that a trademark license was required for domain 金钱.中国, please refer to Chinese-IDN-domain-issue-trademark1.jpg.

Besides, we contacted CNNIC at reaudit@cnnic.cn and support@cnnic.cn about why 金钱.CN can be registered successfully without special documents required, please refer to Chinese-IDN-domain-issue-trademark2.jpg, CNNIC advised us that Chinese.CN was different from Chinese.中国 and Chinese.CN domain name does not need "trademark keyword verification".

The whois information of 金钱.中国 will be updated in 7 days after Registry of CNNIC delete the domain name.

Our billing team have to issue the credits for 金钱.中国 to your balance.

Should we can help you in another way, kindly please advise.

Your understanding would be greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Berry Lee, Account Manager
NiceNIC .NET Team"

Chinese-IDN-domain-issue-trademark1.jpg

Chinese-IDN-domain-issue-trademark2.jpg

PS: Thanks a million for IDNers on IDN Forums to pay attention to NiceNIC.NET! (handshaking)

Last edited by nicenic; 25th February 2014 at 02:47 AM..
Old 25th February 2014, 05:00 AM

My apologies for using that word. I did not know the complex procedure followed by CNNIC to handle the registrations of .中国 domain names. I thought it was similar to the .CN registrations. My mistake. Thank you for your detailed response. Much appreciated!
Old 25th February 2014, 10:42 PM

you are not the first on fail in this misunderstanding.
We people in China got the same failure lots of times
Old 28th February 2014, 04:44 AM

nicenic is an unknown quantity at this pointnicenic is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Re: 金钱.中国

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguy View Post
My apologies for using that word. I did not know the complex procedure followed by CNNIC to handle the registrations of .中国 domain names. I thought it was similar to the .CN registrations. My mistake. Thank you for your detailed response. Much appreciated!
Hello techguy, never mind about that.
Thank you so much for your understanding.
Just as what mchold stated, we as local Chinese were still sometimes confused about the policies.
Please feel free to contact us via online ticket system or Email if we can be of additional assistance.
Have a wonderful afternoon!
Old 28th February 2014, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchold View Post
IDN.CN can be registered as no more trade mark is protected.
IDN.中国 is still protected under trader mark
What do you think RMB.中国
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchold View Post
you are not the first on fail in this misunderstanding.
We people in China got the same failure lots of times
下午好 S总!
最近卖/买什么好玉米了?晒一下嘛
Old 28th February 2014, 09:53 AM

not really
just wait for the big day