IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th March 2014, 11:07 PM

FMFM is an unknown quantity at this point
What is a good amount of monthly traffic?

Hello,

I was wondering what people are getting on their decent idn.com domains in terms of monthly visits while parked, and what your "premium" idn.coms are getting. I am just trying to understand what is considered excellent in terms of a domain in this category.
Old 15th March 2014, 11:56 AM

Jay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enough
Re: What is a good amount of monthly traffic?

It's a bit subjective and language-dependent. But in general terms I reckon 300-1000 is good, 1000-5000 is excellent, and 5000+ is outstanding.

Last edited by Jay; 15th March 2014 at 12:01 PM..
Old 15th March 2014, 12:04 PM

FMFM is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the reply. If it is not too much trouble, could you give an example of what type of name would fall within each category? All three groups seem to be a lot, and would be curious as to what you think the price point would be to acquire a name from each (300-1000 roughly, etc...). I know that value is dependent on other factors other than type in, but this seems to be very important.
Old 15th March 2014, 12:33 PM

123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMFM View Post
Hello,

I was wondering what people are getting on their decent idn.com domains in terms of monthly visits while parked, and what your "premium" idn.coms are getting. I am just trying to understand what is considered excellent in terms of a domain in this category.
i think traffic without other metrics doesn't tell much. traffic that doesn't convert is worthless. There are webmasters that have sites with hundreds of thousands of impressions per month that struggle to make a living.

if you have a financial keyword like insurance in a wealthy country like japan, and a domain with just 1000 visits per month could be worth a fortune.

If you have a term like "funny videos" with traffic from vietnam with tens of thousands of visits, the traffic alone isn't worth much i would guess.
Old 15th March 2014, 01:13 PM

Jay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I know that value is dependent on other factors other than type in, but this seems to be very important.
I don't think it is the most important aspect, but it is certainly something to consider.

Quote:
If it is not too much trouble, could you give an example of what type of name would fall within each category?
You tend to see names from popular categories (e.g., adult, gaming) in the 'excellent' and 'outstanding' traffic categories. I have a couple of geos in the 'excellent' category, but they're getting some spillover from their ASCII equivalents, and so this is not indicative.

Quote:
would be curious as to what you think the price point would be to acquire a name from each (300-1000 roughly, etc...).
It would depend on the category and language. For example, I tend to rate financial and geos very highly, so would consider 'good' traffic names in these areas as more valuable than 'excellent' and 'outstanding' names from other areas. Alternatively, I look at the revenue (which is traffic x epc x ctr) as the basis for determining value.
Old 15th March 2014, 06:22 PM

Location: Global Headquarters of the Dot Net Skepticism Alliance
idn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hello,

20-30 a month.