IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | idntools | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Development > IDN Domain Registration

IDN Domain Registration Discussion for registering IDN domain names.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th June 2014, 03:37 PM

Location: Global Headquarters of the Dot Net Skepticism Alliance
idn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished road
If you have domains at Moniker I would move them.

Total f*ck up over the last few weeks as they "upgraded" their system. I should have left them sooner.

Here are some of my experiences:

1. Site down for at least 3 days
2. Customer service is completely non-responsive
3. Email settings all changed
4. Hosting settings all changed
5. Misc billing and unapproved charges
6. Random emails sent daily that make no sense

And to top it off another member of the keydrive group, snapnames, is also non-responsive. Purchased domains there over 2 weeks ago and I still not have received login information.

I hope the damage they've caused to their reputation is insurmountable.
Old 12th June 2014, 04:39 PM

squirrel is a name known to all
squirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to all
Re: If you have domains at Moniker I would move them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idn View Post
And to top it off another member of the keydrive group, snapnames, is also non-responsive. Purchased domains there over 2 weeks ago and I still not have received login information.
Same here. I suspect the won names for which I received no info are sponsored by a registrar who integrates with Moniker.

I won backorders that are managed by bigrock and I got the login info and all.
Old 12th June 2014, 04:43 PM

squirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to all

There is new policy that requires registrants to confirm whois info for each new regs within 15 days. The delay at snapnames are really problematic. Your 2 weeks delay make it impossible for you to confirm your whois. Not sure what happens then.

https://www.namecheap.com/support/kn...dation-process
Old 12th June 2014, 04:51 PM

idn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
There is new policy that requires registrants to confirm whois info for each new regs within 15 days. The delay at snapnames are really problematic. Your 2 weeks delay make it impossible for you to confirm your whois. Not sure what happens then.

https://www.namecheap.com/support/kn...dation-process
Must not be too enforceable yet as not all registrars are sending this email.
Old 12th June 2014, 04:58 PM

I've just realized it's been 2 weeks for me as well. The TDC drop on May 28th.

I think registrars don't have to send the notice if the exact same whois record has already been confirmed by the client once. In my case my won backorders are sponsored by shell registrars within the snap/moniker group, with which I've probably never made business before.

Anyways, whois policy or not, 15 days is just ridiculous.
Old 12th June 2014, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Yep and all snapnames and moniker keep stating is "we are working on it".
Old 12th June 2014, 10:09 PM

NameYourself will become famous soon enoughNameYourself will become famous soon enoughNameYourself will become famous soon enoughNameYourself will become famous soon enoughNameYourself will become famous soon enoughNameYourself will become famous soon enoughNameYourself will become famous soon enough

Same issues experienced with them too.. also disappearing names are an issue. Some names purchased via snap that were at moniker may suddenly show up at NetSol or other registrars now.. but may still appear in your moniker panel too, a total screw up!
Old 15th June 2014, 06:07 AM
Veteran

gammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished road

I got this from Moniker today:

Dear Customer,

The following products (Domains / Webspace / Mailspace / vServer or SSL certificates) will soon expire and require a renewal.

*Resource - Expiration Date:*
---------------------------------------------------
sh: 1: /usr/bin/idn: not found 2014-06-14

All domains will be automatically renewed if your account has a sufficient positive balance or if you have identified your method of payment to be either credit card or bank debit (only available in Germany). Furthermore, you must have selected as renew option „1 Year(s) at expiration“.

Please note, that the products will also be renewed even if there are no more domains in your customer account. It is not possible to cancel any renewals afterward therefore we kindly ask you to check the settings in your customer account and if desired to delete your products.

In order to renew the products please follow the instructions stated below:
Old 15th June 2014, 12:57 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

Quote:
sh: 1: /usr/bin/idn: not found 2014-06-14
That's embarrassing.
Old 23rd June 2014, 04:48 PM

Quote:

Any luck? I still don't have the domains.
Old 24th June 2014, 12:12 AM

NameYourself will become famous soon enoughNameYourself will become famous soon enoughNameYourself will become famous soon enoughNameYourself will become famous soon enoughNameYourself will become famous soon enoughNameYourself will become famous soon enoughNameYourself will become famous soon enough

I have never seen a more broken website. It is covered in errors, if you have names there that are important to you get them out well before the renewal time! Its been weeks and still no improvement, there is no excuse for this!
Old 24th June 2014, 12:19 AM

DktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura about

too late

Quote:
To All Moniker Customers,
We are experiencing technical difficulties. We will be back online shortly. Our team is working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.
If you have any questions please contact us: E-mail Moniker Support: getsupport@moniker.com Toll free in the U.S. and Canada: 800-688-6311 Outside the U.S. and Canada: 954-607-1294
Old 25th June 2014, 01:29 AM

DktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura aboutDktoInc has a spectacular aura about

they r back online
Old 25th June 2014, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Any luck? I still don't have the domains.
Got this

Quote:
We are sorry for the delay in resolving this matter.

There has been an issue with the new registrar supporting these domains. It may be a week or two until the matter is resolved at Network Solutions.

If you would like to cancel this order and receive a refund, please let us know. Otherwise, we will continue to keep you updated.

Please let us know how you would like to proceed.

Thanks,
Sarah Y.
SnapNames Support
Old 25th June 2014, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Got this
Same. What should be said is we are refunding you 20% for all the problems. That is real customer service.
Old 25th June 2014, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Same. What should be said is we are refunding you 20% for all the problems. That is real customer service.
I'd take the refund and still transfer out asap.

Do you guys still use snapnames ?
Old 25th June 2014, 04:54 PM

Quote:
I'd take the refund and still transfer out asap.

Do you guys still use snapnames ?
So you took the refund?

It is like dealing with a start up in 1996.

Last edited by idn; 25th June 2014 at 04:55 PM..
Old 26th June 2014, 02:01 AM

no did not take the refund, but if they offered a % refund as an apology, I'd take it and still transfer out
Old 10th July 2014, 03:42 PM

still haven't had access to my domains. Just called Snap Customer Support and they are clueless.

The domains appear to be under management of NetworkSolutions. Moniker and Snap are owned by different entities now. All the shell registrars used by Snap are now under the NetworkSolutions umbrella.
Old 12th August 2014, 07:14 PM

Just gained access to one of four domains won on May 28th,