IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd December 2014, 07:07 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Should I attend -NamesCon conference?

The purpose of the Masterclass (which will repeat sessions multiple times throughout the conference to make it easier for everyone to attend) is to educate predominantly western domain name investors about the large and expanding domain name market in China, and how those investors can invest in Chinese Internationalized Domain Names (IDNs) without knowing a word of Chinese.
Old 2nd December 2014, 10:22 PM

squirrel is a name known to all
squirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to all
Re: Should I attend -NamesCon conference?

You want to give the class or attend ?
Old 3rd December 2014, 02:56 AM

Wot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enough

The Chinese are buying numbers,Pinyin, top ASCII in .com & .cn
Old 3rd December 2014, 03:09 PM

123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road

i think this sounds like it is from the .在线(idn for ONLINE in chinese) guys. they are promoting this over and over again but the truth is if IDNs in China should ever become popular it WILL NOT be .在线 domains. the fact they they need to promote this to western investors shows that there is not enough demand for their extension in China

Last edited by 123; 3rd December 2014 at 03:13 PM..
Old 4th December 2014, 12:09 AM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123 View Post
i think this sounds like it is from the .在线(idn for ONLINE in chinese) guys. they are promoting this over and over again but the truth is if IDNs in China should ever become popular it WILL NOT be .在线 domains. the fact they they need to promote this to western investors shows that there is not enough demand for their extension in China
They know they can potentially get some nice cash flow from speculators, especially those that like the 'new' gTLDS maybe a few will give a fling for some keywords .在线

Most Chinese aren't even aware of IDN, so its still a mid to long term waiting game IMO.
Old 4th December 2014, 01:18 AM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

No.
Old 4th December 2014, 08:15 AM

clipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastfromthepast View Post
No.
Why?

Because you have no faith in RD's acumen, or because you want to keep acquiring before the real investors get involved?
Old 5th December 2014, 03:59 AM

mgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enough

Maybe they should hold the masterclass in China instead. Educating China on the use of IDNs