IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th August 2015, 03:32 AM

TrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished road
IDN.IDN unofficial aliasing still possible?

Just wondering, since owners of idn.th domains got their corresponding idn.idn names at no charge with the courtesy of Thnic with the intention of keeping the integrity of the .th name space intact . Will it not be possible for Verisign to implement something similar for .coms? Why would ICANN come in the way of Verisign when it didn't for a cctld like .th?

If the will is there, is there anything in the ICANN framework that would prevent Verisign from automatically registering all the about to be launched idn.coms and .nets in idns (as a secondary sunrise after the TM holders got their names) on behalf of existing registrants at no charge? This would bypass ICANN's policy on not allowing matching names to be reserved for later activation while guaranteeing that the maximum number of matching domains are registered to preserve the integrity and ensure better non-fragmented trustworthy idn.idn in .com name space for years to come.

If the above scenario is possible and Verisign is willing to forgo some extra income in exchange for possibly even more successful launch with higher income from new registrations for more IDN domains, the market uptake may be more substantial with the domain name space confusion being mitigated from idn.com and idn.idn having different owners.

Last edited by TrafficDomainer; 6th August 2015 at 04:12 AM..
Old 6th August 2015, 07:51 AM

123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road
Re: IDN.IDN unofficial aliasing still possible?

i don't know if that would be possible. I think rules for cctlds and gtlds might be different.

If you believe that could be done I would contact Verisign ASAP and voice your concern before it is too late.
Old 6th August 2015, 02:30 PM

TrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished road
Re: IDN.IDN unofficial aliasing still possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123 View Post
i don't know if that would be possible. I think rules for cctlds and gtlds might be different.

If you believe that could be done I would contact Verisign ASAP and voice your concern before it is too late.
Thanks 123. I am not sure if I just send a random message to Verisign if it will even reach those in power. I believe some of us here have been in touch with the likes of Pat Kane. Perhaps those with contacts might get their attention better.

Any one else with any other thoughts on this?

Last edited by TrafficDomainer; 6th August 2015 at 02:35 PM..