IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > Internationalized Domain Names > Internationalized Domain Name News

Internationalized Domain Name News Recent IDN related News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th November 2015, 02:30 PM

squirrel is a name known to all
squirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to all
Re: CONGRATULATIONS IDNers!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NameYourself View Post
Lol, expecting Moniker to go the extra mile and reach out to its customers would involve planning and foresight on their part.. when we've seen in the past they have enough trouble just responding to their inbound customer complaints. I would email or call them.
CEO Jothan Frakes owns IDNs personally, so that might help
Old 19th November 2015, 03:47 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Name.com/ Domainsite meeting tomorrow to review Priority Access Program implementation.
Not a 'go' yet, but appears they are anticipating supporting.
Old 19th November 2015, 10:00 PM

dave_5 is on a distinguished roaddave_5 is on a distinguished roaddave_5 is on a distinguished roaddave_5 is on a distinguished roaddave_5 is on a distinguished roaddave_5 is on a distinguished road

wish Verisign would publish time table for the other IDN's.

Hebrew was delegated this summer

https://www.iana.org/domains/root/db/xn--9dbq2a.html

http://whois.nic.xn--9dbq2a

Last edited by dave_5; 19th November 2015 at 10:03 PM..
Old 20th November 2015, 11:12 AM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

My guess is they'll wait for .コム to go through the entire process, before they launch any others.

Or, at least wait until .コム has reached step 2 of the process before they launch any more.
Old 20th November 2015, 06:42 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

FROM NAME.COM...appears they will be participating in the Priority Access Program.
I will send more information when I receive.

Thank you for your patience in this matter. We are still awaiting the technical documentation from Versign so that we can evaluate how we can implement this product. As soon as I have an update for you, I will let you know.
Thanks,
John Rupp
Product Manager
Old 23rd November 2015, 10:03 AM

mxfusion is on a distinguished roadmxfusion is on a distinguished roadmxfusion is on a distinguished roadmxfusion is on a distinguished roadmxfusion is on a distinguished roadmxfusion is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
CEO Jothan Frakes owns IDNs personally, so that might help

I suppose all of them own IDN, I notice that when some of the better names IDNs expire, they will reserve it for themselves.
Old 23rd November 2015, 03:18 PM

clipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxfusion View Post
I suppose all of them own IDN, I notice that when some of the better names IDNs expire, they will reserve it for themselves.
The costs of starting an accredited registry are modest compared to what folks here have put into IDNs.

We could rage against the inequity or take comfort in knowing what we know and having what we have. Personally, I still think we're all pretty luck to be here, whether we got here a year ago, ten years ago, or fifteen years ago.

Sometimes a deep breath and the words of the duck are helpful.

Quote:
Obviously, we have rights to what we have.

Last edited by clipper; 23rd November 2015 at 03:20 PM..
Old 24th November 2015, 12:27 AM

squirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to allsquirrel is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxfusion View Post
I meant to say that Jothan owned some prior to his involvement with Moniker.
Old 7th December 2015, 10:44 AM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

Sunrise Period: 09 December 2015 to 31 January 2016

Anyone monitoring the zone file?
Old 7th December 2015, 04:46 PM

I have access to it - I think -
If you need to do some checks let me know.
Old 7th December 2015, 04:47 PM

RECEIVED THIS FROM NAME.COM TODAY

Sent: Monday, December 07, 2015 11:13 AM
Subject: Re: Verisign's Priority Access Program for IDNs

Hi Bill,

We will be supporting this, but we are still waiting on technical documentation from Verisign at this time.

Once we have that we will be able to implement this so our customers can participate.

Thanks,

John Rupp
Product Manager
Old 7th December 2015, 06:30 PM

clipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I have access to it - I think -
If you need to do some checks let me know.
Where is it published? Through the CZDS?
Old 7th December 2015, 07:03 PM

For newGs yes, for .com/.net you have to apply
Old 7th December 2015, 07:36 PM

Quote:
For newGs yes, for .com/.net you have to apply
Thanks. Just got access to both last week. I'll try to do some digging.
Old 7th December 2015, 09:13 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipper View Post
Thanks. Just got access to both last week. I'll try to do some digging.
That would be great. Post 'em up in a private thread as they appear please. :^)
Old 7th December 2015, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbert View Post
Sunrise Period: 09 December 2015 to 31 January 2016

Anyone monitoring the zone file?
It will take some time as I think any applications have to be cleared with TMCH before being registered, but I have access to it through ICANN's CZDS.