IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | idntools | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > Regional Specific Discussion > النطاقات العربي

النطاقات العربي Discussion on Arabic Domains

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th June 2006, 05:55 AM

aboujouj83 is an unknown quantity at this point
any good news for arabic domains?

I have around 30 arabic domain names right now, many of them I think are good ones. But revenue from namedrive is very low even though I believe they have potentials.

I am posting here to see if there is a good news regarding the arabic IDNs? Is the idn.idn coming soon? Is it going to affect the IDN.com and IDN.net? So I am not sure if I should register more arabic IDNs right now. Please share your speculation and ideas.

Thanks,
Aboujouj
Old 4th June 2006, 07:05 AM
Administrator

thefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to thefabfive
Re: any good news for arabic domains?

Well, Arabic IDNs are my second biggest earners next to Russian. I think that's somewhat good news. The delay of Microsoft's IE7 is definitely not good news.

IDN.IDN is still up in the air but most on this board believe it will be implemented with the DNAME (preferred) method.

It's been a slow few weeks news wise though. Maybe think about developing some of your Arabic IDNs. That's one way to get more traffic and potentially more revenue. Since you speak Arabic the process should be a little easier for you. Something to tide you over until type-in traffic gets better.
Old 4th June 2006, 02:23 PM

g is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished road

if you worry from arabic idn.idn ... I would want to see who is the most brave arabic investor who make such risky gambling step and if there are some issues to be resolved about idn.com like email ...etc there will be a lot of issues for idn.idn to be working

and if you want a complete arabic address what will be the www
دبليو دبليو دبليو ?!!

but if you worry from low traffic and revenue.... I would say this is a real thing that deserve your concerns.

I think you should drop names with zero traffic at the meantime.

but it is still far to think about dropping as your nearest drop date will be something like march 2007!.

we need two things for the traffic to boom

+ only one big site to be developed on an IDN.com.
+ 50% of arabic internet users install IE7.

and it will happen sooner or later

but who on earth have that damn patience
Old 4th June 2006, 02:32 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by g
but who on earth have that damn patience
Many idners have been waiting 7 years, some here 7 months, some 7 weeks.

I believe PrimoIDNs + Patience + Planning + Pain = Success

planning= next year reg fee planning!
Old 4th June 2006, 10:05 PM

aboujouj83 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think I have that patience

I stopped registering new names two weeks ago which makes me less impatient...I am now working on improving my hockey forum. However, I check my namedrive stats every day, and they fluctuate a lot. I am getting few clicks every day on my arabic names, not more than 3 or 4 in total...I am going to wait and see.
I think that we should help promoting IDN.com in the arab world. I started on my own way, but I think we need a big promotion...

Aboujouj
Old 4th June 2006, 10:26 PM
Administrator

thefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to thefabfive

Rewarding visitors that type in an Arabic word with something other than a 404 Error is a good start.
Old 4th June 2006, 10:38 PM

Location: Global Headquarters of the Dot Net Skepticism Alliance
idn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished road

Has anyone parked Arabic names at Sedo?
Old 5th June 2006, 02:43 AM

burnsinternet is an unknown quantity at this point

FYI - I parked nine Arabic names at Sedo. Some are absolutely terrific! Zero income. I moved them to ND last week. No clicks yet.

I had some up as sites, but no income. I am thinking about putting the sites back up.
Old 5th June 2006, 04:20 AM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsinternet
FYI - I parked nine Arabic names at Sedo. Some are absolutely terrific! Zero income. I moved them to ND last week. No clicks yet.

I had some up as sites, but no income. I am thinking about putting the sites back up.
I think if you are focussing on income generation at this stage of the game, you are focussing on the wrong thing. As discussed many times, few people type in IDNs at the moment, and that isn't going to change for several (many?) months to come.

Park names to get traffic stats to guide you in deciding which types of name to acquire, but income generated at this stage is just a bonus.

You just need to have faith that income will come post-IE7, and spend the time pre-IE7 investing in the best IDNs you can find!
Old 5th June 2006, 05:29 AM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboujouj83
I think I have that patience

I stopped registering new names two weeks ago which makes me less impatient...I am now working on improving my hockey forum. However, I check my namedrive stats every day, and they fluctuate a lot. I am getting few clicks every day on my arabic names, not more than 3 or 4 in total...I am going to wait and see.
I think that we should help promoting IDN.com in the arab world. I started on my own way, but I think we need a big promotion...

Aboujouj

Depends a lot on the names - ovt and whether it has been indexed. I'm getting an average of 1 view for each of my Arabic names per day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by domainguru
I think if you are focussing on income generation at this stage of the game, you are focussing on the wrong thing. As discussed many times, few people type in IDNs at the moment, and that isn't going to change for several (many?) months to come.

Park names to get traffic stats to guide you in deciding which types of name to acquire, but income generated at this stage is just a bonus.

You just need to have faith that income will come post-IE7, and spend the time pre-IE7 investing in the best IDNs you can find!

Traffic does exist, except is smaller amounts, so it would still be possible to compare domains within the same language group for traffic.

Last edited by touchring; 5th June 2006 at 05:32 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 6th June 2006, 01:29 AM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring
Depends a lot on the names - ovt and whether it has been indexed. I'm getting an average of 1 view for each of my Arabic names per day.

Traffic does exist, except is smaller amounts, so it would still be possible to compare domains within the same language group for traffic.
That's exactly what I said:

Quote:
Park names to get traffic stats to guide you in deciding which types of name to acquire