IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th March 2016, 07:21 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Re: .コム

And that is why ASCII is working.

No Language Tag required.
Old 16th March 2016, 07:23 AM
Veteran

Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

If that is it, it is pretty dumb, but easily fixable.
Old 16th March 2016, 07:42 AM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

Go to the search results page in Firefox. Make sure you have installed the Firebug add-on.

Right-click on the empty language dropdown box and select "Inspect Element with Firebug".

Click on the edit button.

Replace
Code:
<select size="1" name="idlanguage_5"></select>
with
Code:
<select size="1" name="idlanguage_5"><option value="JPN">Japanese</option></select>
(the number on idlanguage_ will differ depending on how many TLD's you searched in, make sure you don't change the number)

Then you should be able to add it to your cart.
Old 16th March 2016, 09:04 AM
Veteran

Thought it might be down to Explorer 9 on new works machine, but using private PC Edge does the same.
Old 16th March 2016, 09:25 AM
Veteran

Tried what you said but back to previous error statement.

Firefox also not supporting scripts. Probably need to activate them on private PC.
Old 16th March 2016, 09:30 AM
Veteran

Back to same error as before. Activated Languages but still jibberish.

"Error Priority Access until Sunday 15th May......"
Old 16th March 2016, 03:41 PM

Avtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbert View Post
Go to the search results page in Firefox. Make sure you have installed the Firebug add-on.

Right-click on the empty language dropdown box and select "Inspect Element with Firebug".

Click on the edit button.

Replace
Code:
<select size="1" name="idlanguage_5"></select>
with
Code:
<select size="1" name="idlanguage_5"><option value="JPN">Japanese</option></select>
(the number on idlanguage_ will differ depending on how many TLD's you searched in, make sure you don't change the number)

Then you should be able to add it to your cart.
Something similar worked for me just now. This is at Dynadot, with Chrome (no plug-in required) on MS Windows.

So:
1) Log into your Dynadot account;
2) Use IDN Search (NOT IDN Bulk Search), making sure to click the コム box each time (tedious);
3) Note the price;
4) If you still want the domain, do the trick above to get a Japanese language tag and add the domain to your cart.

Repeat as necessary, then check out.

Note that if you search for a domain whose .com you don't already own, you'll get the error message about Priority Access Period.

Of the 6 mediocre Japanese names that I tested (that's the only kind I own), 5 showed at reg fee and one was quoted at $177.

After going through all that trouble, I bought only one domain; I need to ponder my IDN strategy in light of Verisign's apparent decision to charge Premium prices during the Priority Access Period.

Avtal

Last edited by Avtal; 16th March 2016 at 03:56 PM..
Old 16th March 2016, 04:44 PM

Avtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the rough

Update: Dynadot has fixed the language tag, so you don't need to play tricks with your browser anymore. IDN Bulk Search still fails, but IDN Search works.

Avtal
Old 16th March 2016, 05:36 PM

123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road

Name.com seems to be working. Some names have been registered.
Old 16th March 2016, 06:15 PM

idnowner will become famous soon enoughidnowner will become famous soon enoughidnowner will become famous soon enoughidnowner will become famous soon enoughidnowner will become famous soon enoughidnowner will become famous soon enoughidnowner will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avtal View Post
Something similar worked for me just now. This is at Dynadot, with Chrome (no plug-in required) on MS Windows.

So:
1) Log into your Dynadot account;
2) Use IDN Search (NOT IDN Bulk Search), making sure to click the コム box each time (tedious);
3) Note the price;
4) If you still want the domain, do the trick above to get a Japanese language tag and add the domain to your cart.

Repeat as necessary, then check out.

Note that if you search for a domain whose .com you don't already own, you'll get the error message about Priority Access Period.

Of the 6 mediocre Japanese names that I tested (that's the only kind I own), 5 showed at reg fee and one was quoted at $177.

After going through all that trouble, I bought only one domain; I need to ponder my IDN strategy in light of Verisign's apparent decision to charge Premium prices during the Priority Access Period.

Avtal
I understand "PREMIUM PRICING" is the RENEWAL FEES TOO.
Old 16th March 2016, 07:13 PM

clipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123 View Post
I see that name.com has fixed the matching pricing, too.
Old 16th March 2016, 07:15 PM

123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I understand "PREMIUM PRICING" is the RENEWAL FEES TOO.
I thought this is a one time set-up fee?
Old 16th March 2016, 07:18 PM

clipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I thought this is a one time set-up fee?
That's what I understand, too. A one time fee.
Old 16th March 2016, 07:33 PM

Jay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipper View Post
I see that name.com has fixed the matching pricing, too.
It looks like Name.com's premium pricing is slightly more expensive than Dynadot's.

IDN.enterprises - buying, selling, brokering IDNs
Old 16th March 2016, 11:43 PM
Premium User

Kent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I was able to register one of six I tried successfully. The rest say failed second level domain test, so they are still having some technical glitches. One I didn't register was premium priced but priced at less than the premium price quoted at 101domain.com.
Old 17th March 2016, 04:41 AM

domainsell is on a distinguished roaddomainsell is on a distinguished roaddomainsell is on a distinguished roaddomainsell is on a distinguished roaddomainsell is on a distinguished roaddomainsell is on a distinguished road

Premium pricing?? If I already own the idn.com for $10/year how can they get away with charging any more than that for the idn.idn??? Smells like a HUGE SCAM.
Old 17th March 2016, 06:38 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by domainsell View Post
Premium pricing?? If I already own the idn.com for $10/year how can they get away with charging any more than that for the idn.idn??? Smells like a HUGE SCAM.
It is a huge scam.

They are doing it because they think they can and on paper it is very profitable.
Old 17th March 2016, 07:34 AM

mxfusion is on a distinguished roadmxfusion is on a distinguished roadmxfusion is on a distinguished roadmxfusion is on a distinguished roadmxfusion is on a distinguished roadmxfusion is on a distinguished road

.コム is overrated. Let's say if you own the .com and another guy owns the .コム. If he develops his website, who will benefit?
Old 17th March 2016, 08:32 AM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

The premium pricing is going to kill off what has already been a complete disaster due to the ridiculous delays getting idn.idn to market.
Old 17th March 2016, 09:42 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbert View Post
The premium pricing is going to kill off what has already been a complete disaster due to the ridiculous delays getting idn.idn to market.
Yes, you only need to bring in a reasonable level of doubt over legality of Title and the whole thing will crash and burn.

They may prove to be impossible to sell unless paired with the IDN.com.