IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th May 2016, 03:52 AM

clipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the rough
Did Dynadot just raise .コム to $199.99???

Nevermind, landrush.
Old 15th May 2016, 05:01 AM

Avtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the rough
Re: Did Dynadot just raise .コム to $199.99???

I just noticed the same thing.

In theory, landrush doesn't start until May 16, 0:00 UTC. If you use Dynadot's bulk IDN search to look for a domain you don't own, you get the message "Priority Access until Sun, 15 May 2016 17:00:00 PST." So we should still be in Priority Access, not Landrush.

This means the price should not have gone up yet. I sent an email to Dynadot support (they won't be in until 9:00 Sunday morning Pacific time), since I was thinking of doing some last-minute shopping.

Avtal
Old 15th May 2016, 05:11 AM

Jay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enoughJay will become famous soon enough

Registrars confused as always.

IDN.enterprises - buying, selling, brokering IDNs

Last edited by Jay; 15th May 2016 at 05:42 AM..
Old 15th May 2016, 05:11 AM

clipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avtal View Post
I just noticed the same thing.

In theory, landrush doesn't start until May 16, 0:00 UTC. If you use Dynadot's bulk IDN search to look for a domain you don't own, you get the message "Priority Access until Sun, 15 May 2016 17:00:00 PST." So we should still be in Priority Access, not Landrush.

This means the price should not have gone up yet. I sent an email to Dynadot support (they won't be in until 9:00 Sunday morning Pacific time), since I was thinking of doing some last-minute shopping.

Avtal
Yeah, the time is weird. According to 101domain, Priority ended at 0:00 UTC, so there might be some dead space here between the end of Priority reg and the beginning of Landrush.
Old 15th May 2016, 12:23 PM

Location: Global Headquarters of the Dot Net Skepticism Alliance
idn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipper View Post
Yeah, the time is weird. According to 101domain, Priority ended at 0:00 UTC, so there might be some dead space here between the end of Priority reg and the beginning of Landrush.
More ridiculously. Every one has different times and priority access was planned to be an auction if more than one person ordered.
Old 15th May 2016, 01:15 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

It appears as if Dynadot has half-transitioned to landrush.

I still can only register priority domains of mine, but the base price has shot up to $199.99

Premium's are still at their old price.
Old 15th May 2016, 02:26 PM

mulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enough

Looks like all my $12.50 .コム have now shot up to $199.99, I was going to register those today. What happened to Priority Access being until 15th May??
Old 15th May 2016, 03:54 PM

123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road

the next wave of looting starts at midnight.. non-refundable fee of $200. You pay to play and might end up with nothing but a $200 bill.
Old 15th May 2016, 04:56 PM

Avtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the rough

I just chatted with someone at Dynadot. They are aware of the problem (premature jump to landrush pricing) and are working to fix it. Time estimate (no guarantees) was maybe an hour from now.

Avtal
Old 15th May 2016, 04:59 PM
Semi-retired

alpha has disabled reputation

Quote:
I just chatted with someone at Dynadot. They are aware of the problem (premature jump to landrush pricing) and are working to fix it. Time estimate (no guarantees) was maybe an hour from now.

Avtal
I am seeing Enom reg's all over the place, it seems they started landrush regs already
Old 15th May 2016, 05:08 PM

123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road123 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Avtal
what do they mean with fixing it? You can't reverse premature registrations?
Old 15th May 2016, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123 View Post
what do they mean with fixing it? You can't reverse premature registrations?
Different issue. Dynadot currently allows only the .com registrant to register the corresponding .コム domain, until the Priority Access period ends (6 hours or so from now). But they boosted the registration price to $199.99 (Landrush price) 24 hours early. So Priority Access only, but at Landrush prices.

It sounds like some other registrars are already allowing anyone to purchase .コム domains with no restrictions, at Landrush prices. But that's not the problem that Dynadot is trying to fix.

Avtal
Old 15th May 2016, 05:24 PM

Dynadot has fixed the pricing problem. I was able to register a couple of my Priority Access domains at the usual price. I haven't tested whether it is possible to register domains that I have no right to.

Avtal
Old 15th May 2016, 07:51 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

https://www.dynadot.com/domain/%E3%82%B3%E3%83%A0.html

Last edited by bwhhisc; 15th May 2016 at 07:52 PM..
Old 15th May 2016, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha View Post
I am seeing Enom reg's all over the place, it seems they started landrush regs already
Guilty. Let's see what happens.
Old 15th May 2016, 09:01 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Dynadot has fixed the pricing problem. I was able to register a couple of my Priority Access domains at the usual price. I haven't tested whether it is possible to register domains that I have no right to.

Avtal
some are, but I am seeing $190, $340 as well at dynadot.

their support went offline.
Old 16th May 2016, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhhisc View Post
some are, but I am seeing $190, $340 as well at dynadot.

their support went offline.
Congrats, Bill. Wow, just wow.