IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th October 2017, 09:01 AM

blackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enough
Google needs to go F itself

Like Facebook, Big G has got too much power, I think; It's time the government dismantle it using laws against monopolies for it's own and Peoples good;
What I see: Adsense pays me 0.3 cents for the click; The same ad I need to buy for 60 cents from Google; Nowhere to complain and no alternative;
This should not be this way.
Old 15th October 2017, 09:47 AM

mxfusion is on a distinguished roadmxfusion is on a distinguished roadmxfusion is on a distinguished roadmxfusion is on a distinguished roadmxfusion is on a distinguished roadmxfusion is on a distinguished road
Re: Google needs to go F itself

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpower View Post
Like Facebook, Big G has got too much power, I think; It's time the government dismantle it using laws against monopolies for it's own and Peoples good;
What I see: Adsense pays me 0.3 cents for the click; The same ad I need to buy for 60 cents from Google; Nowhere to complain and no alternative;
This should not be this way.

We have uber and we have airbnb. It's high time someone comes up with an airbnb and uber for websites where we can sell ad space directly to companies. The middleman will take a fixed percentage cut unlike Google that takes 90% cut.

If this concept works, I estimate that parking revenue can increase at least 5 times (minimum).
Old 20th October 2017, 09:14 AM

mgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enough

You can check the percentage google takes in adsense settings. They only take 30% share on content and 50% on adsense search on my account. Nothing like the 90-97
% you are claiming..

Plenty of other ad networks to choose from if you don't like google.
Old 20th October 2017, 09:31 AM

blackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enoughblackpower will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrohan View Post
You can check the percentage google takes in adsense settings. They only take 30% share on content and 50% on adsense search on my account. Nothing like the 90-97
% you are claiming..

30/50% of what? Of what adwords price they charge for the same keyword?
Definitely, people like being fooled by Gentleman
Old 23rd October 2017, 11:03 AM

I am going to stop using Adsense and stop using parking until these guys come to senses if ever;
I will use my domain type in traffic for redirection to websites monetized with other thn Google/facebook crap.
I think all domainers should consider other options at this point;
any thoughts or tips?
Old 23rd October 2017, 01:12 PM

mxfusion is on a distinguished roadmxfusion is on a distinguished roadmxfusion is on a distinguished roadmxfusion is on a distinguished roadmxfusion is on a distinguished roadmxfusion is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrohan View Post
% you are claiming..

This might actually be possible as if Google takes 50%, and parkingcrew takes another 60%, so we're left with only 20%.
Old 23rd October 2017, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxfusion View Post
This might actually be possible as if Google takes 50%, and parkingcrew takes another 60%, so we're left with only 20%.
This could be true but if this was the case of Parking Crew only, I could say that only PC are greedy bastards; But all parking companies pay about the same so unless there is a price fixing among parking companies-I don't know what to think!
Old 24th October 2017, 09:01 PM

mgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enough

Do you have high traffic sites with good design with useful content for users? Or are you complaining about poor payouts to crappy parked IDNs?

And its hardly price fixing by the parking companies, more like just them making a profit. It's not like they are charities.