IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | idntools | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd November 2017, 11:27 PM
Premium User

Kent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enough
Re: Number of .コム registrations takes a nosedive

Was looking up my purchase prices. Having trouble finding them on Dynadot and Enom.com. Not sure how I will do my taxes if I make a sale when I can't find my purchase prices!! Anyways, paid about $500 for one, $300 for a couple of others. $200 for a few and the rest at reg fee.
Old 25th November 2017, 01:52 PM

sunsei21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to sunsei21 Send a message via Skype™ to sunsei21

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre View Post
I have sometimes wondered whether or not IDNs would have been abandoned long ago if it was not for Domainers such as you good people here on IDN Forums. You guys are the life support system for IDNs. The international community should be singing their praises for you guys.

André Schappo
with the future being voice search and apps and growing AI i cant see a future where domains play as big of a role going forward.
Old 2nd December 2017, 12:11 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

The only thing left for domains is branding.

Google has hijacked the URL bar and also controls what a website must look like to obtain ranking. Every fucking website looks the same now. Bloody graphics scrolling off screen just when you're trying to read it, all sorts of flashing shit to try to keep the attention of the youngsters who get bored just reading a static page.

It's all over, Rover. Google is killing off the Internet.
Old 3rd December 2017, 02:54 AM

clipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the rough

Most of those dropped were Japanese domestic regs that took advantage of Onamae's promotional pricing (100 jpy with free privacy). Renewal prices were jacked up to normal prices, so they were dropped.

Looking at the chart, all those regs from August to October of last year (12,000 in the last week of September alone) were taking advantage of that promotion.