IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | idntools | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th November 2017, 12:06 AM
Premium User

Kent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enough
Number of .コム registrations takes a nosedive

The number of .コム registrations has taken a serious nosedive. Now under 10,000.

https://namestat.org/xn--tckwe

Last edited by Kent99; 15th November 2017 at 01:04 AM..
Old 15th November 2017, 05:11 PM

idnowner will become famous soon enoughidnowner will become famous soon enoughidnowner will become famous soon enoughidnowner will become famous soon enoughidnowner will become famous soon enoughidnowner will become famous soon enoughidnowner will become famous soon enough
Re: Number of .コム registrations takes a nosedive

I'd like to see which domains are dropping.

Could these be those strange garbage domains that no one wants anyway?

Are these available to see in a drop list somewhere?
Old 15th November 2017, 05:23 PM

Avtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the roughAvtal is a jewel in the rough

These numbers seem unlikely to encourage Verisign to move forward with their other .com-in-IDN gTLDs, unfortunately.

Avtal
Old 15th November 2017, 05:59 PM

idnowner will become famous soon enoughidnowner will become famous soon enoughidnowner will become famous soon enoughidnowner will become famous soon enoughidnowner will become famous soon enoughidnowner will become famous soon enoughidnowner will become famous soon enough

I'm still wondering (or hoping) that maybe Verisign launched these when they weren't ready, and that they've delayed promoting them in Japan (and worldwide) until certain devices, apps and software get updated.

I'm also thinking there could have been some corporate political issues too. And as an indicator, I point to ICANN's website, showing the trademark period to end on December 31, 2017...

https://newgtlds.icann.org/en/progra...82%B3%E3%83%A0

Trademark Claims Period: 13 June 2016 to 31 December 2017

Last edited by idnowner; 15th November 2017 at 06:01 PM..
Old 15th November 2017, 09:07 PM

sbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enough

thanks for posting.
I think many of the drops are very poor transliterations and trademark modifiers.
poor marketing for sure by verisign.
s/
Old 16th November 2017, 11:09 AM

alibuba is on a distinguished roadalibuba is on a distinguished roadalibuba is on a distinguished roadalibuba is on a distinguished roadalibuba is on a distinguished roadalibuba is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to alibuba

Glad i dropped all my names and got out of this shit. 10 years of my life. Still added experience but wasn't successful at all. Goodluck yall
Old 18th November 2017, 01:41 AM
Premium User

Kent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enoughKent99 will become famous soon enough

Now at 6883
Old 18th November 2017, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent99 View Post
Now at 6883
And a big bunch of those are mine!
Old 19th November 2017, 10:33 PM
Premium User

Only 23 registered without privacy in Canada and most of those are mine. Seems there are very few people registering these.
Old 19th November 2017, 10:35 PM
Premium User

Quote:
Originally Posted by idnowner View Post
And a big bunch of those are mine!
How many is that, if you don't mind my prying?
Old 20th November 2017, 08:04 PM

Quote:
How many is that, if you don't mind my prying?
700 .com (Approximately)

1,014 .コム

Last edited by idnowner; 20th November 2017 at 08:06 PM..
Old 21st November 2017, 02:19 AM

Wot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enough

Quote:
700 .com (Approximately)

1,014 .コム
Old 21st November 2017, 03:02 PM

sunsei21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to sunsei21 Send a message via Skype™ to sunsei21

Quote:
700 .com (Approximately)

1,014 .コム
someone has to keep IDNs afloat
Old 22nd November 2017, 09:45 PM

sbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enoughsbe18 will become famous soon enough

are you dropping pairs of same second levels at or near the same time ?
Of the 314 or so idn.idn's that did not have a matching idn.com , are those the primary group that you are dropping ?

I think Japanese marketers are going to stick with idn.com and idn.jp, that is that.
Old 22nd November 2017, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbe18 View Post
are you dropping pairs of same second levels at or near the same time ?
Of the 314 or so idn.idn's that did not have a matching idn.com , are those the primary group that you are dropping ?

I think Japanese marketers are going to stick with idn.com and idn.jp, that is that.
I got all 700 .コム to match my .coms, plus other big keywords in .コム where the .com was registered to someone else. I'm not dropping any, for now.
Old 23rd November 2017, 04:11 AM
Premium User

Quote:
I got all 700 .コム to match my .coms, plus other big keywords in .コム where the .com was registered to someone else. I'm not dropping any, for now.
How much did you spend? Prying again.
Old 23rd November 2017, 08:52 AM

andre is on a distinguished roadandre is on a distinguished roadandre is on a distinguished roadandre is on a distinguished roadandre is on a distinguished roadandre is on a distinguished road

Quote:
700 .com (Approximately)

1,014 .コム
I have sometimes wondered whether or not IDNs would have been abandoned long ago if it was not for Domainers such as you good people here on IDN Forums. You guys are the life support system for IDNs. The international community should be singing their praises for you guys.

André Schappo
Old 23rd November 2017, 03:20 PM

Quote:
How much did you spend? Prying again.
I paid the premium Verisign registration price of about $14,000 each for the .コム version of Music and Loans. I already owned the .com version of loans, but only have the .コム of music. A lot of premiums were priced in the $245 - $600 range. Many others were under $100 or $200. Many of the premiums were priced low - assuming they'll have value in the future.

However, we could also make the argument that we should have got the matching .コム for free or at basic $10 reg fee, based on how they were promoted in the early days.
Old 23rd November 2017, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre View Post
I have sometimes wondered whether or not IDNs would have been abandoned long ago if it was not for Domainers such as you good people here on IDN Forums. You guys are the life support system for IDNs. The international community should be singing their praises for you guys.

André Schappo
It's like the stock market, or cryptocurrencies. You place your bets and hope you win more $ than lose.
Old 23rd November 2017, 10:33 PM
Premium User

Thanks for answering.